The OFFICIAL 8/17 "Track the Mia fouls" thread [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Aug 17, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    :D

Well some of Mia's unibrow, zit skinned, gelatanous detractors are claiming that in today's Freedom v Charge playoff match, any Charge player that farts within 30 feet of Mia will be called for a foul. Is this true? I don't know. I guess we'll see here in a while.

The purpose of this thread is to keep track of fouls suffered by Mia and committed by Mia to see if this really impacts the outcome of the game.

-------------------------

In other news...paying student loan bills sucks major ass! :mad:

2. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Ah yes, I've seen the talk from the Mia haters. How anyone can hate Mia is beyond me...maybe it's the unibrow that makes them the way they are. *shrugs* Good luck in keeping up with the fouls. I mean, God forbid they actually foul her. What was it Overbeck said that time? The only way you can stop Mia is by pulling her down? Well, if they pull her down in the box, I'll take it. let the games begin...

3. whatevr21

whatevr21 New Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Virginia
    Let the games begin, but let Grubb take the pk. :)

4. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Insane. Just because some whiny-ass Charge fans are afraid of the hottest team in the league doesn't mean we should care. Let them whine all the way to the off-season.

RS

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    18th minute. Mia went to bend down and tie her left shoe on the Freedom bench. Heather Mitts gets a talking to by Sandra Hunt. Coach K. not happy with the foul.

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well Mia's on the field in the second half. Let's see what happens with the refs whistle. :rolleyes:

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    60th minute. Zhao Lihong booked for tripping up Mia just outside the far corner of the 18. Hamm and Lihong sprinting down the far side and Mia BEATING Lihong when Lihong sticks one of her legs out and trips Mia. Lihong DID NOT play the ball. Good call by Sandra Hunt.

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well in the waning moments of the match Mandy Clemens and Abby Wambach collide hard in the 18. Boy....that is a tough call. With the way Abby was playing I thought she would've gotten called for the foul.

Ugh.

9. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    That play you're talking about in the whaning moments with Abby...I really thought she was playing the ball. Sure, she missed the ball and kicked Clemens, but she was playing the ball IMHO.

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Boy I really don't know...

Abby was playing kinda rough today.

I hate to say it...

But I think the Charge fans have a good case that the no call on Abby was a HUGE mistake by Sandra Hunt.

11. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Did you watch the replay? I haven't seen it yet, but the replay they showed while the match was still going really looked like she was playing the ball. I mean, sure they both fell down, but I thought she was playing the ball...

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Aw hell. Us Freedom fans will hear about this for the next couple of centuries. :rolleyes:

----------

Hey you overweight Ron Jeremy lookalike...hop on a treadmill!

13. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Oh well. They can whine all they want. I don't think it deserved a PK. We won. They didn't. End of story. Move on with life.

14. Call Me V

Call Me V New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    MD
    I watched the replay, and I agree she was playing the ball. It looked to me like they were both swinging for it, but Clemens got a touch on it a split second before Abby, and Abby ends up getting a touch on Clemens. :)

Did you hear the mic picking up Abby at the end? She said something like, "She jumps right in front of me, and I'm like right there...[someone else talking]...she doesn't like me very much, though."

Hmmm, who's that in reference to? :)

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Ugh. Considering this damn weather delay we are having in Cary, NC right now and my distaste for another Venus razoer commercial...I should rewatch that play and try to see what happened.

Aw hell...Mother Nature is always unpredictable...knowing my luck the game will start again as I'm watching the tape. :rolleyes:

Bottom line...the Freedom won. Did the refs win this match for the Freedom? Ummmm no. Mo Gerardo and Jacqui came up big while the Philly defense sucked on that goal.

Carrie Moore frustrated Gorillachon all day long.

Siri came up huge.

Freedom won this one fair and square. Deal with it Philly fans.

16. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Amen. I honestly think a fair and square ass kicking is tougher to take than "cheating" for some people. I'm already reading that Lihong didn't deserve the foul for that play on Mia. Come on...let's be serious here. Even Mia knew it was yellow as she pulled her imaginary yellow. hehe, it's amusing when she does that

17. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    The folks at SAS are already blaming Mia for the weather delay in NC. :D

18. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

well damn then....thank you Mia for ending my practice early! :)

WAR MIA

19. FreedomFan526

FreedomFan526 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Virginia
    There should be no complaining by the Philly fans. Both teams played well - Washington just played a little better :D

20. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Oh for crissakes!!!!!!!

"Mia has special rules"
    "She tells the refs what to do"
    :rolleyes:

I honestly don't see how any rational person could look at the way she's played this year and still say her success is manufactured?

Lihong was introduced to the fear of God. She tripped her. Three freakin replays and they still "magicaly" fail to see the trip.

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Have you read some of the drivel on the gey ass WUSA.com boards? There was an idiot claiming that in the infamous "FearM9 **** *** ** **" match that the Beat defenders "allowed" Mia to score in that match. :rolleyes:

22. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Which one? That or her linebacker-like sack of Moore in the first half which should have yielded a minimum yellow? And when the dissent yellow came after the Connors takedown, you would have been down to 10.

But hey, the league got what it wanted. Mia in the final.

Paul

23. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    wah, wah, wah. Go cry somewhere else

24. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Oh get over it!! Your team lost! They couldn't score. Siri stuffed your team! These excuses are so goddamn pathetic and lame.
    You spent the entire season talking up your team and your mediocre keeper. They didn't get it done. No matter how many calls you have a problem with, the bottom line is the Charge DIDN'T SCORE ANY GOALS!!!! The official didn't keep the ball out of our net. Siri did!!
    "the league got what it wanted.... Mia controlls the refs... wah wah wah"!!!
    I suppose the league told the Charge not to score?
    All this whinning is so beyond pathetic. You do a diservice to your team.