The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I posted this months ago based on our official financial data:

I don't know if it's 180 mil. but Bayern's number is about 50 to 60 mil. for this season, so if we extend our losses into the next one, we're surely looking at a +100 mil. loss in revenue compared to our prediction.

2. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The team played a practice game today with a XI that is presumably the one we might see against City

Tibo; Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Asensio, Benz, Hazard

Marcelo as a starter, that midfield 3 are an absolute no no from the get go. Not sure how I feel about Nacho over Militao either

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I am literally questioning the foolishness of that report stating we lost €180M over that 12-match period... which you retorted by defending.

Then you post your own words (you heavily exaggerate btw, 12 matches is not half the season FFS), where our yearly (total) revenue generated from matchday, concessions, etc from last season is less than what these idiots claim we lost in 12 games.

Seriously man, it's okay to agree with me.

I am a safe space.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't defend it, I'm saying we didn't only lose 12 match day revenues. We lost every piece of revenue surrounding the stadium for months. Also the work on the stadium was pushed ahead, we'd obviously do all that during the quiet months of the summer holidays.

The report is over sensationalised but so is your "it's just 12 match days" view. We generate a lot more revenue than just tickets.

I've already said that I don't think we're selling players to finance transfers, we're covering for our losses. Should we be in the clear from that and stuff whatever hole has opened (which again, I would suspect is closer to that 80 or 100 mil. range), then maybe we'll see something light happening.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uhh this....

.. is a defense.

A laughable one especially considering we didn't lose 5 months of revenue due to stadium renovations and we never made the amount they claim in an entire season talk much a 12-match span, two month span.

Besides where did I say we only lost matchday revenue? I said that revenue was the bulk of what would have been lost those 12-match days and these past months.

You defended the sensationalism which I rightfully criticized and now you're attempting to pivot. Stop this nonsense.

It's embarrasing to hang on other revenues being generated when half the months you quoted for revenue generation would be closed for renovations anyways and they quoted a figure larger than our entire revenue generated in an entire season in these areas.

You're literally disagreeing just to disagree.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's OK, we just lost out on tickets of 12 match days and nothing else if that makes you feel better.

When the club publishes the financial report at the end of the year we'll know for sure. Until then it's all speculation. For all we all there's a vaccine on Monday and we play next season in a full Bernabeu. There's people paid stupid amounts of money to make these predictions, I'm not going to waste my time arguing about my amateur guess on the Internet.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Never said this in any post but you keep repeating it and attacking this strawman because you have nothing else.

It's ironic what was so offensive to you wasn't the blatant lie about losing €180M; it was the fact I called that lie out with the truth.

That says everything.

By then you will do your usual and deflect or avoid.

You literally posted your own previous reflections of our total revenue generations in multiple areas and you still attempted to rationalize that absolute bullshit.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #4135 Saeta Rubia, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Hsain85, Digital, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

madridista_hr and Anon. repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We will win this one

Digital repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahnaf, Shay Z, Whiteboard and 4 others repped this.
  14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does anybody think Ronaldo would make the pass for the assist that Hugol makes here, keep that in mind when talking about all his goal scoring records at the club.

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo is so selfish. That's why he only has 131 assists, being the 2nd top assister, only behind Benzema. And Benzema overtook him after Cristiano was gone for a season and a half.

17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Come on now, CR is a selfish player. He has many assists, of course, the guy is 35 and has played hundreds and hundreds of matches. But he is not known for his solidarity in front of goal. Not saying it's a bad thing because he's probably the best finisher of the last 20 years, but he's a self-centered diva.

I mean, there are videos of Ronaldo waving his arms with frustration after a teammate scores a goal.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  18. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CR7 is the man & you will show respect!

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My comment was more that maybe players like Hugol and Raul didn't score as many goals because they were more teams players and would pass up great chances to feed a teamate.

Of course Ronaldo would rack up assists, and to his credit he became more of team player as he became older and relied more on his teammates.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cristiano is a special breed. Both talent wise and in his drive and hunger. To the point of being petty

But when u deliver like he does, you overlook such things. He was just a special special player for us. Historically good

21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CR7 has 569 goals/assists in 438 games for Real Madrid.

This is not just historically good. This is other world type sh*t. Those are GOAT numbers. It’s mind boggling & somehow under appreciated.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Ronaldo was simply on another level. A good record for a striker was one goal every other game. Ronaldo scored more goals than he had games. No way Raul was achieving those numbers.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raul only had 323 goals in 741 games. 0.44 goals per game. Even Benzema has 0.48.

Both combined still have less than Cristiano's 1.03.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Messi/Ronaldo are on another level in terms of goal scoring both in league and CL level. Even Di Stefano, Puskas and Gerd Muller doesn't have their scoring ratio.

Raul played throughout his RM career with a No.9 and had prolific numbers for his position. Zomarano, Suker, Morientes, R9, RVN were his striking partners. That was the golden era of quality CFs.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    He was also force-fitted in the lineup. I remember a game where he was playing right midfield!