The Official 2019 Korean NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Dec 31, 2018.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    my goodness, iirc even KSY did his month training...properly.

2. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    That is not what the scandal was about. You think Korean military is that stupid? If Jang had not done the training his exemption would have been revoked, actually would not have been given in the first place.

3. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    stupid? that's a different conversation for a different time.

from what I understand, Jang was doing that public service in place of the 1 month training...if that public service was in addition to the 1 month military training then yeah, he has a case.

anyhow pertaining to football, I'm glad he's out of KNT.

4. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    Actually it is really stupid to think things like that are even remotely possible. It is an additional service that was added only a few years ago and that is why the Dept of Military Service makes no issue out of it.

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    then i've misunderstood.

6. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    http://www.sportalkorea.com/news/view.php?gisa_uniq=2019011821070702

kfa released a statement reminding everyone they have a technical staff that has full control over player selection and squad management. kim pangon, who is not part of the technical staff, is regularly involved in discussions with bento regarding the team but that is as far as it goes. hong myungbo also recently warned press members not to spread bullshit otherwise kfa will have to take action.

lee seungwoo was a non story. move on. korea has a continental tournament to win

ps i urge members here to read the actual article instead of falling for clickbait titles. if its includes an absurd claim without any evidence to support it its belongs in the trashcan

7. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is this normal in all national teams or is it specific to the KNT? How can the manager not even have a say in squad selection? I understand Bento might be new to Korean football and needs to get to know the players, league, systems etc but that sounds pretty wack to me, but not surprising considering Korean hierarchy/control freak bs that 동네 아저씨s love.

8. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    bento is the manager who is in charge of the technical staff

seolseol repped this.
  9. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    KFA can make suggestions regarding player selection and squad management. Lunch Box has the final say. It has been that way all the time and is the case in every other country. But "suggestion" can be seen as pressure depending on the context. Lunch Box demanded that he be given the full control when he was hired.

When the manager is Korean, the "suggestion" can work as pressure due to the elder-respecting Korean culture escpecially when the manager is young and traditional like Cha was 20 years ago. It rarely works with foreign managers. Bonfrere's complaint was just BS and his imagination. If he asserted himself there was nothing KFA could do. He had the final say.

10. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
  11. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    wtf... KMJ needs to know that he can make 2x... even 10x in China later if he succeeds in Europe.

13. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    Jeonbuk confirmed the offer.
    https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190119173515913
    So it is not just a rumor.
    However the consensus is that it is unrealistic due to the strict work permit condition.
    The only positive aspect of this is that it may dissuade KMJ from going to China and make him wait for offers from Germany or maybe France. It won't happen by Jan 31 though. Perhaps he can transfer during the summer.

P.S. If Korea makes top 50 in the Jan FIFA ranking he may be able to squeeze in. 75 percent NT appearnce can be waived since he was injured.

14. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/ta...thread-part-ii.1993908/page-100#post-37440597

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All Watford have to do is buy him and loan him back to Jeonbuk for half a season until summer transfer comes around.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  16. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Seems like Ki is retiring after Asian Cup. He just posted "Thank God it's finally over" on his Instagram-Story.

18. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    I dont think he realizes thats not a good phrase to use

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah. kind of an unfortunate misunderstanding I guess.

edit: or it was his wife who shares the account xD

20. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So hes leaving the national team now to go back to his club it seems. Well thats a sad way to end his NT career

21. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    Good for him that most Koreans don't know what it means in English.
    He really does not want to play for NT otherwise he would have stayed even for 1 percent chance he may recover by the final match.

22. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Right, I wouldnt be surprised if he starts against man city on jan 29th.

23. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    #99 Justamoment, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    I am not sure in this case. Normally he cannot play for the club until after the AC is over but participants in AC can go back to his club once his team is eliminated. So I don't know which rule is going to be used in his case in case Korea do not make the final.

Anyway Korean media took "thank god" part literally and think he thanked God as a devout Christian. Really hilarious.

P.S. His net contribution to NT for his final year was to waste 1 spot in the AC roster. He must be a spy.

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What waste of roster space Ki turned out to be.