THE OFFICIAL FCB-RMCF MATCH THREAD[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by anirbanblah, Nov 8, 2004.

1. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: Helguera Out...

have to agree with illuminatus on this one. where the heck have you been, gazzad? did you not live through all those "classic" pavon moments along with the rest of us? unbelievable, mate! :)

2. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India

Pavon's last game was the best he has played in over a year... really looked better than Samuel in his last game. But with pavon, you need to turn the old adage on his head. Remember "Form is temporary.... lack of class is permanent" :)

3. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's pretty easy.

Click on the left sidebar link that says Televizioni, then scroll down to the Liga Spagnola section.

If the game is being shown via webcast, it should be listed.

If it's not listed there, you can always try www.soccerstreams.com, pay $2.50 for the year, and get your links through that site. Though I've been less impressed with their streams as I have been with Calcio Libero's.

Good luck.

4. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida

Does Becks really have to start this game? Wasn't he hurt coming off the pitch in the international friendly?

After watching his past few games, I am completely convinced he is worthless except for set plays. And, those happen relatively infrequently.

Couldn't we start like this ...

Casillas
    Salgado Mejia/Pavon Samuel Carlos
    Guti
    Figo Zizou Raul
    Ronaldo Owen ​

That would seen to make more sense to me.

5. fcbotiga

fcbotiga New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Dublin
    Re: I've long suspected...

Up yours man!!!..... you soddy little tit... u call njonkers a troll.... what about some of the idiots from your forum who have the weird habit of coming by and posting utter **************** on our forum eh.... so i suggest before opening your big fat mouth just realise your own mistakes!!

6. Topside

Topside New Member

Nov 2, 2004

Finally I come across some people who can see through this media hungry fool. In Becks you will see that when he doesn't perform on the pitch eg. the England Vs Spain game he has to make an excuse, apparently its his ribs! Another good example is Euro 2004 where he underperformed and the excuse was the RM training or lack of it! However, according to reports today, he's fit to play the game against Barca tomorrow!

If you watch Becks closely he runs up and down the pitch for 90 minutes without hardly ever getting the ball, world class - not.

7. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India

I've been saying this to myself all week. It would be criminal to bench either Owen or Guti in the form they are in, and I don't see what value Beckham is bringing to the table after his injury. He has really looked off the pace both last week and mid-week and I think we're better off playing players who are in form for a match like this rather than hoping he recovers form.

Anyway, a lot has changed since I started this thread, and if Ronaldo has recovered from his trip, I think we can go into this match with optimism and with nothing to lose. A defence of Samuel and pavon inspires no confidence but I'm hoping Pavon plays like he did last time out and samuel finally starts showing some value on the investment we made.

Like I said, nothing to lose... and everything to gain.
    See you guys Monday.
    Hala Madrid and all the best!!!

8. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India

njonkers to fcbotiga: "I shall call him... Mini-Me" :)

No offence meant to you njonkers, just amused at the virulence with which he is defending you... you must be quite his hero!

9. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

that is exactly what i want. if you look in the albacete match thread you will see that is what i wanted for that match, howver becks started, as i believe he will at the weekend.
    my prefered team would be that above, with mejia starting instead of pavon. what i posted before is just what i suspect remon to do

29 1/2 hrs to go....

10. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia

well well well...

first of all, njonkers and me did settle the issue, you can ask him if you're pathetic enough. secondly, the way you felt is exactly the same way i did, but thats settled, like i said. and lastly, what mistakes do you refer to, and what does it have to do with me? just because some idiot does something i should apologise? should all barcelona fans also apologise for your idiocy? tell you what, you keep to your business, and dont go meddling about, ok? wanker...

11. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon

Sinko, that wasn't necessary at all, really. Posting your daddy's pic on a message board just to prove a point...shame...we can already see how you look like in your profile, you turned out ok, good for u...just have some respect for your old man.

12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    SKYSPORTS preview:

Spain comes to a standstill this weekend as Real Madrid travel to Barcelona for the season's first 'clasico' encounter - live on Sky Sports Xtra.

Although every clash between these two great rivals is billed as the most important game for years, this Saturday's match-up is given added spice by the fact that the two teams lie first and second in La Primera, with Barca just four points ahead of their old foe.

The Catalans go into the game slight favourites - especially with home support - after a superb start to the campaign, but it appears as if the pendulum has started to swing back towards Real in recent weeks.

While Barca experienced their first league defeat of the season against Real Betis last weekend, Real have won four on the spin in La Liga and finally seem to have found their feet under Mariano Garcia Remon.

Barca president Joan Laporta has attempted to play down the significance of this game on the overall title race, but has conceded that the victors will be given a massive psychological boost.

"If we win on Saturday then the gap would not be definitive," Laporta stated."If we lose, then we are still the leaders, but the result will be very important for the boost to morale it will bring to the victors."

Inwardly, the Barca chief will know how important victory could prove as his side continue their quest to end a five-year wait for a trophy.

To re-establish a seven-point gap over their nearest rivals in what is increasingly looking like a two-horse title race this season would be significant - no matter how early in the campaign.

The hosts will definitely be without long-term injury victims Thiago Motta, Gabri and Edmilson, while a doubt also hangs over Ludovic Giuly.

