The Official Sacramento Kings 2011-12 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Bosnian Diamond, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    [​IMG]

OK, well we're not sure yet if a season will take place in the NBA, but just in case it does, I wanted to start this thread. Are there any Kings fans here, other than me?

Preseson 2011/12

Anyways, the preseason schedule has been unveiled, so here it is (bold=home, all times are pacific):

DATEOPPONENTARENA (CITY)TIPOFF
    Tuesday, October 11 | San Antonio | Power Balace Pavilion (Sacramento, CA) | 7:00 p.m.

- - - - -

Friday, October 14 | @ Dallas | American Airlines Center (Dallas, TX) | 5:30 p.m.

- - - - -

Saturday, October 15 | @ San Antonio | AT&T Center (San Antonio, TX) | 5:30 p.m.

- - - - -

Wednesday, October 19 | Golden State | Power Balace Pavilion (Sacramento, CA) | 7:00 p.m.

- - - - -

Friday, October 21 | @ LA Lakers | Thomas and Mack Center (Las Vegas, NV) | 7:00 p.m.

- - - - -

Saturday, October 22 | LA Clippers | Power Balance Pavilion (Sacramento, CA) | 7:00 p.m.

- - - - -

Tuesday, October 25 | Portland |Matthew Night Arena (Eugene, OR) | TBD

Prediction From Me

I hope the season will hapen, and we can watch a nice, young Kings team grow. I hope Westphal can keep a consistent lineup, because last year, he switched at least a player or two every game. I think this is the year Cousins takes off, along with Evans. Jimmer is a great player to have come off the bench (most likely he will). I think this year, we can get around 25 wins this year and get a fall in the lottery yet again. Here we go for a new season... :cool:

2. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  3. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  4. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  5. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holy Toledo! Another Kings fan. That makes 3 on this forum.

I happen to be a die-hard fan. Love this team so much. :)

This year I'm feeling a bit optimistic. Not delusional playoff hopeful but certainly 30+ wins are within our reach.

Like you said there needs to be some consistency with the rotations. Westphal had me pulling my hair out all season. :p

Big Cuz is set to make big strides and I hope Reke can get back to his ROY form. A Jimmer-Thornton 1,2 punch looks quite lethal. Though I wasn't thrilled with Salmons being back he should bring some stability at the 3.

6. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm definitely hopeful for that too, being a die-hard like you :D, but I say 25-30 range is reasonable. As for Reke, if he can get back to his ROY form (and that's a if he can), I think he can be a great leader for the team for years to come. Jimmer and Cousins will obviously help him along the way and maybe in 2-3 years we can be in the play-off hunt. We also have young talent (although not as big as our big trio) like JT (Jason Thonpson for those who don't know) and Hassan Whiteside. Our rebounding (as shown last year) is a big strength, along with our pick and rolls (which once again includes the big guys). I'm glad we have a plethora of big men talent, alway useful in the NBA. As for the trades, I wish we didn't pick up Salmons, he's such a nuisance in the locker room and on the court, he' can be a ball hog. With all that being said, I just hope for the best this year...

7. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  8. Street_Soccer

Street_Soccer New Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I think the Kings picked Jimmer a bit too early in the draft. While he does have potential, I think he is highly overrated.

9. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So, far we're 1-2 with a farily tough schedule. We have a win versus the lakers (on opening night) and a loss to the Trail Blazers and the Buls. So far, even with the losses, I've liked what I have seen from the team. Jimmer has been great, he's provided a spark off the bench for us. Tyreke is back to his ROY ways, meancwhilee, Thornton has been flat-out scoring which is his role for us. Demarcus Cousins has been great in the paint and has been rebounding well. We've seen some depth on the team, and it's always good to know you can rest your stars and continue playing good. One flaw has really stood out though: FREE THROWS. Yes, we've been terrible at free throws. In our ten point loss to the Bulls yesterday, we missed more than ten free throws. Also, we could have used some more preseason games for the players to get a better feel for each other, especially with this being a young and new team. But no excuses, every other team had two preason games only. Up next, the (struggling) New York Knicks on New Year's Eve at 5 p.m. Should be a dandy of a mmatch. :D ;)

10. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We are a team full of Dwight Howards when it comes to FTs. Absolutely disgraceful. But other than that I agree with your sentiments.
    Salmons has been a pleasant surprise. I was very sour when they traded away my favorite player, Udrih, but so far he's been quite solid.

11. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah, Salmons has been very helpful on the offensive end so far. I also liked Udrih, do yo know how he's doing in Milwauke? Always underrated by NBA anlysts, fans, etc... Anyways, Can't wait for the game today! :D

12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Man that's liking pain, to be a Kings fan. Good luck with that.

13. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah its torture. I became a fan after the glory days team broke up so I've yet to witness a winning season. Just bad, worse, and terrible. In spite of it all, I still love this team.

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/12/27/2661996/sportscaster-moments-5-1

That quote sums up our fanbase quite well.

14. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Paul Westphal has been fired.

15. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Smart move.

16. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Kings playing the L.A. Clippers right now. Jimmer, Demarcus, and Thornton have all played well today. Kings are 12-22 on the year, and with a win here, we'd have a three-game winning streak... Down by seven as of now, but the referees have definitely made some questionable calls.....

17. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The officiating was atrocious but what else is new...*sigh*

No a whole lot of positives other than Jimmer is showing signs of being a competent offensive player. On D its borderline awful to put it nicely.