The OneTerry Hurlock Lineup Prediction and Grade thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by OneTerryHurlock, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree with this as well. Last year we went to this almost exclusively during some stretches. Why is a mystery as we had the potential to get De-Ro over the ball.

Also, has Stu fallen out of favor on the set pieces? I thought he was showing some form last season when called on for those. Also, I thought his corners during the Olympics were spot on.

2. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    Davis is now Dom's pet he gets what he wants.

our free kicks from 35 to 40 out are a complete joke, greta work on the training ground DK what do you do get Bd over the ball tell him if every one in the box is marked to play it short to mulrooney then let him take on the defender?

absolute classic

what about trying to hit something over the first defender dropping between the penalty spot and the six, make the Gk and defenders have to make a decision?

too difficult eh?

i'm really pissed off the more i think about it

3. song2boy

song2boy New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I was at the game, besides Davis giving awful free kicks, did it seem like he was killing the offense with bad distribution from the middle of the field, especially in the first half. We need a center mid. I think mullan should be replaced by stu, davis should stay on left...but no solutions for the center =\.....and does anyone else not like watching kamara play? he bugs the crap out of me...would personally rather see wondo in there trying to keep his starting position than kamaras awful shots

4. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't disagree more about Kamara. He has flaws to be sure but I think he does a lot more good than bad.

5. skajules

skajules Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I'd like to see Sunday:

------Ching--------Kamara-------
    Ashe--------Holden--------Mullan
    -------------Rico---------------
    Barrett--Hainault--Boswell--Mulrooney
    -------------Onstad------------

bench: Davis, Cameron, Akinbiyi, Wondolinho, James, Waibel, Hall

It's tough to leave a player of Davis's quality on the bench, but the midfield just is not clicking and I'd like to see how this group works. Hainault is being paid a starter's salary, and he's trained with us enough, so get him out there. Akinbiyi can come on in the second half for whichever striker is running out of gas. Cameron is also on the bench, but this way he can be plugged in anywhere as an injury replacement, halftime adjustment, or for anyone having a poor game.

Don't really want to have Barrett out there either, but Chabala is suspended and James has not impressed, so we have no choice.

6. dfessler

dfessler New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    What I'd like to see Sunday:

--------Ching--------Kamara-------
    Davis--------Cameron--------Holden
    -----------------Rico---------------
    Barrett--Hainault--Boswell--Mullan
    -------------Onstad------------

7. skajules

skajules Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    v cRapids

Onstad - 10 - wasn't called upon often, but came up HUGE when he was
    Mulrooney - 6 - solid defensive performance, set pieces weren't bad, but didn't offer much offensively
    Boswell - 9 - not sure what more we could ask of him
    Cameron - 3 - like his runs, but if Onstad didn't make those saves, he would have been to blame for dropping two points at home
    Barrett - 4 - OK defensively, but some of his touches and passes were horrific
    Rico Clark - 9 - nice job breaking up the Colorado attack
    Davis - 4 - helps when he stays wide, but when he starts pinching too much, we get into trouble
    Holden - 5 - not the most productive game, but not a bad one either
    Mullan - 5 - great workrate but didn't seem to get a lot of touches
    Ching - 7 - nice header but had chances for a second and didn't convert
    Kamara - 4 - seemed to not be on the same page with Holden and Ching much of the game

8. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Cameron is one of 4 players to make a mistake that leads to a penalty and Boswell is too...but Boswell gets a 9 and Cameron a 3? Yeah, Cameron fouled the guy but Boswell wasn't exactly blameless in that play.

As for Barrett, I don't recall him making any error defensively. Surely, that's worthy of at least a 6 even if you think his play in the attacking half was horrid. I'd say you are being much to harsh on Cameron and Barrett.

9. mdynamo

mdynamo New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Yes, totally agree that Cameron deserves a much better score as he played an excellent offensive and defensive game. His runs forward really opened up the defense, and he played quite well in the center as he and Boswell contolled their tough players. Barrett not only played well defensively, including the block in the last minute of Cooks well shot ball, but he contributed to the goal as the left sided defended was required to cover Barrett on the overlapping run, freeing Davis to deliver that well placed cross for Ching to head in the goal. I am afraid that earlier conclusions based on prejudice and attitude will not allow some posters to objectively evaluate certain players no matter how well they perform.

10. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Cameron's score is way off.

11. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    Soory chaps been away for a couple of weeks so missed our last 2 gamesAnyway last night whilst not our most complete performance gave us IMHO our best back 4 in a long time

Greta dispaly defensively we jsut need to create more (and finish more BC) our chances

Ratings

Onstad 7
    Hianult 8
    Cameron 8
    Boswell 8
    Mul;rooney 7

Holden 8
    Rico 8
    Mullen 7
    Davis 6

Ching 4
    kamara 7

Come on you Orange

12. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    Ok chaps great performance on saturday night, as usual feel dom could hvae given the youngsters a run out (maybe tally hall for the last 10 mins) but thats kinda disrespectful to the TFC boys.

Back 4 were first class

3 of the 4 midfielders same

chingger and KK great

Here goes with the ratings

PO 8 couple of decent sves tonight and made it look really easy

AH 8 glad we hung in there for so long to get this guy, Wb sorry now the backup
    GC 8 did not put a foot wrong all night
    BB See Above

SH 8 training ground goal stu just oozes class
    BD 9 beem critcal of BD but playing as well now as ever has. probably helps that he is 100% fit as well.
    RC 8 cleaned up everything in midfield again statred the seson in a bit of a slump but playing really well now
    CA 5 OTP

BC 7 decent game from chingger missed that sitter in the 2nd half
    KK 8 just storng and fast he will do ok with AA up top as well

AA 7 time to shine now my man with BC gone
    CW 6 looked a bit lost at right mid

DK 7 well managed game apart from the usual late substitutions

13. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    One Terry,

I agree with you mostly except for Corey, who despite having to play on the right side (given that he is a natural leftie) got loose several times and caused problems on the right flank (against Toronto's best defensive side with Brennan).

He also worked well with Waibel that generated some quality crosses including Ching's sitter, and also earned the free kick at the very top of the box that turned into a goal. All this and tracked back well on defense.

I say a '5' is too harsh sir, you disrespect the man. At least a '6.5'.

14. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad Davis is rated way too low.

15. mdynamo

mdynamo New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Hard to argue the plater ratings against a team that apparently was looking forward to their next match with an A League team. That said, in earlier matches some of our shots hit the post and went out, or well taken direct kicks hit someone in the wall. The concern is that we did not score more in the run of play. Sure, let us celebrate our move up the table, but we need to develop a fluidity to develop chances and to score in the event that the ball does not bounce right on set plays.

16. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Craig Waibel not deserve a rating or is it because you can't rate God?

17. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He did.

18. skajules

skajules Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Wondolinho and Craig Waibel have the same initials, but only one of them was used as a substitute at right midfield.

19. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know :)

20. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    my bad chaps

CW (god) was an 8

so glad we won because DK would have been really pissed at the "bald is beautiful promotion to benefit Texas children's

Cw was out early to get his shave and he did his dad too

MC had already done his and BD came over and gacve a check to Doctor Thompson.

I telling you guys we don't know how lucky we are with this group of players, they are all first class citizens, doing what they do is phenominal and no camera's around either, its from the heart

OTH

21. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    Well done to the men in orange beating the whining cheating unsportamanlike goats.

Ratings

PO 8 nothing to do all game then produces a world class save to keep us in front

AH 9 just superb you cannot get behind this guy
    GC 10 Absolute class us national team player to be
    BB 8 did not put a foot wrong all night
    God 7 did not have to do too much defensively and distribution was not great

SH 10 Absolute class us national team player to be (dero who)?
    BD 5 poor tonight, gave us no outlet on the left by continually pinching in and as for bitching at Gc and AH you can stop that shit right now;senior player act like one
    BM 7 ok night couple of good runs but ran into defenders once too often last night
    RM 8 great clean up work all night the unsung hero of the game

KK 7 worked hard nearly had himself a goal out of nothing
    CW 7 greta flick for the goal, first touch is suspect, short on pace, poor mans NJ

GO ORANGE

22. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    chaps, i'm happy to post this in the post game thread

any thoughts on grades

23. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No sub grades? Agree with your grades.

AA 5 Lost possession several times and didn't connect with the timing from passes that teammates were giving him.
    DO 6 Did Ok, but having AA next to him didn't help matters.
    CA N/A not enough time to really rate him

24. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AA 4 - does he have cement for legs, every first touch bounces off him like a brick wall
    DO 5 - had equally bad first touch as AA but at least made a few exciting runs that looked promising.

I wanna like AA but he is giving me nothing to work with :(

25. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    FYI his nickname in england is "Ade badbuy"