The Official Cade Cowell thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 23, 2019.

1. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's no point in criticizing pellegrino's weaknesses then this whole message board is pointless and we should just shut it down. Let's just delete our accounts jazzy.

2. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    #2477 JazzyJ, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 7, 2024
    I’ve commented myself many times on Pellegrino’s weaknesses. And strengths. And Cade’s strengths and weaknesses. My point is, there’s no point in comparing Pellegrino to Cade and expecting them to be the same kinds of players just because they’re playing the same position. We can talk about end result / product but they get there from totally different places. No point in yelling at an apple for not being an orange or vice versa.

3. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some might say "muy malo"

Cade Cowell ends his first semester at Chivas de Guadalajara with only 1 goal scored in 18 games in the LigaMX (closing tournament) and eliminated in the league.

Remember when some people here were opposed to the Quakes selling Cowell? That $4 million basically paid HLM's $6 million transfer fee. Their big mistake was not selling him for more money a year or two earlier...

They are the angry dog meme except "no sell only buy!"
    upload_2024-5-18_21-46-53.png

4. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's only 20 years old... lots of time to come good

5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    True, though this is his 6th year as a pro and he hasn’t really improved his final ball. He kind of fell out of favor with Chivas as the season wore on. Still early and he can get back into the mix but the competition is going to be tough and he’s at some risk of flaming out there.

6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, agreed... Just glad it's not any team I care about that is investing time and money into trying to make that happen.

Earthshaker repped this.