The Official US Impressive Little Kid Video Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by SUDano, Aug 19, 2011.

1. 3SamSoccer

3SamSoccer New Member

May 15, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGSEVx6D3A"]Samuel Elwood pt2 (12years old) - YouTube[/ame]
    Samuel Elwood u12

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Is 3SamSoccer and Samuel Elwood one in the same? Are you cheating Sam?
    I liked part 1 so I posted it too. Where is he from or rather where are you from. (Am I having an Internet conversation with a 12 yr old). I like his soccer athleticism which is different that the other American Sports. He has an easy running style where he can move and change direction easily in a smooth continuous flow for dribbling.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxm0k1O1T8&feature=fvwrel"]Samuel Elwood pt1 (12 years old) - YouTube[/ame]

3. 3SamSoccer

3SamSoccer New Member

May 15, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    3SamSoccer and Samuel are one in the same. He is from NorCal and plays for the Kaos Raiders D3. This video is from u12.

4. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
  5. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The future Koby of a new generation? I broke my own rule of posting a kid in a onesy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6kbqKd1-H8"]Kobby -American Messi? - YouTube[/ame]

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    More Info on who Koby is. Does his father Ferdie's soccer magic program have a bigger role in US Soccer waiting for him? There is 3 things that will make the US better as a soccer playing nation......... Ball skills, Ball skills, and Ball skills.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01mDs14nl0"]ferdie's soccer magic - YouTube[/ame]

7. 3SamSoccer

3SamSoccer New Member

May 15, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Samuel Elwood 12yrs
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5KiGE-mOug"]Samuel Elwood {LIfe with Goals) - YouTube[/ame]

8. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    ?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItXDz9hMBg"]Bryce Blevins (My Lionel Messi + Cristiano Ronaldo) Fall 2011 - 9 Years Old [/ame]

9. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the US Impressive Little Kid Video Producers Guild requires "American Messi" be inserted in the title somehow.

10. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
  11. scarfacegirl

scarfacegirl New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Impressive to say the least. However, I hope all this media attention won't put too much pressure on these young kids. It didn't go well for Freddy

12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Media attention? Big Soccer is now media? Their parents posted their videos on Youtube! Come on people use your noodle. Big Soccer YNT Little Kid Video Thread gets only thousands of hits about the same # of people who see these kids live throughout the season. Do we want the kids playing in front of no one while in bubble wrap? Can't bruise the ego of a little kid by letting anyone comment on their good play. Huh? To compare Freddy Adu with this thread is like comparing anyone you don't like to Hitler.

13. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Media hype is what makes the next Lebron or Bryce Harper :rolleyes:

14. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if a video exist yet, but last night at the Union game the U-10 Academy team played at halftime. I am hoping that YSC (the academy) will post to YouTube. The skill level from from 6-8 of these kids was comparable to some of these videos posted here. Alecko Eskandarian and Jim Curtain are involved with this academy. The future looks bright. Someone tweeted last night to watch out in 2025!

15. hnm3

hnm3 New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    the kids he's playing are woeful. and he holds on to the ball and messes around with it too much. unimpressed.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You can tell if kids are good by watching 5 second snippets of them playing defense, because I can't. One's man's ball messing is another man's ball skills. Are you impressed with any of the ball skills shown in these videos or are they all just messing around with the ball too much?

17. 3SamSoccer

3SamSoccer New Member

May 15, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ??? Your paragraph is confusing. Did you mean to say "missing" instead of "messing". Please point out which video you are talking about. You should be able to tell if a kid has skill whether he is moving the ball around a fire hydrant, cone or a even a poor player if you know what you are looking for. Some of the folks commenting on this thread are being a little to critical of very young kids. The video that I posted is from travelling competative soccer...

18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I agree with you, that's why I responded to hmn's harsh response to D.Etienne's video.

19. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  20. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Minnesota Thunder's doing some good stuff. Omar Bakri U10. Nice stuff.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwuYYdX1sTM"]10 Year Old Wonder - Messi Someday - YouTube[/ame]

21. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All hes saying is that JUST having ball skills is as bad as having no ball skill. Ball skill is about 10% of the game when done just to be done, but 90% when the move serves a greater purpose, like setting up a goal by opening up space with a move.

Also, making the U14 YNT is not even an accomplishment. The vast majority of talent wont make it to the team because they wont join an MLS academy system and get the necessary exposure until the following year. It's like taking the best of the people that live within 15 miles of Galaxy or NYRB, the two clubs that spend the most on pre academy programs. For example, in Chicago, the U16 and U18 teams are free, but younger than that and the system is still pay to play. Therefore, the best kids stay with thier much cheaper pay to play clubs until they are old enough to play for free.

22. ARSENAL#1

ARSENAL#1 Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. ARSENAL#1

ARSENAL#1 Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This kids have skills, some of them seem like they already been recognized and being placed in proper soccer environment to develop further, wish them the best and hope they realize thier dream of someday being at the next level. Im the parent of a skilled player and realize how difficult it is to get your child seen by the right people in the USA.. Good luck and stay passionate about the game ......

3SamSoccer repped this.
  24. 3SamSoccer

3SamSoccer New Member

May 15, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Another video. Lets keep em going....

25. 3SamSoccer

3SamSoccer New Member

May 15, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona