The QPR Transfer News/Rumours Thread III: 05/06

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Atouk, May 18, 2005.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Gino Padula is off to Forest. Best of luck to Gino and many thanks for his efforts the last three seasons. While he fell out of favor with Olly last season, he's a good player who could have provided some depth. It wouldn't be smart of us to count on Rose for 40+ games, so I hope Olly is happy with his other options.

3. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This report indicates that the News of the World has reported that QPR are "on the verge of making a move for" Barry Hayles from Millwall. Of course, the reports last season were that we were interested in taking Hayles after his contract with Fulham ended, but he ended up signing with Sheffield United instead. After spending two months with the Blades, he was sold to Fulham for a (fairly nominal) £25,000, according to Soccerbase. Hayles scored 12 goals in 28 league starts (and 4 sub appearances) for the Lions.

4. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tommy Larsen, a Norwegian international most recently with Nurnberg says he would have been interested in joining QPR if countryman Tore Andre Flo would have signed with the R's. He signed with Odd Grenland.

5. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club has given info on the two trialists with the club in Ibiza (and I dug up the stats on Chambers at soccerbase):

Hugo is Nigerian and was recommended by Danny Shittu. No other information was given except that he is a full back.

Adam Chambers is a 24-year-old former West Brom full back who made 70 total appearances for the Baggies.

He broke into the West Brom first team in 2000/01, making 5 starts and 7 sub appearances in Division One, along with a start and a sub appearance in the League Cup. He scored against Portsmouth that season, his only career goal. He turned 20 during that season. He didn't feature in either game against QPR.

In their 01/02 promotion campaign, he started 24 games in Division One with made 8 sub appearances. He also made 7 starts in the FA and League Cups.

In 02/03, he made 10 Premiership starts and 3 sub appearances (and had 1 start and 1 sub in the FA Cup).

In 03/04, he only started 1 Division One game (and had a League Cup sub appearance) for West Brom, then was loaned out to Sheffield Wednesday where he made 8 starts and 3 sub appearances in Division Two. He didn't play either Wednesday game against QPR that season.

Last season, he didn't feature in West Brom's first team and was released in March. He signed on with Kidderminster Harriers in late March and started their last two games in League Two (they were relegated to the Conference).

6. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Hmmm...why does having a Nigerian back line not fill me with the greatest of confidence?
    Still - let's hope for the best.

9. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    isn't taribo west available as well.......[cries]

10. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to an article on Sky, Ugo Ukah played for Pro Vasto in Italy last season. I believe they're in either Serie C1 or C2.

On a side note, Spurs' Dean Marney (who was mostly injured during his brief loan to the R's a couple of seasons ago -- I did see him make a sub appearance against Brighton) may go on a season-long loan to Norwich.

11. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
  12. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
  13. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    QPR TRIAL VILLA KEEPER Aston Villa goalkeeper Wayne Henderson has joined Queens Park Rangers on trial. (according to Sky Sports)

Atouk! Falling down on the job, bud!

14. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa

Blame it on CarolinaB

15. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QPR has signed 6'5" Danish internatinal center forward Marc Nygaard. The 28-year-old played at Brescia last season and has signed a two-year deal at QPR.

Some quotes from Nygaard:

"There is a great spirit here, it is like one big family, it is a lot different from Italy."

"The first game I ever attended was Arsenal v QPR at Highbury and I was standing by all the QPR fans and I followed the club when I was growing up."

"Many of my friends said I should play in England because it would suit my style. I am a very physical player and look forward to playing in the Championship."

According to Soccerbase (which lists him as a defender?), he has six international appearances for Denmark from 2000 to 2002. All were as a substitute. They included World Cup qualifiers against Czech Republic, Northern Ireland and Malta and friendlies against France, Germany, and Saudi Arabia.
    ;)

16. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    He's tall. Real tall. Only 2 inches shorter than Crouch. DAMN.

17. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anderlecht goalkeeper Tristan Peersman is currently on trial at Coventry after Anderlecht brought in a new keeper over the summer, but Sky Sports says QPR may have an interest in Peersman. Not much in the story to back it up -- can't say if it's any more than pure speculation.

Derby County's Jamie Vincent started at left back (and then moved to center back) in the win vs. Iran. Derby County manager Phil Brown said:

18. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
  19. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
  20. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    if he could hit a barn door as well that would be good :)

21. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
  22. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the BBC, we tried to sign Wayne Henderson, but the R's were "unable to agree a fee" with Villa.

23. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the need for depth and/or a challenge to Rose at left back has been filled... Italian left back Mauro Milanese has signed with Rangers. The 33-year-old left back played for Perugia last season, helping them win promotion to Serie A. He'd also played there previously for four years through summer 2003. It appears they were relegated in his one season away and he rejoined them and played in 30 games last year as they won promotion. Past clubs include Inter Milan, Parma, Napoli, Ancona, US Cremonese, and Torino.

Milanese is eligible for this weekend's match against Hull.

Here's an old story from when he moved from Perugia to Ancona in the summer of '03: http://www.uefa.com/news/newsId=78939,printer.htmx That Ancona team earned just 13 points (next lowest: 30) and were relegated from Serie A. He then returned to Perugia in Serie B.

His page at the Perugia site: http://www.perugiacalcio.it/schede_calciatori/scheda_calciatori04.asp

24. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    I got that SMS on my cell phone this morning. I can't believe I actually signed up for that

25. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Can't you just write that off as a business expense??? You're at an ESPN radio affiliate...just turn it in and they probably won't even notice. :D