"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7Bilal

7Bilal Red Card

Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take him back. We don't need him.

Ananas repped this.
  2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why can't you inbred's just be happy for the kid? I hope he succeeds & full fills his talent!! Hope for to him lead us to more trophies.

Every team wanted him, Bayern were willing to pay more from what I read. It is a good signing.

Deep Pal, euon, saadomar and 13 others repped this.
  3. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    From what I could discern on Youtube this kid is eerily similar to Ozil. Almost like his clone. His light jog after passing, dribbling technique, passing and attacking decisions are rather reminiscent of him. Good signing.

Does he have the pressure of being labeled the Norwegian Maradona or anything like that?

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol mate, you really hate this kid huh? I am with you that I wasn't a fan of his father and how everything got handled, and definitely not a fan of the 80K reports (if true), but he is with us now and I wish him nothing but the best. Hope he proves you and I wrong.

5. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The kid is ridiculously talented... I'm excited!

Deep Pal, Ƭяιиιтʏ and CR7PT repped this.
  6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His inventiveness, vision, & calmness on the ball are years beyond his age, making grown men look like fools.

7. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    the jealousy is strong in this one.

4x4s, Crimson, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As I said, he'd better return the investment. If he becomes a good player for this team I will obviously be happy for him, but I'm allowed not to be enamored right now due to all these circumstances.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOLz, you are getting wound up over this kid. Calma...

4x4s, raven3k, gatorchomp and 11 others repped this.
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While I don't believe he is on 80,000, I also don't think his pay will cause any drama esp when this team is historically bringing in players for inflated transfer prices and pay regardless of other team members. It hasn't caused any visible issues so far esp on this particular team.

11. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm reading now 30k per week....

12. Ananas

Ananas Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is a Youtube star, just like a certain someone in another team

13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This kid wil do well. Welcome to Madrid.

raven3k and CR7PT repped this.
  14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wasn't expecting someone to answer @Eddie 's question by opening with how mentality and strong work ethic are one of his strong points, that's great to hear as a fan and very admirable for someone who is essentially still a kid. I think I want to watch Norway's next game now, and I hate international breaks :D

Eddie repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't mean to insult him or us signing him with my question, i've honestly seen very little of him and i was just wondering what all the clubs saw in him.

From a couple of videos i noticed he's calm and very good at dribbling. He seems very weak physically though, can't blame him for that since he's 16 lol.

Doni, temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's true but IMO, thats where the real risk lies in signing "the next big thing". Kids can be supremely talented and have a great mindset too, but if their physical development stalls or doesn't grow to a level that allows them to compete on the highest level professionally.... well, there's nothing anybody can do about that.

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, you could give them hormones. Never mind, studies have shown that he might still end up as a frail midget and side effects might lead to throwing up on the field.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, CR7PT and 6 others repped this.
  18. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I was hoping someone would respond to my post with that. :D

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably doesn't help that he isn't Brazilian.:D

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not talking about Hendrix here, but I really do hate how only talents from certain countries get attention. Up until recently, Colombians had to prove themselves beyond the norm while young talents from the usual suspects got a pretty easy route to Europe.

I'm actually glad that thus kid is from Norway and still getting respect

21. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome kiddo, hopefully you pan out, seems like we really had to sweeten the pot to get you. Regardless if he lives up to his potential in the future, low risk move. We've paid significantly more for established talents who never were able to make it here.

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #72 saadomar, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    I'm on the fence on this guy. Hopefully it pans out for all parties. Glad to ward off Bayern and it's creepy sporting director though. Always feels good to show who the "prime destination" is. Every footballer in their right minds want to play for Real Madrid. Very few, if any, other clubs can rep that.

23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #73 saadomar, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Reminds us about our own Number 7 when he was younger. If he has even 80% of the drive and work ethic of CR7, He has the potential to be one for the future. The raw talent and the support is already there. The ball is on Martin's pitch. The problem with "too much and too soon" is that it makes it hard for these kids to stay grounded and humble. In those respects, he has the perfect role models in Gareth and James.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He reminds me of Laudrup.. Will he be as good as the Danish footballer remains to be seen.

25. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Laudrup played football today, he would be considered an average footballer. The skill set, and physical conditioning of top players in the game have developed.