The Official Reserve Team Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by lkgf09, Mar 22, 2011.

1. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might as well have a place to discuss what the reserves will be doing throughout the year.

And already the first reserve team game has been postponed. These guys will have to wait to get some playing time.

Full schedule

March 26 -- at Columbus Crew Postponed

April 10 -- at Philadelphia Union, 10 a.m.

April 22 -- at D.C. United, 11 a.m.

April 30 -- West Virginia U. 11 a.m

May 30 -- Columbus Crew, 10 a.m.

June 11 -- New England Revolution, 10 a.m.

July 6 -- Toronto FC, 10 a.m.

July 10 -- D.C. United, 10 a.m.

Aug. 15 -- Philadelphia Union, 10 a.m.

Aug. 21 -- at New England Revolution, 10 a.m.

Oct. 1 -- at Toronto FC, 10 a.m.

2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I just fix you list....sorry I don't see the posponed

3. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Makes sense since a several of them will have to play on Saturday with international call-ups.

4. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reserves were in action today and beat UVA 3-1.

RB lineup - New York Red Bulls – Alex Horwath (GK), Carlos Mendes (Bryan Gallego* 46’), Stephen Keel, Tyler Lassiter, Teddy Schneider, Matt Kassel, Marcos Paullo (Dan Metzger* 46’), John Rooney, Austin da Luz, Luke Rodgers, Corey Hertzog (Brandon Allen* 69’)

Goals from Hertzog and two from Rodgers. Good to see them both get on the score sheet. Also Teddy Schneider played left back. Hasn't been signed to the team yet but since Borman has been traded, he is the most logical choice to be his replacement.

5. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Don't remember being particularly impressed with Schneider in the preseason, he will have to cover for Miller during the world cup, correct?

I'm glad Hertzog scored, he was very bright in his 10 minute appearance against Columbus. Also glad Rodgers is working his way back to fitness, I think with some good coaching he will be a good player for the team.

6. foolovsky

foolovsky Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like academy players will fill in the holes during the year. Don't mind it a bit!

7. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad weekend in Philly continues. 2-1 loss for the reserves. Rooney with the lone RB goal for the entire weekend.

RB lineup
    - Horwath, Kassel, Keel, Lassiter, Schneider, Rooney, Robinson, Ballouchy, Murphy, Paullo, Hertzog.

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Who is this player Dane Murphy and Brandon Allen and Don Metzer, some body with some information,... Thanks...

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Who is this player Dane Murphy and Brandon Allen and Don Metzer, some body with some information,... Thanks...

10. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full game story

Murphy was a guest player, but I don't know from where.

Metger and Allen are academy players.

11. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz, I mentioned Brandon Allen and Metzger several times. They are two of our best prospects. Metzger is going to play for Univ of Maryland and I am not sure of Allen who has been scoring a ton of goals plus there is Gallego who is going to Akron and is a defender (I believe a left back). There are high hopes for all although I have not seen any of them play.

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I hear about Metzger and Allen before even I write about Metzger, but every body ignore them and because I like to make noise, so I have to start something, thanks....Beside the team is short by two players and perfectly they can bring two more from the Academy to fill up this spaces....

13. Idolg1982

Idolg1982 Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Not that easy Metz, the guys on the youth teams are 18 year olds, they got famalies and its not worth accepting 40k to play professionally, when you can get room and board at a good college for the same amount.

Persoanlly i would tell my kid to go to school, see how he adapts to that level and if he is killing it at 18 at the college level, then he can go pro.

The mls does a great job with generation addidas, so if they dont offer an underclassman a contract to drop out early then probably he wont make it in the league.

14. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he's heading to Georgetown in the fall

15. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm not saying that they have to be on the first team already, but hear about Kassel for three years before he became one, Xsentus and others and that is what I say, why not this ones, because if they are good enough to invited to the reserve games that mean they are good prospect and will not be idea to keep them in mind....

And by the way what happen to Xsentus or whatever his spelling name it is.....

16. Idolg1982

Idolg1982 Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Metz, did you grow up playing soccer at all????????? Your talking about 18 year olds who still go to school. Yes there are some exceptional talents, who skip high school and get home schooled, but the majority of the guys go to school during the day and practice during the night.

They cant make first team practices, and deffiently not games out of state on wekk days.

17. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are they playing their home games?

19. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reserve team recap of the 2-0 loss to New England.

Lineup used -

Alex Horwath (Chris Konopka* 46’), Bryan Gallego*, Tyler Lassiter, Sacir Hot, Teddy Schneider, Matt Kassel, Sean Davis*, John Rooney, Semso Nikocevic*, Marcos Paullo (Mario Rios* 63’), Corey Hertzog

20. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they play the games at Montclair State.

21. BradDavis

BradDavis Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    me and some of the boys went down to the reserve match on saturday... its a really good time to see some decent soccer and you can really relate to the players afterwards.. they play at Montclaire and they do really appreciate us showing up...

22. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mendes on reserve team?? wth?

24. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well someone needs to play in these games. This team does have no depth after all.

25. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can bring in guest players if they don't want to play the roster players.

Mendes hasn't played a lot lately, don't see why he shouldn't play a reserve game. Especially if it means he's getting into game shape so he can play in defense in two weeks with Marquez in midfield and Ballouchy far far away hopefully.