The French schemer has a thigh strain - picked up whilst on international duty - and will face a late fitness test, although hopes are high he will be fit.

Full back Silvinho is available again after a long lay-off, while Carles Puyol has shaken off the knee problem that kept him out of Spain's friendly with England.

Midfielder Gerard has also returned to training after a leg complaint meaning that Frank Rijkaard's injury problems appear to be subsiding.

Inevitably when Real travel to Catalunya these days, much of the focus falls on Luis Figo who is still reviled by Barca fans for switching allegiances in the summer of 2000.

The Portuguese star will always been guaranteed a ferociously hostile reception, and the abuse will only intensify if the 31-year-old can help steer Madrid towards victory.

Los Merengues have only one casualty for the game with Ivan Helguera omitted from the squad due to a knee injury picked up against Albacete.

Short of goals in domestic competition this term, Real went some way to addressing that problem with last weekend's 6-1 demolition in which Michael Owen notched his sixth goal in eight outings.

However, the England international is again likely to begin on the bench with Ronaldo and Raul leading the line.

England colleague David Beckham should start, despite fears he aggravated his rib injury in Wednesday's friendly international, while Francisco Pavon will partner Walter Samuel in the heart of defence in Helguera's absence.

It promises, as always, to be an enthralling affair, although for the first time in a while Barca will go into the game without an inferiority complex.

It is they that are playing the kind of spectacular football that Real thought was their sole preserve in recent times and, despite defeat last week, Rijkaard's men will be confident.

Real may have won the corresponding fixture 2-1 last season, but Barca emerged triumphant by the same score the last time the two teams met in April.

13. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Obviously somebody is too dim to click a link. The father smack was terribly weak. Better luck next time though.

14. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ronaldo was terrific in the last match, I think he's going to turn it on and be the decisive factor.

15. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    All eyes on El Clasico

Locked in combat at the top of the Primera Liga, Barcelona and Real Madrid renew their rivalry at the Nou Camp on Saturday (kickoff 2100 GMT) in the most keenly awaited Spanish derby for years.

For the first time in five seasons there will be more than pride at stake as the two sides go into the game occupying the top two places in the table.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=316852&cc=5901

Ronaldo says “I bet for on a 1-2 score... one of the goals mine”

He is the most feared, and the most desired. He arouses different feelings depending on the region. In Barcelona he is feared even more after seeing what he did last Sunday against Albacete. On the other hand, there´s Madrid, where people are expecting him to lead Real Madrid to victory. Ronaldo stated to Real Madrid Televisión (Type 55 on Digital +, Thursday 18, at 14:30, live) and Realmadrid.com his feelings towards his first classic game of the year: "It will be a great game, with a lot of pressure". He thinks the team is at a good moment and he dares to forecast a "1-2"score, with his goal included. Nevertheless he doesn´t really care. "What matters is that the team brings home a victory from Camp Nou".

http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realm...icia.jsp?idnoticia=43503&sec=1&subsec=0&esp=2

Owen: “We will fight to banish completely the racism”

Changing roles, Owen was present at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium last Wednesday. The player acknowledged on the radio programme El Larguero on Cadena SER, that he heard some booing from the public, "although surely they were also aimed at our playing". Owen considers that Real Madrid as well as the Spanish Federation of Football are fighting in order to put a stop to these racist displays.

http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realm...icia.jsp?idnoticia=43520&sec=1&subsec=0&esp=1

16. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Re: All eyes on El Clasico

Man I'm nervous; I can't wait for the game! Imagine what the players must be feeling...

17. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    hello again..
    i did what you said
    clicked on televisioni.then a page pops up with a bunch of flags from different countries
    spain isnt there..nothing about spain that i can see
    am i being dumb or is it not there anymore?

18. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

anirbanblah, Real Madrid is nothing if not consistent. Beckham is going to start & Owen is going to come in the last 30 minutes for whatever Galactico is not playing well. It might be Beckham & it might not be. Just be thankful if Pavon doesn't start. If Pavon & Samuel start, it is like spoting Barcelona one goal & 8 free kicks.

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

I've found the games they show on the net if you press on the "CALCIO in diretta" link on the left, Barcelona vs Madrid isn't listed though. But one of those Asian streams should probably show the game (I think?)

If that fails, you can hope that they post the game here:
    http://football.hn.org:6969/index.html

But *if* it gets posted it will most likely be a big file (600-900mb) and you'd need a bittorrent program to download it.

20. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    the starting lineup per Radio Marca...

Casillas
    Salgado Pavon Samuel R. Carlos
    Figo Beckham Guti Zidane
    Ronaldo Raul​

21. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    off to the bar to get a few cervezas down before kickoff!

Hala Madrid!

22. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    This place is usually buzzin' pre-match. Where is everyone?

23. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I'm off to a bar soon too -- hopefully they let my 19-year-old-ass in!

24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm still thinking about wether to listen to the radiocast, or go into media-blackout mode and download the game later, because chances are big it will be posted on that football tracker.

25. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    Same. But not knowing the score would kill me, I think i'll download it either way

I tried to get the package tonight to watch the game and the people said they'd have the package on in ten minutes, they phoned me back and told me they were experiencing difficulties :mad: