Alert: The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 26, 2012.

1. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    5 goals wow. I didnt watch the game. What happened there ? Bologna is 12th and have absolutely nothing left to play for. Maybe they lacked motivation ? Anyway it is pretty impressive. Congrats to Klose but he still shouldnt play in the world cup. He will be 36. Just stick with Thomas up front.

2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I say take him to the world cup, he retires afterwards anyway.

bayern15 repped this.
  3. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we had a fully fit and firing Klose for the WC, he would be my undisputed starter. However, it remains to be seen whether he can be relied upon to maintain that fitness.

bayern15 repped this.
  4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's why he should be our plan B until we get to the tourney and our plan A hits a roadblock.

5. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Pretty much this, cant trust Klose for a 2 week tournament anymore. And Mueller up front would be good to try, hopefully he gets to play some minutes there for Bayern at some point.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has on several occasions this season. Mostly in the final 10-15 minutes of a match. I hope Pep experiments with him as a CF more often. I believe that is his best position.

CanStriker repped this.
  7. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Speaking of striking options, Podolski started up front for Arsenal today and scored a brace. He looked comfortable playing as a CF in the PL, but is still hampered by that same knock from 4 months ago and may require minor surgery this summer. I think if he fits in anywhere in our current 4-2-3-1 setup, starting or bench, it will be at CF.

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want Klose to be our plan B though. I'd love to see him take fat Ronaldo's record and he's a good old hat to have with a group that's still as young as ours.

9. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone follow Holtby at Spurs? I followed him through January until he left Schalke. He would probably play 2nd fiddle to anyone we currently have in the AM trident but still I like his style of play

10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holtby is pretty much dead in the water as an NT prospect at this point. Gündôgan and Kroos got everything covered at CM, and we got AMs pouring out of our ears. Draxler has really come into his own and stepped up, and I bet the majority of Schalke fans will be saying "Holtby who" come next season. He's old enough that people know his ceiling pretty well, and it is my opinion that that ceiling ain't good enough.

11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's silly, Holtby could still well be our second best box to box'er. No one really knows what his ceiling is because we still don't even know what position he plays. He flourished for Schalke as a ten this year but in england has been far more combative and plays a more traditional midfielder role. If he keeps developing in that direction why can't he beat out Lars Bender for the role backing up Sami?

Now he racked up a bunch of Jones like bookings and couldn't...what the ******** is the english for "durch setzen"?...offensively as he was trying too hard to fit in as a complimentary guy just passing it around, when Tottenham needed him to give them more creativity.

12. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

He hasn't really started all that often. Hasn't scored a goal, the kid has talent, the question is whether or not he can shine for Spurs next season. He's 22 now, and his development is highly contingent with whether or not he can play for tottenham next season, start every game and show that he has some game in him. He hasn't scored or assisted much for them, but best of luck to him.

13. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Honestly, if I were Holtby, I would have chosen England, they seem to be running out of younger players and I honestly don't believe he can push out ozil, gotze or anyone else from starting 11. Maybe he can fight with Kroos, since Gundogan is now really pushing for a starting position with the national team, next to Schweini.

14. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Where is Kirsten19 ? I wanna talk to him about Draxler's positioning/movement inside the box and execution/finishing for that 3rd goal. It was a world class tap-in.

15. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The same could be said about ter Stegen and his goal.

Kirsten19, bayern15 and Cris 09 repped this.
  16. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid