Rumor: The Official 08'-09' Off Season News and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by MARCH_, Nov 9, 2008.

1. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  3. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... Chivas finish fourth in the west, are dropped (by RSL!!) in the first round of the play-offs, AGAIN!!!! and lose two players to retirement, and will most likely lose Sasha K. in the summer, possibly Johnny B. and their off-season moves consist of signing one draft pick and a Galaxy defender?!? WTF!?!?! Oh, and half the starting 11 is already injured. Yeah, this is gonna be a GREAT season...:confused:

5. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're bringing me down, man.
    [​IMG]

6. hugo90301

hugo90301 Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Lawndale, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    serious man, a little positive thinking never hurt anyone

7. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    YOU DIK!:mad:

8. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Yeah, i'm done with complaining too. We have to get behind this team. the team will improve over time. Chivas USA is going to become a household name oneday and then we could sit back and say we remember when....(fill in the blank with your best complaint) but look at us now...look at us now. There is this anonymous quote from my family history book that goes " pride in family is pride in ordinary people that in our hearts and minds become extraordinary" . we gotta love this team like familia. Did anyone just throw up in their mouths? anyways we gotta back this team regardless.:D

9. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can't wait for the day when people in this coutry talk about seeing the chivas game and have them referring to Chivas USA. Then, whenever they'd want to talk about the other chivas, they would be forced to say Chivas Guadalajara because Chivas USA would have become the norm here. Ahhhh.....can't wait for it.

10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    This is an interesting possibility, but quite a gamble.

He went to Benfica just after the last World Cup, but his stint there was short-lived and unsuccessful; he transfered back to Mexico after just a half season in Portugal and only 9 games with one league goal scored.

Ever since then his form has been disastrous and he is lucky just to see the bench for Tigres.

On the upside he's still under 30, which is rather young for an MLS foreign star. And his international goalscoring rate with Mexico is excellent: 21 goals in 42 games, so it shows that there is some quality there.

If he re-finds his form it could turn out to be a good buy.

11. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    How about ITAMAR BATISTA from Jaguares. He was separated from the rest of the team and seems to be on his way out. Medio Tiempo is reporting that it is because he and Bofo don't get along... He would be a good pickup even if it was on loan.:)

12. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, Abel Xavier will be trying out for the team.
    http://chivas-usa.blogspot.com/

13. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    that guy's an overpriced liability. id rather have claudio.

14. ChivaFan

ChivaFan New Member

May 29, 2006
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as it goes, I'd rather have a vacancy on the roster than Abel Xavier. He's so slow that he gets into trouble all the time trying to make up for errors. He's a dirty player, fouls constantly, gets cards, gives up free kicks and would add NOTHING good to our team.

Why would ANY MLS team pick him up? :confused: We've all seen what he does.....

15. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Claudio wants TOO MUCH MONEY for getting burned by MLS attackers. (probably over 100k).

We need cheaper toast. Remember, we have a small payroll. Small.

16. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    What about luis gabriel Rey or Rafa Marquez Lugo? i agree xavier is not what we want. I also agree that Kikin is not great...he's good but not great. I'd rather aim for Luis angel Landin or Rafa Marquez or Sabah. These people could all be real possibilities and all have a head for goal and can all be replaced on their teams. In fact Rafa marquez Lugo just started getting playing time in atlante. Has anyone heard anything about Ever Guzman. He was part of the Sub-17 world cup champs with Mexico that played with Vela and Dos Santos. He was a super sub and supposedly plays for Morelia but i watch a lot of Morelia games and haven;t even seen him on the bench. Let's go after him he even trained with FC Barca for a while. Hunter and Cue please read this.

17. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    true.

its not like i want claudio, but only if i had to choose between xavier and him.

18. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    1+

:confused:

19. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Lillingston has been officially signed. Jamie Franks left camp yesterday. Abel Xavier SUCKS!!!:D

20. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    X had some time off, probably has fresh legs, and may just show enough to get himself an offer sheet..... and I (am I alone again?) hope he does. I think he's still got some game in him. From what I saw from him with the Gals, he's gonna be fairly solid, be strong in the air, and make some nice solid plays. Of course, he's also going to look old, slow, and lost at times but come on, don't we all? And I can't wait for that first stupid, wicked, dangerous, flagrant, but fun to watch foul.

He's a character, and he'd be a good fit for this club. If we sign him, I bet he's a fan favorite by mid-May.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xavier is bad for MLS. Let that dude retire in some other league on some other club's Injured Reserves list.

I'd be down with Kikin, but what signs are there that he will give a crap once he's here?

22. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes you say he'd be a good fit for our club? He's a head-case, a dirty player, and has attitude problems. The guy's just looking for a paycheck.

Strikes me as the type of player Preki hates. Don't see this one working out well.

23. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Head case, dirty player, attitude problems - still sounds like he'll fit in well. And I think Preki likes anyone who hails from above 30 degrees N latitude. I doubt X will be around here very long, but if he is.... just saying.... I think he'll do well.

24. elchivamayor

elchivamayor Member

Mar 6, 2008
    NORTH HILLS
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    xavier is not going to stay dont worry

the only spot left is going for one of this 3 players diego scotti mid, bojan mid, or mariano trujillo def i will take any of this 3 guys they all play very good i think we need trujillo more because have of the defense is injured

25. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happend to Zully Ledesma? What happend to the palyers that guadalajara promised to send when they took Panchito? :confused::confused: