News: The Official "I Voted" Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Q*bert Jones III, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    A simple transactional thread. You tell us where/when/how you voted. We all give you rep which you can spend on whatever you want.

crazypete13 repped this.
  2. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohio, absentee by mail, Biden + other Dems downballot (I voted for one female Republican over one male Democrat, because BLM advocates are campaigning against him)

I want people to not rep me and instead donate $25 to Texas Democratic state legislature candidates.

crazypete13, NORML, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, here's a rep anyway.

crazypete13, NORML, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I received my ballot last Saturday 10 Oct and dropped my ballot off at the county clerk’s office that night.

Blue all the way, except for that one damn publican running unopposed.

I also voted against every judge appointed by a Republican.

The tax measures. I voted against them all. Even the one that would reduce our flat rate tax. That’s my compromise since I voted against ALL measures giving more money to the state.

For Family leave

NORML, dapip and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    California. I need to say hello to the registrar. :(

charlie15, dapip and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Louisiana, in person early voting, last Friday, with a mask and my own pen. This is a little like "Clue."

crazypete13, NORML, superdave and 3 others repped this.
  7. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Maryland, by mail on Monday. The ballot was very light with only a few offices up for election. President/Congress plus school board and judges which I never vote for. Also some ballot questions.

8. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Dropped my PA vote by mail ballot off 8 days ago at the County office to save the postage and to get it where it was supposed to go. I have my doubts that Vermin Supreme is going to pull it off, but I did my part.

9. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Franklin County (Columbus) Ohio, early in-person voting last week. The line looked long, but that was deceptive because of social distancing, and it moved quickly. The voting was well-staffed by competent people. The woman my wife and I had to pass challenged my signature (crummy handwriting all my life), but not seriously. Voted against the re-election of Donald Trump, and for the judges recommended by the Bar Association, of mixed parties. In and out in just a little over 20 minutes.

crazypete13, NORML, soccernutter and 2 others repped this.
  10. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made decisions in family discussion on Saturday and Sunday, October 10-11. Filled out ballot on October 11, dropped in an official county drop box on Sunday, October 11. Waited for email confirming ballot was picked up. October 12 was a holiday, so no email. Saw the news story about fake ballot drop boxes set up by Republicans in some locations in California - confirmed that the drop box we used was an official county drop box. Continued to wait for email confirming ballot was picked up. Email arrived October 15.

crazypete13, NORML, soccernutter and 2 others repped this.
  11. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I voted a year ago today.

Sure, it was in a different country, the parties and candidates were all different, and the stakes were much lower. But on the plus side, I found out that a Boater’s license is not a valid form of identification at the polls.

roby, NORML, charlie15 and 4 others repped this.
  12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I have to admit that they do make it easy for me in Santa Clara County. I can drop off my ballot at the courthouse, which happens to be where I work.

Done :)

NORML, charlie15, soccernutter and 4 others repped this.
  13. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Those Tyrants!

spejic, NORML, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  14. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I dropped my mail-in ballot into an official fresno county box last week which took all of 10 seconds. When I see news reports of people having to wait hours to early vote, my blood boils—when I hear about Texas having one drop box for millions of people, my blood boils.

NORML, onefineesq, soccernutter and 3 others repped this.
  15. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nuts, isn't it. Texas is overcoming their handicaps though -- according to https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html, Texas has almost 800K more votes so far than California. As a Californian, I am sad and embarrassed that Texas has more voters than we do so far - we have more voters, and it's easier to vote here, so we should have more votes at any point in the voting process than Texas. So Texans, if you want to make Californians like me sad and embarrassed, keep voting.

edit to add: hey, Fresno County? Which congressional district? I hope if you're in Devin Nunes' district you voted for Phil Arballo.

NORML, soccernutter and crazypete13 repped this.
  16. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Californians are less concerned (for good reason) about their votes being stolen.

NORML and crazypete13 repped this.
  17. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I voted Arballo but don’t know what to make of his chances. Nunes is all over radio and TV here and worshipped like a god amongst local GOP.

Nunes is campaigning as though things are tight though. I have never voted Nunes or subscribed to any newsletters but I have been sent a Nunes Covid mask, Nunes letter opener and a bunch of other little trinkets. The guy has oodles to spend.

NORML, crazypete13 and Smurfquake repped this.
  18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I voted on October 8 by dropping off my automatic-vote-by-mail ballot into an official Nevada County, California ballot box. On October 13, I was notified by BallotTrax that my ballot was received, accepted, and will be counted.

Now I just need to procure vast quantities of Halloween candy that I will nervously consume on election night.

NORML and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  19. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Voted last week, in person, with my wife. Huge (pro-Dem) line, but all went smoothly. Took about 45 minutes to get the Franklin County Board of Elections building, then things moved very quickly. The professionalism, enthusiasm and friendliness of everyone I encountered working the polls partially restored my faith in humanity.

As someone who is physically incapable of signing his name the same way twice, I came prepared to get in the face of anyone who questioned my legitimate right to vote based on that half-assed variable. In the end, no one seemed to care much, which is good because we all were signing our names on a touchscreen with an effing stylus. Who the hell signs their name normally that way? Sort of a waste, then, that I had with me my new compliant drivers license, my passport and my original Social Security card from almost 40 years ago, all with very different looking signatures.

NORML, sitruc, Pauncho and 3 others repped this.
  20. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Seems like overkill, unless you happen to be black.

21. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Received my mail-in ballot on September 26. Didn't pussyfoot around anything...voted straight D down the line. If an R was running unopposed locally, I left those lines blank. Mailed ballot in on September 26. County Clerk received it on September 29. Everything is :thumbsup:

NORML, Q*bert Jones III and crazypete13 repped this.
  22. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted in person on Monday.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Library, with a pencil, on a machine. In Milwaukee.

Yesterday (Tuesday, 10/20). And yes, I wore a mask. And so did everybody else in line.

Straight Blue. Most were unopposed, unsurprisingly.

NORML and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  24. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2016, I worked the polls in a Red district, and everybody was warm and welcoming and very helpful. There were lots of jokes throughout the day with the voters as well. Except the two assholes who were Individual One supporters who were "checking" to make sure we received their mail-in ballot. Everybody rolled their eyes when those guys left. Even the Precinct Captain.

25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should have pulled out your gun permit.

roby, soccernutter and crazypete13 repped this.