The Primavera League [R]

Discussion in 'Italy' started by SueB, Oct 31, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Here is the draw and schedule for the quarterfinals onward. I really like that the Primavera league actually has RANDOM draws (note Juve vs Milan in the quarterfinals instead of being kept apart).

June 2
    Inter vs Empoli
    Atalanta vs Bari

June 3
    Juventus vs Milan
    Cagliari vs Roma

June 5
    Inter/Empoli vs Atalanta/Bari

June 6
    Juventus/Milan vs Cagliari/Roma

June 9
    Final match

2. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy

sorry sue, before to start ...Hi, i'm Enzo i'm an italian Guy from Caserta.
    you made a mistake, now i try to correct you:

Primavera (u-20 is right) , during the regular season stage-group Phase they can put in line up a over 20 (in italia is namenated: Fuori quota)!here there're a lots of teams of Lega Calcio and are invitated the Serie C and Serie D Teams too to fill up some group stage (as Southern and Central where there're less southers teams in Lega Calcio ) and this Turnment is Organizzated by Lega Calcio .
    The Berretti Cup is a Trophy organized by Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie C1&C2! it's a parallel turnment to primavera!here there're a lots of team of serie c ( the opposide to primavera champ'ship)!here the Serie A&B teams are invitated and are how you said before 12!the level isn't the same! here is a turnments of second level ( flair and good play) the best u-20 players play in the Primavera. The rest of thread you already told!
    the Allievi Nazionali Category are U-16 not U-18
    and the Allievi Reg.Li are u-15
    the Giovanissimi of teams Professionals are u 14
    Giovanissimi Regionali u-14
    Mini-Giovanissimi o Giovanissimi sperimentali (regionals and local turnment) u-13
    Esordienti u-12 but there are the others category u-11 and 10

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    So my mistake was .... saying Berretti were mainly U-19s? Yes, the Berretti is a parallel U-20 competition mostly for smaller clubs, but what I said was talking about here was in regards to the BIGGER clubs who have both Primavera AND Berretti teams. Although the Berretti championship is run by the Lega Calcio Serie C, teams like Inter, Juve, Milan, etc also participate. What I was trying to say was that for THOSE clubs, the Berretti are mainly U-19s. Sorry for the unclear way I wrote it.

Or was there another mistake?

4. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy

ehehe no! was right about berretti! and that c'ship is called Juniores but, i say that isn't a real c'ship for give the national title...i think that is the Primavera the real National C'ship u-20 (that's all)....and i say more: there's anothe italian juniores ch'ship of same age orghanizated by LND (lega nazionale dilettanti ) , and it's under 20 too and there're the teams of CND (campionato nazionale dilettanti) and some Eccellenza and promozione teams!
    i said that you have made a mistake saying:
    Allievi=18 (instead are u-16 and only the category "allievi nazionali" and they are u-15)
    Giovanissimi=16 (instead they are u-14)

i only wanted to correct you about it.that's all! ;)

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Okay, thanks - wish I'd included my source so I could try to figure out where I went wrong. It could be I used an old page or something. Welcome to the boards, BTW. It's always great when we get posters who actually LIVE in Italy!!!

6. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy
    Ehy sue, perhaps i make a mistake: the Berretti Cup is Under 18 c'ship! i saw the age and their right now, i had some doubtful about it! they are born in 1987, and the Primavera 1985&86!

ehehehe i feel so confused :D

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    You and me both. It is no doubt very hard to keep all of this straight.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    The final phase of the Primavera championship begins tomorrow, with all 7 games of the tournament being televised live on RAI Sport Satellite. Here is the schedule (time are Eastern US):

June 2 - Inter vs Empoli (10:30 am), Atalanta vs Bari (2:30 pm)
    June 3 - Juventus vs Milan (10:30 am), Cagliari vs Roma (2:30 pm)
    June 5 - Winners from June 2 matches (12:30 pm)
    June 6 - Winners from June 3 matches (2:30 pm)
    June 9 - Championship match (2:30 pm)

9. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Are these times eastern time or local italian time.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Eastern US time.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Quarterfinal results:

Inter 1 Empoli 1 (Empoli wins 5-3 on PKs)
    Atalanta 3 Bari 1
    Juventus 2 Milan 0
    Cagliari 0 Roma 2

Semifinals
    Empoli vs Atalanta (Saturday 12:30 pm EDT)
    Juventus vs Roma (Sunday 2:30 pm EDT)

Empoli beating Inter is a big surprise. Not only because Empoli is the only Serie B club (well, not counting Atalanta) to still have a team in the competition, but Inter won their group by 13 points while Empoli finished second to Roma by 9 points. Inter had also been in the last 3 Primavera championship finals.

