The Official Song Chong Guk: Revival Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by YCashMoney42, Dec 14, 2005.

1. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    [​IMG]

Name : 송종국 Song Chong Guk

DOB : 1979. 2. 20

Height: 178cm, Weight: 75kg

Position: Midfield / Defense

Teams: Youn-Sei University
    Busan Icons
    Feyenoord Rotterdam 02-04
    Suwon SamSung

2. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Very strong and smart player
    It hurts me to see him down with so many injuries, probabaly best performer out of PJS, LYP when they first got to Netherlands... He adjusted fast and performed very well, injuries and change of coaching staff pulled him back and now with divorce and long lasting injury he has lost lot of playing time.

I think if Song wasnt injured he would have surpassed Park JS. Song shows great potential and I hope to see him play on NT very soon

btw I heard when they had draw in Germany for world cup, Hiddink supposely asked Jung Mong Joon about Song, interesting huh?

3. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Interesting :)

4. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    Ahh yes Song Chong Gug.
    The 2nd most hated man in Italy. haha

5. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I really hope he won't be the Ko Jong Su case where an injury plagues him and at the same time he is tied down by his personal issues... he was probably highly regarded more than anyone else directly after 2002. His time in Feynoord was great and it's really too bad it couldn't work out for him.

With solid Cho Won Hee (and perhaps Cha???) on the right wingback, we may be able to do without him for WC 2006 but I'd really really rather see him back by then of course. Best of luck to him!

6. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    in my honest opinion Song Chong Guk is a better player than Park Ji Sung, Song is so strong with the ball, he knows very well how to protect the ball with his body and very smart. He could also be a force in offense as a midfield and also lay back and play tough defense on whoever

Amazing talent, hope it doesnt go to waste

7. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    agree with you about amazing talent, but better than PJS, dunno

8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think talent wise, Song Jong-Guk and even Lee Young-Pyo is much more gifted than Park Ji-Sung. Park Ji-Sung was developed extremely well, that's why he's considered to be the better player right now. I personally don't believe Park Ji-Sung is the most gifted Korean player but the best Korean player atm.

Song Jong-Guk has so much talent and it's really sad when a player with unlimited potential and talent gets injured like this. Let's Hope he regains his form the way Lee Chun-Soo got it. Because it would be sad if Song can't even dominate in the K-League when he showed signs of brilliance in Feyenoord.

9. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Song was definitely the hottest prospect after 02. Although Hong MB won the Bronze Ball award, I felt that Song was our most consistent player throughout the tournament. Of course he was the only one who played every single minute in our team.

When he left for Feyenoord, I thought he was going to be our most successful player in Europe but unfortunate incidents like injuries, personal problems (like his divorce), playing out of position and lack of communication brought him down. Too bad since while both Park and Lee had Hiddink to take care of them, Song had no one to turn to. I partially put the blame on him directly since Gullit was disappointed that Song didn't try hard to learn Dutch and English to communicate properly with his coaches and teammates.

I'm hoping for his revival. As much as I pull for Jo Won-hee, I don't think he can match Song's performance from 02. Song still has the talent to succeed. I just hope his heart is in the right place.

송종국 화이팅!!!!!!!

10. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    wish song chong gug recovers...maybe the divorce was too big for him...

11. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    what was song's injury anyway?

12. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    he got divorced??..wow that must be devastating, especially being a "strong christian". i could see why his heart wouldn't be in the right place at the moment when it comes to soccer..hopefully he'll continue to have strong faith, and use that on the pitch and get stronger mentally.

13. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004

Pretty old news but Hiddink also emailed Song :)
    http://news.media.daum.net/edition/sports/200511/20/sportskhan/v10851216.html

I really hope he recovers from everything. I didn't even know he got divorced. Must be really hard...

14. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

yeah..
    he was an awesome soccer player in 2002

15. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul