The Official Roman vs Martin Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Apr 15, 2010.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The fight between these two Boca idols is just starting to hit the streets after years locked in the dressing rooms. Palermo's 219th goal was shadowed by the public display of their unfriendly relation.

Some assure that the 12, clearly behind Palermo, paid a visit last weekend to the club, and pressured Roman to pass the ball to Martin. During the game, Roman not only did this, but left Martin with the easiest tap in. Then Roman went to his public, the palcos fans ... he didn't really care of the 219th goal.

Since then, in 48 hours, the can of worms has been opened. Marcelo "Chelo" Delgado, good friends with Roman, came out to defend Roman ... attacked by some media outlets and clearly with a negativity campaign against him.

For the Boca fan, this interview is priceless. In a few minutes we learned that the story of the Real Madrid game was all backwards. It wasn't that Roman didn't want Guille to play ... it was Martin who asked Bianchi for Guille instead of Delgado (with whom he had been playing the last 6 months while Guille was a sub). While this interview was being aired live, Palermo was giving his press conference. Within seconds of Chelo's accusation of Martin, reporters inside the press conference learned of it and confronted Martin.

Martin, unconfortably, acknowledged it ... but there was more. That Guille and Martin gave the thumbs down on Chino Benitez after being benched at the QF1 game at Chivas that Boca lost 4 nil.

Listen to the interview in its entirety ... 33 minutes of Boca's internal affairs disclosed:

http://vipfootball.podomatic.com/entry/2010-04-15T00_55_54-07_00

And this is just beginning ...

2. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: The Official Roman vs Martin Thread

I obviously have no idea what went on, nor am I a fan of either one, but Riquelmes' celebration on the 219th gol looks completely classless. Even if you hate the guy, it is a historical and important moment in futbol. Stop acting like a little girl and at the very least acknowledge your teammate. What makes it look worse is that Palermo was looking for Riquelme in the celebration to thank him for the pass but he looked lost, confused and hurt all at once. Riquelme comes out looking petty, jealous and arrogant and classless. A shame really, even boca deserves a little better.

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Roman, Roman, Roman.... I don't know if he has balls of steel going up against the futbol mafia or if he's a cunning mofo'er that just doesn't give a fcuk. Either way, he's always the center of controversy and its never positive.

Good luck Roman, I wish you the best.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

To me all that is a bunch of pelotudeces that keep the media busy. So Roman and Martin don't get along, who the ******** cares? That happens in every job, in every business, in every line of work. People don't like each other but they have to work together nonetheless, so they manage to put up with each other, and occasionally sparks fly. What is new?

Obviously Boca was able to win titles and combine to score a lot of goals over the years and had its best era in history, thanks to a large extent to these two players, in spite of their lack of love for each other. So, I don't think we can blame Boca's situation on that, now that the team is rebuilding and playing poorly.

I think both Roman and Martin are great players, I enjoy their play every match, and they are not the reason why Boca sucks right now. Yeah, I get that Roman must be a difficult man to get along with personally, and he can be a dick, but I don't really give a ********. He delivers on the field, and as a fan that is what I care about.

As a fan, I enjoyed Martin's record goal, which like the Superclasico win was a breath of fresh air during a very difficult season. It's a great record, that was untouched since the amateur era, and that is what the media should be highlighting, instead of going on and on dwelling on the personal differences between two great players.

I'd like to hear more about Cherro, how did he play, how does he compare to Martin, how different was the game when he scored his goals compared to today's game? Things like that. That's what I'd like to read in places like Ole and Cancha Llena. Instead, we get Roman did this and Martin said that and Chelo said this and Gille thinks that, what a bunch of shit!

5. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

That's all well and dandy but the problem is that, right now, Palermo and Roman are the two biggest idolos Boca has. On the one hand you have the newly crowned all time leading top goleador and on the other you have the best and most successfull 10 the club has had since Diego. Both have an ENORMOUS amount of influence on and off the field. It's a bit different then having two subs that can't really stand each other.

Also this phrase on ole, really got to me...
    Una persona cercana al 10 dijo: "Jugadores, dirigentes y periodistas deberían rezar para que no salga a hablar. Porque si dice todo lo que sabe, los liquida".

Jesus Christ....

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This morning it was reported that Mouche caught Riquelme texting his girlfriend. Mouche lost his head and went to the dirigentes.

El Mundo Boca is crumbling before our eyes. I really hope that they can come together and work things out (Martin & Riquelme).

Also Veron added his two cents by publically stating the Martin should come to Estudiantes to finish his career. That they would welcome him with open arms.

I'm about to eat and I'm watching my daily overloaded dose of soccer. Ill keep you guys informed as I find out anymore.

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

This cant be true? :eek:

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

It isn't.

Is part of the campaign to get Roman out of Boca. Starting with Macri and his "dirigentes" and continuing with Palermo ... and by default Guille.

La Red (Mariano Closs and team) is also hammering to have Roman out.

I will expand what I know and think later ... watching the Real Madrid game atm.

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Really? Interesting. Do you really think that they are mandando tanta fruta to get rid of Riquelme? Supposedly he's going to get renewed at the same wage rate. Although when I heard this I was like mmmmm, really that's quite expensive considering the current financial situation.

Let's wait and see. I've yet to hear anything, then again I probably don't know where to listen.

10. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

team roman. Siempre !

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't get what was the need of Delgado to come out like this now. Now Boca can no longer enjoy their wiping over Arsenal, because the conflict takes all the attention, even when they win Boca can't get a couple of days of relax... He just threw salt on the wound.

Then again, a lot of what he said was always rumoured about, he made it official, at the wrong time in my opinion...

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Roman talks about Martin's record goal, his celebration, Mouche's girlfriend, the situation at Boca, and his future:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2010/04/16/futbollocal/02182185.html

Ahora que se dejen de hinchar las pelotas. Hay que bancarlo a Roman, es un grande de Boca Juniors. Yo banco a Roman y a Martin.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

In a way I feel something like this finally needed to happen. Both are tremendous idols for the club and any time you put that kind of star power together you have the potential for this crap to boil over. Considering Ameal sat down with both players to work out a solution I feel good that better times are ahead.

14. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Any truth to Roman congratulating Martin in private (as in the dressing room), that seems to be the rumour now.

Also why does Macri act like such a prick all the time? For a guy who used a player to strengthen his own political agenda you'd think he'd be a little more grateful...

15. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm a little disappointed in Palermo. If the rumors about Riquelme congratulating Palermo in the dressing room are right, they came from Ibarra's mouth, then Martin was being slightly disingenuous.

What's the deal with that? Would then lend credence to the rumor that there is in fact a ploy to get rid of Roman?

How about the news story about Riquelme returning to La Seleccion? Before i left Argentina yesterday, it was front page news.

16. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Who can really know what's what? One thing is for sure...the whole story is way past tired by now. So much drama amounting to nothing.

Why does this saga continue? Even though I'm a big supporter of Roman on the team, I have come to terms many times over that he won't be a part of the team. At this point, I don't even want him to be there anymore. You know that if he was ever stupid enough to come back now and the team fails, who a large portion of people would put 100% of the blame on. If it was me, I wouldn't think it would be worth it.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ask for a refund and a beat up for the writer...

18. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As much as I would love Argentina to win the cup, with Maradona at the helm - it isn't happening. Just like Siempre_Albiceleste wrote, if Riquelme was there and they failed, the blame would be on him.

19. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

palermo > tristelme

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'd take that article with a grain of salt. Sounds like bullshit personally.

I love Palermo but on his best day he'll never be the player Roman is.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Locooo, how have you been, I just got back from the Land of Wine. Everytime I would passby Norton or Finca Flinchmann I had you on my mind. I was thinking if I steal some grapes for Moishe, will I get caught? lol lol

When I first read the article, I thought that this was old news that was being rehashed but it's still worth a read.

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Welcome home Chris! I haven't spent much time in Mendoza but I would like to take the wife on a tour of the wine country and see some old friends. I hope you had a great visit!

Getting back to the article, it really just sounds like more rumor and speculation crap. Grondona isn't going to force Diego's hand especially this close to South Africa, the drama could destroy the side. Believe me no one wants Roman on the side more than me but it just isn't happening, no way no how. Really a shame because Roman is in as good a form as any Argentine midfielder right now

24. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Listen to this. I was heading home on friday and I was on the MZA to Baires leg of the flight. Everyone is sitting down waiting for the flight to take off. Then in walk two guys with the Godoy Cruz jogging suits. So I was like, wow I should have gotten one, maybe Ill ask my mom to bring one. Anyhow a couple of second later two more guys walk in and at that point I've realized its the team coming onto the plane.

Problem was that I was strapped into my seat wasnt about to get up to ask for a pic. I figured I would ask them when we got to Aeroparque. I was hoping to get pics with El Turco Asad and Pacha Cardozo, two IMMENSE players for Velez back in the say, who are now in charge of Godoy Cruz. Asad is the DT and Cardoza is the assistant.

So we get off the plane and I'm getting my bag ready and looking for my camera. By the time we get to the bag carousel, I have Omar and Pacha standing next to me. I'm cameraless because I left it in the car with my mom. Worst yet my phone is probably the only blackberry in existence, better yet the only cel phone in existence WITHOUT a camera.

Needless to say I was HIGHLY pissed off! When else was I going to have the chance to get a pic with Asad and Cardozo. (holy crap could we use Cardozo no on the NT!!) I can't complain though, it was better than nothing and I'm pulling for GC now even thought they lost last night to RiBer.

Yeah he is in form and playing well.

25. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Boca puede jugar sin Palermo. Pero Boca no juega sin Riquelme