The Other Teams Thread | "Muchos millones y pocos cojones"-A MasterCard Ad gone wrong

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Carry on.

2. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Re: "Muchos millones y pocos cojones"-A MasterCard Ad gone wrong: The Other Teams Thread

Best thread title ever :D

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: "Muchos millones y pocos cojones"-A MasterCard Ad gone wrong: The Other Teams Thread

It was Viscaelbarca's idea. ;)

4. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mourinho almost always plays a double pivot 4-3-3 with wingers who have a lot of defensive responsibility and aren't supposed to cut inside (that's why Eto'o was basically sacrificed out on the wing for a lot of this year). It will be interesting to see what he does with Madrid's lineup.

While it should be

--------- Alonso ------------- Diarra
    ------------------- Kaká
    Ronaldo --------- Higuaín ---------- Marcelo

I think Ronaldo demands too much freedom to play that role in the Mourinho system. So I think either Higuaín or Kaká is going to see a lot of the bench, unless Ronaldo is willing to become a team player. Also, unless Mourinho does a 180 on tactics, he's probably going to want to bench the stars a lot in favor of role players. Will be interesting to see if he gets whistled and how he responds if he does.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

http://www.football-italia.net/may23r.html

dont understand why moratti didnt see Mou leaving if they won the treble.

6. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009

That was the Alcorcon chant, no?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWqo1FTHei4&feature=related"]YouTube- Alcorcón vs Real Madrid 4-0 Lo Que no se vio & Guti y su Peineta!!![/ame]

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

I just hope Mourinho enjoys second place in the league and going out in the round of 16 CL.
    Will he get fired after that? :D

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  9. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

This is some fifa 10 stuff right here, AC Arles have been promoted 4times in a row and are now in the Ligue 1(france) lmao(i think that means they would have been 4th or 5th division). Their stadium only holds 7000 people.
    Hahah I know who i am rooting for next season in france!

Insane imo.

1 person likes this.
  10. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

Wow. Very cool story!

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Congratulations to Diego Milito, in the past 2 weeks he scored the winner in the Copa Italia, scored the winner against Sienna in the game that clinched the title and scored twice in the CL final. He also scored against Barca and Chelsea in the CL. That is one hell of a record, nice to see someone who has scored goals all his career but mainly for clubs who were never challenging for trophies, get the opportunity to di it for a club that is.

Ironic to think that Barca provided the funds to Inter to buy him along with Sneijder. :rolleyes:

12. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They actually bought Milito and Motta right at the beginning of the transfer season, way before the Ibra deal.

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Fair enough mate, but I'm sure they were grateful for ETO and the 40 million euros. :D

14. Barca_Tactics

Barca_Tactics New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    amsterdam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

all the teams that beat Barcelona this season eventually won trophies. For example, Sevilla won the Spanish Copa del Rey after knocking-out Barcelona in the last 16 of the competition. Inter Milan, moreover, won the Champions League title after knocking-out Barcelona as well in the semi-finals.

In another cases as well, Rubin Kazan, the team that beat Barcelona in the Champions League group stage won the Russian League, while Atletico Madrid, the only team who was able to beat Barcelona in La Liga, also picked up a trophy by winning the Europa League competition.

It could as well be summed up as a fact of the day: To win a trophy, beat FC Barcelona!

15. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Here's the thing, its not like Inter were stone cold broke before we "gave" them 40 million euros.....they are one of the richest (if not THE richest) teams in Serie A. The money may have helped but whoever thought of buying the players they did with the money deserves the credit. They could have spent the 40 million euros on Robinho for instance, and ended up with a nutcase.

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Old but relevant these days:eek:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I88VYnpJUR0"]YouTube- Mourinho "Hoy, mañana y siempre con el Barça en el corazon"[/ame]

:D

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

DiMaria and Aguero both scored golazos today for Argentina. DiMaria undoubtebly will be a star this WC.

Maradona used a different line-up which was brilliant. Finally the team is looking better.

18. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

I mean it was Canada, but I did see the 'love' that Diego is trying to bring with the role players and fewer star players.

Its a good game from the Morale stand point, the players can feel good and get into sync together.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Ohh yeah I know it was just Canada but it was a good match to change things up a bit and experiment and it worked. Jonas who's usually a winger as RB and Maxi as the RW was excellent. Jonas was like Alves constantly pushing forward and attacking plus running back to defend. He was great. That's one of the main things I want the team to do, have attacking fullbacks.

Plus he played Pastore from the start who generally plays as a more advanced playmaker instead of Veron who playes deeper.

And the team played a combination of possession footy and counterattacking footy. Diego experimented a lot and changed his tactics a bit from what we were used to seeing recently. I would have loved to see Messi with Maxi and Jonas both bombarding down the right.

20. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

He has become one of my favorite players in the Serie A, the way he forced that FK for Maxi's goal. :eek: He is stall and does not look that skillful, alot like Javi Martinez, but the kid can move, and he has to back flicks he does so well. A really good playmaker in the making for the you guys.

21. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Win or fail, that clash of egos is going to be immensely entertaining. I wanted Pelle to stay, but I like that we got Mourinho if only so someone can reel in Ronaldo's ridiculous antics.

22. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Rumor has it we've signed Di Maria for 40ME.

He's good, but I wouldn't pay half of that for him.

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Yeah. I would almost start him ahead of Veron in the WC. He's young and inexperienced but he fits better with the other players that Diego wants to start.

That's the price of his buy out clause. I'd say right now he's worth around 30m. After the WC he might be even worth more than 40. I've been saying it for a while and anyone who's watched him play for Argentina knows that he will be one of the team's main stars. He's just a natural fit on the LW.

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005

You wouldn't pay half that? You're saying one of Argentina's main stars isn't worth at least 20ME? Come on now... If Man. U. go off an buy Nani and Anderson for absurd amounts when they barely passed puberty, then I'm not sure how Di Maria isn't worth more when he's already an indisputable starter on Argentina.

25. Barca_Tactics

Barca_Tactics New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    amsterdam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I was really impressed with Di Maria , he only needs to improve with his game vision