the Proshop / Revs gear

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by mrt/MLS, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    new official scarf-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this replica t-shirt-

[​IMG]

a bit expensive, but a nice looking shirt.

2. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Story: A navy chief by the name of Jack Collins was my section's leading crew chief for about three weeks last summer. If it were the last day of a shift week, it was the chief's duty to remind everyone to have a plan when they go out and drink, be safe, etc... Chief Jack was a little different. He had a nice little montra: Don't drink and drive, don't do drugs, abstinence is the answer.

That's it. No huge backstory or anything. BTW, Jack was pretty much the coolest person I've ever worked for. He went on to a better position on daystaff and managed my division's maintenance. He is also three years younger than me and looks like he's fourteen.

Also Tony, I may take you up on that offer to get a print.

Someone said it was a little oversized. I usually buy a size L shirt, but I bought a size XL jacket. I think it fits perfectly. It has just enough room to fit a few layers for those late season games.

3. rorvis

rorvis New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    UT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    On a similar topic, can someone explain the difference between "Authentic" vs "Replica" jerseys, aside from 20 bucks?

4. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

no clue :confused:

5. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    depends, can be anything from detailing to materials to threading to stiching, etc. (I have chelsea jersey that the only difference between that and the real one is a stupid holagram sown on to the bottom corner). Might be something as simple as patches (sierra mist on the back, etc.)
    you'd need to ask

btw. anyone get the newest eurosport? in the revs jeresey description (kid you not there is a typo (cut and paste error)..)
    says "Official team jersey with felt team badge and embroidered logo. Features felt Galaxy logo across front. ClimaCool® technology for moisture control. 100% polyester. Imported."

saw it last night. almost threw up. I'd be annoyed if it were another team, but that is a kick in the crotch.:(

6. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually there is either an extra layer of fabric on the authentics that helps wick away moisture. The type of fabric material may differ between the authentics and the replicas as well.

If you want to Revs' look without shelling out too much, go with the replica.

If you want to do up a kit with patches and lettering, go with the authentic.

7. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohhh....red.....niiiiiice. You know, I'd really like to see the team incorporate more red into things. I know "blue is the color" and whatnot but man, red is cool.

8. rorvis

rorvis New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    UT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll go with authentic, as I haven't heard anyone complain about the quality.

9. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any leads to stores in MA that might stock the new US Mens Nat jersey. NikeTown on Newbury???? Anybody?

Thanks
    Alan

10. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they're there.

11. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keeping in mind that it IS Newbury Street, I'm not sure you'd be best served going there. Big hit on the wallet, probably.

That said, I don't know where else you could go around here to get it in person.

12. Soc4Us

Soc4Us Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Dunstable, MA
    For those going to "meet the revs" tomorrow, there will be some gear available although the pro shop won't be open.

I got the following e-mail response today from the Revs:

"The Pro Shop will not be open on Sunday. We will have merchandise on location during the Meet the Revs. Have a great weekend!"

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Actually, the prices there are pretty consistent with what I've seen elsewhere. They have the new home and away jerseys, both new and old practice ones, and a number of other items, including some hats that were on sale for $10 last I checked.

14. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just back from the trip in. Exact same price as Nike.com or BigSoccershop.com $70 for the white US home jersey.

Nice to see all the WC related items on full view as you walk in the door. Tis the season! :)

15. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    Did you happen to notice if they have the toddler kits there?

16. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were up in the kids' section when I was there a couple weeks back.

17. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    Excellent!! Thank you.

18. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, at the Meet the Team event, the Pro Shop area had the heat press and letters for making customized shirts! Many a fan wandered the event sporting brand new RILEY and PARKHURST and JOSEPH shirts, among many others.

Here's the dirt:
    They were customizing replica (NOT the slightly pricier authentic, which I didn't see in evidence) shirts for a total cost of $85. (Blank shirts were $65.) They confirmed that this service will be available at EVERY home game-- the procedure will be to order the shirt BEFORE the game, and pick it up AFTER the game.

ALSO... and this was the best part, for me... if you already have a Revs shirt and would like it customized, it's $25. The only caveat I was told about was that the shirt had to be dark blue, since the letters they have on hand are black with white borders. I don't know what that means for the away jerseys. Still, that still suits me just fine-- I'll have THREE jerseys to customize on opening day!

As for general merchandise, the players had ONE item I really, really want-- gray Revolution hoodie sweatshirts with red striping. Not for sale at the pro shop. :( I hope they show up there later, I'd like to have one.

19. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't it the other way around? The numbers on the blue jerseys are white with a black border and the white jerseys have them in black with a white outline.

[broken record]why can't they just make the numbers in red/white/blue like they used to before 2003?[/broken record]

20. bonuela

bonuela New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    quincy ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The woman manning the Pro Shop table was pretty sure they were going to get in those hoodies.

Also she said they would have a stand inside the stadium with a larger than normal selection and to look for them opening day!!:D

21. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    So, they'll put lettering on the replicas but not the authentics? Did I read that right? Or are the authentics just not in stock yet? I'm gonna splash the cash for the real deal. Wicks the beer away better.

22. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't seen the authentic ones anywhere besides the order roulette wheel that is MLSGear.

23. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
    Not sure if it's been said before, but WeGotSoccer (formally Gotshalks) in Bridgewater have the older ones, haven't been recently, but I'm pretty sure they do.

24. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great news about the Jersey lettering/customizing. :D

awesome.

25. Argyle

Argyle Member