The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. There has been no statement from anyone at the club (president, manager etc.) even alluding to that. If you say "we are not counting on him next season" or something along those lines it would be clear.

2. Not only we didn't get another backup striker (which would make it clear to Mariano where he is) but we didn't even show interest in anyone, giving him the impression that we are happy with him.

3. We failed to anticipate what will happen with him and therefore missed the opportunity to put him on the market years ago when the interest would have been greater. The club is averse to squad turnover as a principle.

4. Probably most important - we don't believe in having a competition for places/true rotation

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mariano didn't want to leave when we signed 60 M Jovic with Benzema already at the club as our best scorer in 2019. It's naïve to think he would leave this summer when he was willing to waste his prime years on the bench lol. We could have signed Kane and Lewandowski alongside Benz and Mariano would still be happy to warm the bench and collect his 4.5 ME nett living in his Madrid mansion.

4x4s, ImadEdd and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, its a truly strange situation with Mariano. But I do see the club as enabling of this type of behaviour. Being loyal and family-like towards the players is a two edged sword; it could lead to greater attachment and motivation by the stars, but its easily exploited by surplus players which you then are forced to tolerate.

A bit of ruthlessness would be nice to see from the club. That means more resolution when kicking out the deadwood, but also forcing the players to compete for places.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Loan to Bayern :p

5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Nice cop out. :ROFLMAO:

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club facilitated a move to Lacio, their officials confirmed it, we were even covering the difference in wages but his agent came out saying "Mariano will succeed in Madrid!" defiantly. It's safe to say that he wants to sit out his contract at this point.

He's going to take the next best offer from Spain next summer and retire on it.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mariano has a contract and he won't leave. Perez cannot do anything about it. So it is not being loyal toward the players. This is strictly a legal obligation. Jovic at least accepted a loan move. Mariano just wants the pay cheque.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We gave out Jovic for free and it still proved profitable for the club. He's completely disappeared.

Deep Pal, Excape Goat and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As 4x4 said, its not just the money. He is also being pampered and he enjoys that. Who pampers him? The club. We criticize other clubs for being assholes towards their players (ex. Barca with Braithwaith) but it gets the job done and then hardly anyone remembers what happened. This is a serious business, so being assholes is part of the game. But the club's philosophy prevents it to tell a guy like Mariano that he will not be called up for games, or that he will be moved to the second team (something along the lines).

The club is known for being soft; Casemiro said he wants to leave, we fulfill his wish two days later. Of course this is the "positive" side of its philosophy, but it spills over to cases like Mariano (or Asensio, Bale, Hazard...)

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This stuff is a fairy tale though. We signed Tchouaméni and let Casemiro go. The only reason the club communicated this as a shock is because it sounds better to the fans.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What could Perez have done if the player refuses even a loan move? Send his lawyer to see Mariano, and if he disagrees, put a horse head in his bed? I don't mean Horse Head, our RMBS member.

12. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lulz

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know if this is Nike's main commercial in Brazil, but Rodrygo is the main man.

J-Mezzy, Savior, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The boy player at 14 seconds is probably Endrick. He is featured in this ad, but I could not tell.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal, Doni, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    These legit assists? Or are they counting penalties won?

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Penalties won not included in assists. 2 assists vs El Che, 1 vs Shakhtar, 1 vs Espanyol and 1 vs Mallorca. He won three penalties (vs Barca, RB and Celtic) and converted all 3 from the spot.

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

J-Mezzy, Digital, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So I guess this means Valverde will fully transition to RW and we are going all in for Belingham in midfield. I like Rodrygo more on the wing where he can get the ball deep and to his feet, dribble and cross, but if someone is a good scorer its hard to argue to have him further from goal just to have more entertainment.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We need a true RW
    Valverde is a CM, and that’s his best position.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Are we sure about this?

He is playing at such a high level in that fluid right wing/RCM role that he’s been touted as one of the best players in the world currently. Hard to think he’ll play better at CM.

S1na and Anon. repped this.
  24. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Valverde skillset has predisposed him to be better at RW. I don't think he's good enough defensively to be one of a midfield three with what our current lineup is. His buildup play is fine but not outstanding.

I've always thought Rodrygo should be an SS or a striker. He has a good final touch and good movement. He's restricted on the right. He's really not that fast for a young professional athlete at an elite club in the sport. Not fast enough for the hyper focus on speed and athleticism in the current state of the game. He brings other virtues to the table. I see Rodrygo's skillset to be similar to Raul.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It’s not even a pure RW role as we all can see. It’s a hybrid. And that’s where Fede’s unique skill set seems to be a perfect fit for this particular team and it’s midfield and LW dominated play.

J-Mezzy repped this.