The Official 2023/2024 Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Kaitlyn, Oct 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if this is the league’s way of punishing RottenFish for being a skin flint?

Beerking and Quakes05 repped this.
  2. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were 9th out of 14 teams. Bottom third more or less. That’s Not competitive. Our playoff games was a participation award.

We suck!

Go Quakesfans!!

Beerking and Quakes05 repped this.
  3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    We won as many as we lost and we tied the rest, meaning we were on average exactly as good as our competition. While not great or even good, that is “competitive” virtually by definition.

4. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    Yeah, that makes total sense, the only people who are allowed to have an opinion on racism are…white people. Great call there lol

5. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    and white folks in general I'd say. but yeah, it's ugly stuff. and honestly nothing I've ever encountered amongst Quakes fans...so I'm fine treating @xbhaskarx 's racism as an anomaly.

I say we move on. Leitch really needs to deliver on a few exciting signings so we can get the focus back on our beloved small team.

Beerking repped this.
  6. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    you should try to keep up, I said that we can all learn from each other. In your case though, you seem unable to understand that racism can also be directed towards white people. does that mean that its okay for you and your friends to sit around and trash white folks, in general? because racism doesn't matter when it comes to white folks? of course not. that would make you a racist too.

when you say something like that, you discredit yourself.

Beerking repped this.
  7. bostero24

bostero24 Member

Jun 27, 2008
    sf
    So I got told yesterday I was being a negative Nelly ... I'm trying to contribute with some young player info and keep the Convo on a positive although there ain't jack shit happening in Quakesland.
    Man you can tell we're a bay area team. Let's hijack the thread and talk about racism & politics. Same ol same bay area mentality.
    I'm out.
    See you all maybe when we actually sign some middle of the road player or the season begins...
    This has become boring & stupid. We're stuck on being repetitive on every subject it seems since our FO have gone missing and leitch doesn't even seem to exist anymore.
    Good luck on trying to fix the world peeps...I'm out.

Beerking repped this.
  8. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    Yeah, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of racism and dynamics of power in general. Again, you aren’t the victim of any racism. Nor would you know what that’s like. Sorry you can’t pound your drum on this one

9. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Who told you that you’re a “negative Nelly”? I for one appreciate the names you put out there as possible signings yesterday or today. Everybody’s frustrated with the lack of an impact signing so far but I can’t believe that somehow we’d be “done” at this point! That would be crazy.

itscalvin repped this.
  10. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I’ve had it and am unsubscribing from this thread.

11. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    yep, there's nothing much positive happening here. same Quakes, different off season. can't say I blame you for bailing out - it's probably the smart move.

12. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You guys are really up fighting all night? Is this how you want to spend your federal holiday?

Let's try to keep this on topic or else we can close this thread and transition into the pre-season. Meanwhile, some of you need to go volunteer at the local animal shelter or food kitchen or just, I don't know, go for a walk in the park. We're among the few places in the country where you can enjoy a temperate climate right now (condolences to @markmcf8 and @bsman who aren't quite as fortunate).

Beckham7, markmcf8 and bsman repped this.
  13. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    let's move on. I think you're boring the good people by now. ;)

14. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    close it, it's become a cesspool.

Beerking repped this.
  15. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Which brings us to a philosophical question. If there was a Quakes BS forum and no one subscribed, does the Quakrs Big Soccer forum exist???

16. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Pulling the plug and hoping for a kinder, gentler pre-season thread.

I know you guys can do it!

markmcf8 repped this.