12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Whoops, mistake on my part. The semifinals are Sunday and Monday. Here is the correct schedule:

Empoli vs Atalanta (Sunday 12:30 pm EDT)
    Juventus vs Roma (Monday 2:30 pm EDT)

Both games will be aired live on RAI Sport Satellite.

13. paulz

paulz New Member

May 20, 2005
    Ok. This match have been played yesterday...
    After the 90th minutes the score was 0-0...
    And Atalanta has won thanks to goal of Madona (what's a name) at the 11 minutes of first extra time.
    Empoli tried to equalize but without any succes...

So the team of Bergamo is the first competitor of final.

The second one wil be determined today in the match of Roma and Juve...

14. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Roma beat Juventus 1-0, so Thursday's final will pit Atalanta vs Roma. Live on RAI sport at 2:30 pm Eastern US time. Roma has won the Primavera championship on 5 occasions, the last time in 1990. Atalanta has won it twice - '93 and '98. Atalanta has also had recent success in the Primavera Coppa Italia, winning that competition 3 teams in the last 6 years. Should be a good contest with Roma slightly favored to win.

15. paulz

paulz New Member

May 20, 2005
    Roma - CAMPIONE D'ITALIA PRIMAVERA 2005!!!

Final

Roma - Atalanta (in Lecce)

2-0

22' - Rosi (1-0)
    90+1' - Okaka Chuka (2-0)

Roma win 6th Championship of Primavera in her history, but first time since 1990.

16. cicciobello

cicciobello New Member

May 25, 2005
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Forza ROMA !!!!!!!!

17. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy
    hey mod, you forgot this:

Berretti League (2nd leg of final Playoff cat. Lega Calcio and LND both ):

FC 1897 Juventus Torino beats FC Internazionale Milan 1908 4-3 ( 1st leg 1-0; 2nd Leg 3-3)

FC Juventus Italian U-18 Champion Cat. Serie A-B and LND of Berretti Cup

Category LN Secie C - berretti cup

Padova vs Napoli soccer 2-0 1st leg....i don't know the second leg resulted. :confused:

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Didn't forget, I was hoping to publish a list of all the winners of the various age-levels when it was all done (and I got around to it) in this thread or perhaps another one. But thanks for the info.

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    By coincidence, I just saw these championship final results that occurred this weekend in some lower age-groups:

Giovanissimi - Atalanta 4 Lazio 2
    Allievi - Atalanta 2 Juventus 0

20. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy
    ya welcome! hey , you're really good!congratz dude! ehehehe and you only live in US, it's kind what you do in this forum! i'm glad that foreighers peoples are addicter about Italian Soccer!;)

where do u live in US, SueB??? :)

21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Thanks for the complimentary words. I live in Vermont, a state in New England. My town is about 4 hrs from Boston, 6 hrs from New York, and 2 hrs from Montreal.

BTW, I never realized before that they actually have separate Berretti champions for the Serie A/B clubs and the Serie C clubs. Only fair, I suppose.

22. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy

and then, it's a tournament very particular! i always supposed that isn't a truely Italian Championship, coz inside it , there're less big society of Serie A and B! if you see better, there're only 12 teams by Lega Calcio! the real Champioships are : Primavera,Allievi Nazionali,Giovanissimi Professionals.
    The Berretti's Story is really nice and complicated! before ( about second 60s and 70s ,the tournments there were only for Seie C and Serie D (oldies divisions) Clubs. During the 80s the tournament changed. it could take part in Lega Calcio's Teams (serie A and B), and then the championship had a regular season of a groups-stage single, both Serie A-B 's teams and Serie C's teams, and a 2 differents play-off for the two categories (serie A&B and serie C), with 2 shields!...at the ends of 90s, became an only tournament (same regular season and same play-off)....untill this year... this year was back to past ( single tournment with stage groups zone of lega calcio and secie C and LND teams and 2 different play off for 2 differents categories shield!

ps: i'm sorry for my English!:)