The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal, Excape Goat, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Ronaldo is one big boy.

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can tell that Carlo doesn't like it because he ignored it with other players but didnt let it slide with Rodrygo.

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Rodrygo is also young. He is correcting the behavior

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Yeah, he’s telling some young kid to no disrespect his seniors and his manager.

Carlo won’t let a young kid do that.

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can actually see Rodrygo asking for a move at some point if he continues to be just a squad player. I would also be irritated at seeing a central midfielder being played out of position which happens to be mine. Granted I don't think he earned the right to be an undisputed starter here, but at the same time he could be a lot more important figure in pretty much every other team in Europe. So if he's offered a salary raise and a fixed starter position from a Premiership club, not sure his love for Madrid will keep him here. He's a national team player and his ego has also expanded in the last period. I wouldn't be happy to see him leave, but if he fetches a 100+ million fee, I would have to admit he is replaceable in the current setup.

Deep Pal and Seoul Villan repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If he wants to be more than a squad player he needs to show more growth and be more consistent.

Without this he is just throwing tantrums... which when has seen the veterans do it successfully? You can't blame him that much

PigBenis, ImadEdd, boeder and 5 others repped this.
  9. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I’ve always felt that he’s likely to leave. He’s not quite panned out to expectations and has not developed fast enough here to be a full blown starter. Mainly because his best position is occupied by Vinny and hes been unable to grow into a CF.

10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Well when Valverde is ahead of you then he should just get his head down and work harder than what he’s done up to now, be consistent and be that player.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo already works pretty hard. All Im saying is he knows he would be a regular starter elsewhere and could get a raise. So if ManU comes with an offer he might want to join Casemiro. Or Chelsea the way they throw money at everyone. I may be just overthinking from his bust up with Ancelotti, so I hope it will not come to that, because first we are already thin there, and second, I really think the kid has it, just needs a little more time.

Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Honestly, if a good offer comes for him we should sell. He’s not going to be a starter here. A high level squad player at best, but he’s going to want to start somewhere else.

ImadEdd repped this.
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would only sell Rodrygo if we replace him with Salah. I don't see anybody else there who would really transform the team (apart from a certain greedy turtle, but Im in team never Mbappe)

The other possibility is Bellingham coming which means Valverde switching full time to the RW in order to have the dream quartet with Tchouameni and Camavinga starting. This is probably the likeliest scenario, Rodrygo leaving being part of the endgame. Which is, money gets stashed, Arribas gets promoted, and we have Asensio lol

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you are overthinking this.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    It's sad how we don't have a powerful right side ever since Bale declined, and with Dani declining it has gotten worse, this is one part of the field we need to look to improve drastically.
    That being said, Rodrygo definitely needs a longer rope to prove himself, he has done enough to show he deserves that, he was clutch during the CL run, and the talent is there for all to see.

Lyra repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hopefully Rodrygo won't be sold and has a long and successful career at Madrid, the boy can play, right now he's the closest thing we have to Benz in terms of his football, a joy to watch play, well to me at least, he has everything , just needs some consistency

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. IMO he has the highest ceiling of anyone in our squad. Who knows if he’ll get there.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Tbh I sorta feel RW is playing Rodrygo out of position. I like him centrally or on the left more.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not going to be a fashionable opinion here but Rodrygo is not that good, to be honest.

Seoul Villan and ImadEdd repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Unlike Odegaard who barely got a look in ahead of Isco, Rodrygo is getting a lot of minutes. So it's upto him to make it count. To be a guarenteed starter at RM, you gotta put up numbers similar to what Vini did last season.

Am I worried that he'd be off to a PL club? He's already started 18 games for RM this season. Not like a top PL club would gift him starting spot if he's not consistent either. Carlo took him off because he was poor in last game.

21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He has a very good engine and is great off ball movement. He really needs to develop himself on the ball. Doesn't take on players enough, neither can he play his back to goal good enough to play centrally.

Wouldn't give up on him yet. But I don't see how he can demand more playing time with the output he is having. Although I like that he has that ability to come up with the clutch goal more often than other players.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this team is one star attacking talent short for the club to start sending one of those golden talents to the moon.

The work is never over when playing at this level. The competition is next to you, at all times.

23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Easier said than done in this market. Those star players are way to few and practically impossible to get now.

All bets are on Calafat to find the next big thing.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Problem for Rodrygo is what position does he play?

he is not a true 9 nor a true winger

He seems best as a second striker like Griezmann but not many top teams use that role

Deep Pal, Lyra, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  25. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This. He prefers a position we don't use unfortunately. If we promote Arribas he is going to be in the same boat imo.

Deep Pal, Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.