The official site

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by claret50, Dec 3, 2004.

1. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Every time I go into the official site at http://www.whufc.com/ it comes up with "you are not authorised to view this site" does anyone else have this problem? :confused:

2. Revs-West

Revs-West Member

Mar 24, 2004
    That's weird. The link you gave doesn't work, but the one in my favorites file is fine. linky

3. westhamfan

westhamfan New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Cambridge UK
    looks like you need to add index.asp for some reason ? www.whufc.com/index.asp
    but I'm no techie wiz mind, I was just curious.
    I got lucky today, received the WHU newsletter by e-mail this morning, nearly signed up for "hammers on", came home tonight & found it's been disconnected, Now I'll have to buy a couple of beers with the £7.50.

4. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers lads, Iv'e got it back now,
    UP THE HAMMERS!!!!

5. west_ham

west_ham Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Peterlee, Co. Durham
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Just to add a bit of "techie"-ness to this post.

When you type in a domain name e.g. http://www.whufc.com your browser looks for any of the following files to use as the home page:

index.asp
    index.htm
    default.htm

(there may be others such as .html files too). Only one of these should exist in the web sites root directory, otherwise you browser may get confused and have to choose one of them.

This is why when you type in a web address sometimes when it loads you find the /index.asp (or whatever) has been appended to the address.

Not quite sure what has happened to your PC claret but the link you posted works OK for me. I can only guess that your browser is struggling with the procedure above. But as westhamfan suggested adding the /index.asp on yourself is an effective work around.

6. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Maybe its an overseas thing as mines the same as clarets. I thought it was because i called Brown a thief and an rsol.

see Brian i'm not the only computer genius here.

Thanks guys.