"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought it was Zidane who wanted him and the club was like nah, not for that price.

Heck I think Zidane wanted him just so to have one more body to put between James and the field.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If:
    - He stays healthy
    - Zizou gives him enough trust and playing time in his best position.

The 2nd point seems to be a given since Zidane asked for him to be brought back, so I hope he stays healthy and fit for the majority of the season.

Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought it was the other way around

That Zidane blocked the transfer

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You thought wrong.

PigBenis, Drouchk, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well then what was the basis for those daily transfer rumor because I'm fairly certain Flo has little to no interest in a player like Donnie Van der Beek.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whoever still believes the myth that all transfer targets arrive to the club via Florentino Perez cosigning them or not is either still a child or thinks like one.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why did you even give him a valid response?

As if Zidane even cared VdB existed. He was the one who kept us from that nightmare.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If anyone believes Real Madrid spends €50M on a player and Florentino doesn't greenlight that they can't even begin to reach the level of a child's reasoning.

Serengeti_Boy and Drouchk repped this.
  11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we all know Flo didn't wouldn't have been involved with signing Van der Beek unless or until the price became what was quoted in the press.

We know Flo doesn't would get involved otherwise.

If neither Flo or Zidane inquired into the player then how in the heck did he become a daily transfer rumor.

I'm inclined to believe Zidane was interested and Flo vetoed the transfer due to the transfer price. Logically, it makes sense.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think it's also childish to think that a transfer of that magnitude isn't signed off and given the seal of approval by a president that's heavily involved in every matter of the club.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mostly for financial reasons. I doubt somebody sits around and shows Florentino youtube clips. Maybe Zidane tells him about why he's interested in a player but that is pretty much all.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's see him getting more minutes than Vinnie for example before we come out with such statements. I seriously doubt he will have such impact without a starting role in the lineup.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Imagine thinking a president as hands on as Florentino who loves the game; doesn't watch scouting clips, read reports or listen to complete breakdowns and analysis of potential transfers which cost significant money?

I mean, that level of reasoning makes average children look like geniuses... unless the person's point is Florentino is a dullard who knows little to nothing he sometimes signs off on.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    At the very least he is reading a player report compiled by the scouting department or having a verbal conversation with the manager or scout. To think that Florentino hears about transfers to his club in the newspaper or through the club website is absurd.

If the point had been made that Florentino doesn’t argue for or against smaller transfers too hard then I could understand but that wasn't it. Just the thought of Florentino looking at his phone and seeing a notification that Real Madrid have signed Marco Asensio makes me laugh.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He has a google alert on "comunicado oficial" just like the rest of us. This is when he found out about Vinicius.

[​IMG]

ahnaf, PigBenis, Eddie and 11 others repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Flo defenitely watches those YouTube compilations. [emoji23] He knew Neymar was the real deal when he was only 13 and would have completed the move if not for the resignation after Arsenal defeat.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Obviously he has the Youtube app on his phone back then.... or maybe he doesn't and he just randomly picks names from a hat then screams "fichado!" like he's playing yahtzee.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a matter of fact... didn't that transfer go down because Flo got a text message from tennis legend and Madridista Rafael Nadal who recommended Asensio. IIRC, the whole deal went down in one day with a couple of phone calls.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He’s watching and learning from the master.

BjornH, Deep Pal and Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

25. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah a much better team performance 4-0. So very happy with Ødegaard this evening. :)

madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.