The Nick petition

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Dan R, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    We did it in 1999, and it helped get Charlie. Let's try again, who knows, it might just work. Please forward this to any ex-Metro fans that you know as well.

Why? Because if you care, you are one of the few who is left.

http://www.metrofanatic.com/mf/other/petition.jsp

2. cjschlos

cjschlos Member

Jan 21, 1999
    New York
    Signed...this is important

3. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    I added a comments box to the petition, but please be civil. Also, if your family members go to the games as well (or just agree with you), get them to sign. The more, the better.

4. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

done so

5. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    I'm convinced, I'll sign

6. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Signed ofcourse... In a way I kinda feel bad for Nick. But that aside, this team needs a real fresh start.

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Thanks Dan, signed. I really want a team here to succeed, be a part of the general sports fabric of the metro area, and be a rallying point for those of us who put soccer at #1 of our sporting interest. The metrostars, I'm sorry to say, have totally, totally failed at doing this.

8. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signed

WHen can I meet him face to face?

Also - mind if I send it to fans of other teams - there really a lot of people who want to see him fired for the good of MLS.

Or would that be seen as counterproductive.

9. b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Alphabet City
    Done and forwarded.

PS
    Not that Metro players make much or that we'd ever get a dime back from the MFO, but you gotta like the style... Pissed off fans everywhere unite!

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3152020

10. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I don't think we deserve anythng back, but we can choose not to support the team financially until changes are made. If you pay, in part, you are giving them your blessing to continue down this road.

11. gwebster

gwebster New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Bethany, CT
  12. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    I signed. I actually had to erase a lot because I exceeded 200 characters. Go figure.

13. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    185 signatures so far. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Get your friends to sign!

14. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can this be posted on the MLS board too, ? i think there are a lot of people who would sign it even if not metro fans

15. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, please do. This is not just a Metrostars issue, but very important for the entire league. I would even suggest starting a Soccer Silicon Valley style effort, if anyone has got the bandwidth. The front office owes you guys clear, direct communication about what's going on.

16. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    I really don't think they'll care as much about signatures from DC or LA fans. But if someone wants to post it on the MLS board, go ahead.

We got 258 signatures so far. NEED MORE.

17. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    If you put a dollar amount on each signature, it'll cost the team aprox. $340 if someone doesn't renew their Metromembership. So, if we get 300 signatures, that's $100,000 in lost revenue. Now, they know and we know that if Nick does come back, most of those who signed will still go to the games, so I think you can comfortably half the $100,000 to about $50,000.

Will they care about losing $50,000 next season? Maybe, maybe not. If we bump that number up a bit, it'll at least get them thinking.

In the end, I think 300 signatures is pathetic. If 5000 fans regularly attend a given Metro game, we should at least be able to find 500 fans that hate Nick. Email any Metofan you know and give them a link to the petition.

DC and New England Fans should sign the petition. They can comment that they will not travel 5 hours to a Metro game if Nick is in charge. You'll just wait till the ESC comes to your stadium to experience the "Fan Rivalry". It's better in your stadium anyway.

If we're desperate to make this happen you have to throw everything you can at them.

18. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
  19. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one about La Doce kills me. Just ********ing kills me.

20. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Will the petition be formally submitted to the Metro ownership?

21. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I signed it, and I'm not listed among those who signed. The list must be way behind the curve right now.

We need as many signings as possible,then get a copy to AEG. Big numbers impress them.

22. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
  23. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    bump, if you're on the fence, sign it.

24. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok what would you people give to have a Gm like Fire's Peter wilt? Your best players, your right arm?

25. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    I would send everyone of our players into a dispersal draft like the one for Miami and Tampa Bay. Then, I would ask for MLS to give us the allocations an expansion side would use. Then, I would buy season tickets-because we will have a quality side, and our own stadium within a few years.