The Official Qatar WC 2022 Thread

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Hecho en Chivas, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And they have three legit world class guys in Mendy, Koulibaly and Mané surrounded by solid, Europe tested players. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the quarterfinals.

2. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dios mio..right... The shiny forehead guy.
    Rest in pieces nads. Hopefully Dest plays so they merk him Lmfao.:ROFLMAO:

SGuerrilla, AMLO2018 and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  4. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    • vs Poland Tues Nov 22, at 8am PT, 11am ET
    • vs Argentina Sat. Nov 26, at 11am PT 2pm ET
    • vs Saudi Arabia Wed Nov 30 at 11am PT 2pm ET
    Saturday is a perfect time to watch our asses get beat, but perfect time nonetheless.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
  6. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was making fun of the poster that did the whole what if stuff

Serg33 and LGRod repped this.
  7. Whatever country you are, it all comes down to the first match. You must win it, otherwise you're on the catch up trail, which isnot good. We Dutch experienced that when we were in a group we simply should have won. We lost our first match and ended on the bottom of that group.

8. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    If we win our first game we are advancing IMO.

LGRod repped this.
  9. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    US fans and other observers are really underating Group B. England are good, Iran is no where near as bad as Saudi Arabia and there is a good chance they might face Wales who are a Top 20.

While the US midfield is good I feel like their defense is somehow worse then the one from the late 00s and early 10s.

10. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Why do people think Saudi Arabia is bad, they only lost one game in qualifying, their club teams do pretty well too

11. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    They tend to have mostly domestic players. Iran and other Asian teams tend to have a few players in Europe.

Granted I don't think Mexico should overlook the Saudis but last World Cup Iran got 4 points out of a group with Spain, Portugal and Morocco.

SGuerrilla repped this.
  12. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Iran is good, above SA I believe. But in WC you never know

13. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #213 HTCONEM8, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Because their squad is comprised of only domestic players, and for some reason, they always get thrashed in at least one match in their previous appearances in the WC. The clubs are different story thanks to the foreign players they recruit.

Oh, and the people there are one delusional bunch; I live there and most of them already underestimate Mexico and Poland LMAO. It's been like that for a long time. They always overhype themselves then get thrashed like the 8-0 they got against Germany haha

14. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And it isn't as if the Arab league is that good.

SGuerrilla and HTCONEM8 repped this.
  15. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    We bout to scrape the Argies and Lewandowski. Let it be known

ShockMaster, SGuerrilla, sizal9 and 12 others repped this.
  16. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    That is my exact lineup and formation I’d use. IMO, this is the best we have based on the players that have been used during these eliminatorias. I highly doubt there are going to be any new surprise call ups and/or changes.

Depending on match score/dynamics, I’d make changes no later than the start of 2nd half and most like the top 4.

I really hope Lozano gets more playing time cause he tends to try to do it all by himself. Should a 2nd 1/2 change happen, I think Antuna coming in with fresh legs and speed would be good. If Lainez, who i hope gets more playing time, comes on, I think his 1v1 abilities could serve Mexico well if we can get the ball in the last tercio and specifically in the área.

17. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know enough about them but there was a time our squad was always domestic players and we were still getting out of the group. Do they pay their players well? That could be another reason they're domestic.

18. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    They do tend to lose big sometimes but I feel a lot of teams are on more even ground in modern football, losing just one game in a group with Japan and Australia is not bad. Their local league does pretty well in the Asian champions league too, won in 2019 and 2021

19. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yup. That's the main reason of them staying put at home, but I wish they would go play abroad, so they get used to playing on a higher level.

20. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    That’s 2 :O

21. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So what’s this I’ve been hearing about Ecuador possibly getting disqualified and Chile taking their place?

JJV1994 repped this.
  22. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, cause Ecuador supposedly played a few games with a player that was not eligible to play for them at the time.
    I'm hearing Chile and Italy are fighting for the spot. Hearing that a disqualification of a team doesn't automatically mean the next team from Qualifiers of that region gets in, which is what Chile wants, the fifa rules state that fifa can elect to take highest ranked team no matter confederation which would be Italy.
    Here in Italy they talk a lot about it hoping to back door into WC

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  23. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Why wouldn’t that be Colombia instead of Chile? They finished higher.

24. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chile wants the games the dude played in turn to forfeits and award 3-0 victory to the affected NT..

FIFA dont get to decide nationalities of players.. There was a legal matter that established he was born in Ecuador, now how corrupt was that judgement has to be seen..

DGreat and beat junky repped this.
  25. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    out of the 7 games I applied for i got 2, with Mexico/Argentina being one of them. That is one hot ticket, so happy I got that one. Saudi Arabia game being the other one i got.

Colima24, El Chanclas, Alopez and 4 others repped this.