The Real Madrid Forum

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by astabooty, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That's cool. I used to live in Florida a while back. I remember going to Miami for a US - Holland match. I don't remember the score (0-2? 0-3?).

Unfortunately for Real Madrid fans, we suffered at the hands of a great AC Milan side with dutch stars. Marco Van Basten was a stud. What a fantastic player. His goal for Holland in the Euro competition was ridiculous (I think it was against the Russia).

I can see Barcelona attracting a lot of football fans this year. At the beginning of the season their football was incredible to watch.

Thanks for the info.

¡Hala Madrid!

2. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies

i love barca because they play lovely attacking football!! Teams like Ac milan and real madrid have been more successful but barca is a family. they all do what is right for the team and not their own individual success!!!
    I became a big fan When rivaldo was in his PRIME, i will never forget his overhead kicks and brillant individual skill that saved us from defeat!! 00 - 03 were dark days but things are better now!!

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I can't say I agree with this observation - the playing for individual success part. I do agree that Laporta has done an admirable job of putting a solid team together in Barcelona. Well, Laporta and the work done by Sandro Rosell and Txiki. Our problem over the last couple of seasons is that we have had players out of position (Zidane on the left, Beckham in the middle, Raúl Bravo as a central defender...). It looks like Sacchi and Luxemburgo understand that; we'll see if Florentino does anything about it. I said it before, Barcelona deserve the title this year.

¡Hala Madrid!

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My reason for following Barca is simple:

Rafael Marquez.

I guess having another trio of Mexicans in their youth ranks interests me as well, but there really was no other motive here besides The Captain being in Barcelona.

I'm on a mission, you know.

To somehow get Rijkaard's personal phone number, call him up and let him know that Rafa is the best goddamn CB in the world.

Then, I figure everything else will fall into place, including this here board's sometimes awkward posts.

On the flipside of the equation, I can't gaurantee I'll remain a civil being the moment Hugo Sanchez becomes Real Madrid's coach.

Hugo comes before everything.

Mexico, UNAM, Chivas, Toon, Barcelona, my bass, my band, my girl, my dreams, my family, my friends and even my health.

Hugo is God.

I am just the messenger.

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Rijkaard has finally gotten over his Rafa hatred. I couldn't stand it last year when he continually sat him behind Ole. I think he finally appreciates how good Marquez is.

As for the youth players, I can't wait to see how Giovanni Dos Santos develops. He looks great in the videos I've seen so far. Freddy Who?

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Gee, thanks guys

7. SangCule

SangCule New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Don't forget Marigol :)

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ???

9. SangCule

SangCule New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, you asked nicely so I'm going to answer :)

I've been following Barcelona since I can remember. Probably before that :) I guess the fact that my two older brothers were cules above anything else may have influenced me. I remember watching the final in Basilea when we won the first 'Recopa' in '79 (I was just 7 yo). My brother even had that game in Super 8 film :)

I was a cule even then, when all the kids in my school were RM fans. Fortunately, back then I could run circles around them playing futbol :D

10. SangCule

SangCule New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Marigol

11. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Id hit it.

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I completely forgot about her. If only Mia would sign with Barça. Think of the strike force.

Nomar can come with her, it's not like he's busy. :)

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    she looks very dyke!

14. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    It was a joke buddy.

Anyways

¡Visca El Barca!

15. 226gem

226gem New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    i think the people in charge of real madrid have the minds of 10 year olds...they think that because they have stars they are the best team in the world...well this has proven to be wrong OVER AND OVER AGAIN. sucking stars who losing their shine...barca on the other hand take unknowns and rejects and maybe some young popular talent and polish them and make them the brightest stars in the world. david beckham shud not talk...he shud try to kick a penalty or a free kick without slipping...and also...he only has a right foot...and he runs a mile and a half before he kicks the ball...damage his right foot and his career is gone...

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

¡Hala Madrid!

17. 226gem

226gem New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    That's so true...if u watch about almost all of barcelona's games...barcelona dominates possession by about an average of 60%:40%...even if it's a big club they are playing like chelsea...it's really poetry in motion watching barcelona play then seeing ronaldinho chip a through ball out of nothing for someone to score...i was alwayz a barca fan from since i started following up football, because of the fact that the best players in the world went through barcelona.

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    How old are you? I'm just curious what your opinion was during the Gaspart years. I'm sure you still rooted for them, being the diehard fan you say you are. But what did you think of those leaner years?

Hala Madrid

19. 226gem

226gem New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Aye i was a barca fan all my life, mainly because of how they play...i don't really care about who was in charge of barca, once they played well was all i cared about.

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Fine. Do you not have an opinion of your beloved club during the Gaspart years?

¡HALA MADRID!

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's because everyone in this board is a unique and separate person. But in the Madrid forum? Not sure. I'm beginning to think that the regular posters in that forum largely comes from one person who owns about 20 sock-puppets.

Anybody else get that impression??

22. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yes. they also like sucking eachother off after any of them writes a post longer than 3inches.

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, they're not cool like us.

Just busting balls... don't go nuts... I'll unsuscribe to this thread.

Peace

24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

iirc (cant be arsed to look it up now) this thread started before you were around, then you joined in. anyway, i dont remember you being bad.

25. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I've only been around since May - don't know when I first saw this thread. Anyway, you'll hear from me during the season because once the league starts I will try to catch every game I can so I'm sure I'll be here talking about Barcelona.

Later.....