The Official Palestine Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by (De La)Redstriker06, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    No, I'm Norwegian :D

2. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Why so interested in Palestine :) ?

3. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Palestinian football *

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Not just Palestine football , I follow all Asian NT`s :)

Any update about the May`s tournament ?

5. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Yup, it seems that it is the Iraqi Kurdistan that will participate, not Iraq.

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Group A :

Palestine (NT)
    Vietnam (U19)
    Sri Lanka (NT ?)
    Pakistan (U22)

Group B :

Uzbekistan ( U22 ?)
    Kurdistan
    Indonesia (NT)

Group C :

Tunisia (U20)
    Mauritania (NT)
    Jordan (U22)

http://pfa.ps/NewsDescription.aspx?NewsId=4627

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The tournament opened up with a 2:0 victory for Palestine over Vietnam.

Does anyone know the Pakistan - Sri Lanka result?

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Match was cancelled. Uzbekistan withdrew from tournament.

Sri Lanka moved to group C.

Mauritania moved to group B and play Indonesia and Kurdistan

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Can't see any sense in moving Sri Lanka to C and Mauritania to B, all they had to do was move Sri Lanka!

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    It's hard getting results for the Nakba Tournament, but footballpakistan has the game between Pakistan and Vietnam as 0:0

It also looks like we have had Iraqi Kurdistan 3:1 Mauritania and Tunisia 2:0 Jordan

11. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Palestine VS Tunisia tomorrow in the final.. :)

12. winster

winster Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I was wondering if anyone here has followed FC Edmonton's Yashir Pinto? He's a 21 year old Chilean with a Palestinian grandparent (which to my understanding would qualify him to play for Palestine). He represented Chile's U-20 side scoring 8 goals in 24 appearances.

I doubt he'll be accepting a call-up from Palestine any time soon, but unless he turns out to be a late-bloomer I don't think he quite has the quality to be a regular player for Chile's senior team. I think he could be a good long-term prospect for the Palestine NT.

13. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yeah I've had my eye on him. I don't know if an approach has been made though or will ever be made. The national team doesn't really depend on the diaspora as much as it did 10 years ago because there is a league now producing good players who play regular football. That said, Palestine could use depth at striker but I see them going for other players based abroad. Lebanon-based Ibrahim Swidan or Mohammad Abu Ateeq would have a better shot at a national team call-up in my opinion.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fwiw, Yashir has a younger brother who plays D2 ball in Chile: Ahmed (Pinto).

15. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    These players are all interesting prospects but I don't think our situation is as desperate as it was 10 years ago when practically anyone playing abroad could walk onto the team. We are at a point now where Roberto Bishara is not getting called up due to his lack of playing time with Palestino. Speaking of Chileans though- Roberto Kettlun signed with Hilal Al-Quds and is back in the national team fold after his stint playing in Italy.

16. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    @(De La)Redstriker06 do you know if there will be a 2013 Al Nakba International Tournament?

17. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #567 Pelefan, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    @(De La)Redstriker06

With the Challenge Cup just around the corner, your thread needs to be bumped up. Do you happen to know who among the Palestinian Abroad contingent will be available for the Challenge Cup? I have seen some good players mentioned here as well as in your blog, but it seems that everyone is expecting that many of these players will not be available.

BTW, apparently Palestine's coach turned down a pretournament friendly with the Philippines in May. It would have been a good practice game to gauge each team's preparations for the Cup.

Hopefully you can get all your players in Palestine released for the tournament. I have read that one of them got detained by the IDF. It must be difficult to plan for games when situations like these happen. Hopefully everything gets sorted out. Good luck to your team.

18. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The situation with Sameh is very unfortunate. He just made the jump to the full senior team and scored in the friendlies/scrimmages we played in Qatar. It's a horrible situation to be in and I can't help but feel that he was somehow targeted for this punitive and unjust detention.

As for our team we have two confirmations: Ramzi Saleh (the captain and goalkeeper) and Abdelatif Bahdari (A centreback who you may remember from the 2011 encounter) have confirmed that they will be there. The status of all the other players is in limbo.

I do not think Zatara or Alexis will be there because they have on going seasons. Imad Khalili is a mystery, Kabir Mustafa might join late if his team seals automatic promotion in Chile.

Pelefan repped this.
  19. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #569 Pelefan, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. The Philippines is in the same situation with 2 players abroad who probably would have started(Cagara and Patino), still having ongoing league schedules during the tournament. Many of the others will be arriving just a few days before the tournament starts. We will have to depend upon the cooperation of their clubs to get them released.

20. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Which players are they?

21. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #571 Pelefan, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Just added above, Dennis Cagara and Javier Patino still have ongoing schedules.

22. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    @(De La)Redstriker06

BTW, since I noticed you live in Montreal which is a hockey hotbed, I would like you to know that I am a big Detroit Redwings fan. It must be difficult for your MLS team, the Impact, to play second fiddle to the storied Montreal Canadiens.

23. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Palestine into top 10 in AFC!
    great improvement on the back of winning the Challenge Cup.

Will Palestine call up overseas based players that were not part of the Challenge Cup squad for the Asian Cup 2015

24. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Alexis Norambuena and Daniel Kabir Mustafa will be present. A new addition might be Imad Khalili aswell

25. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    @(De La)Redstriker06

When will the Palestinian national team start their training camp for the Peace Cup in the Philippines which will start in early September and will they be bringing their full(or close to) full team?