The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He’s finding himself playing through the center, as long as we don’t stick on the RW we should see him produce week in and week out.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whoever we'd sign as a substitute for anything under a 9 digit fee would be doing worse right now.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I don't get it.

4. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We cant replicate his numbers with any signing under 100,000,000 euros.

5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Oh but Rodrygo is the starter. 4x4 is referring to signing a 9 digit substitute which doesn't even make sense.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Liverpool signed this Darwin kid for a fortune and he's out there seriously struggling. Rodrygo is doing wonderful. Whenever the team is looking for solutions, looking at our own should be the first option to directly looking at the market the way some fans constantly do.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Darwin Núñez is a Eden Hazard type of bad signing

Eden is the worst of all time of course, but man he is doing terribly out there.

8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Well who said we wanted a nine digit substitute?

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its revisionism as usual. We wanted a quality rotation option and an upgrade on Asensio. There were dozens of these in Europe who are far from a nine digit price.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tell me how they're doing right now because it's transfer bust watch season and the list is already full.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Better than Asensio.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you have not one name to mention but deflect to Asensio. You're a waste of words and time.

Serengeti_Boy and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Asensio is a backup who will be lucky to get 500 minutes this season. I would not spend a penny to upgrade on Asensio. Would be waste of money and roster space especially considering that it would push Fede and Cama further down in pecking order.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its not a deflection, its the whole point. I'm not going to get drawn into the same shit again, especially not with a disingenious question like that. How players are doing now at another club is irrelevant when we're discussing how they would have done at Madrid. Its a basic counterfactual.

But just to take your bait and use it to make an example, two players that I believed would be perfect to compete with Rodrygo for the starting spot on the right wing, Doku and Fekir, have had injuries from the beginning of the season. Would they have had the same injuries at Madrid with the different training and medical methods here, no one can know.

If a better player than Asensio was there that would not be the case and we don't know how that would affect overall minute distribution. What we know is that the team as a whole would be better. We're not supposed to have passengers like Asensio and Mariano among the 21-22 man squad.

In fact, I'd rather new striker every year as a backup and then sell them in the summer if hes not happy with being backup, than having Mariano chilling for years.

But then when you take into account Ancelotti's distaste for using a full squad, its clearly by design.

15. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    People have to understand we already have Asensio upgrade in Fede and Rodrygo. only way for me to buy a rw was if he was a starting quality level.

PigBenis, YOUNGSTARS87, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  16. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    You suggest buying a backup striker every year but still dont want Mariano and Asensio. with your logic we would have 5 Marianos and 5 Jovics every season.

PigBenis, YOUNGSTARS87, Umar and 3 others repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You could simply list the kind of guys that we didn't sign and others did and performed good enough to justify it but instead you type all this load of bollocks that I'm not going to waste my time to read.

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Just here to say this guy is the real deal. Perfect Benzema replacement and can play LW and RW

19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I'm still waiting on the poster who said he wanted to sign a nine digit substitute forward.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any kind of bozo suggested this summer costs upwards of 50 to 60 mil. Euro and hasn't even come close to outperforming Rodrygo.

The players that truly improve us go for market shifting prices.

REALFOREVER repped this.
  21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You don’t understand. (Obviously you’re some kind of simpleton).

He would get them in on 1 year contracts with a club option for a second year (ideally on one third of their existing salary) so that we could sell them for a handsome profit at the end of every season.

The point being made is, someone like Mbappe (and Haaland) would have been worth spending big money on to upgrade the RW/CF position. Anyone else and you're spending tens or even hundreds of millions with no discernible improvement over the existing options in the squad.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Unless mathematics has been altered by aliens, I don't think 50 to 60 million consists on this 9-digits sub you speak of.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Plus salary?

24. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can't sell anyone if you get them on a one year contract.

I said I would rather experiment with backup strikers, see if a player does well and feels well in his role, and then keep him or sell him accordingly. That does not mean when you buy a player, you tell him you get shipped off next season. It means the same deal as anyone else - hell, if you perform extremely well, you might even get the starting spot.

What it doesn't mean is keeping someone like Mariano for five years, because "we're fine with him on the bench" and therefore not actively trying to push him out. Because every year when youre doing this, the player becomes more complacent, less willing to prove himself, and his value plummets.

Mariano didn't start out as Mariano of today after coming back from Lyon, he became that because buying someone else is just not worth it. And of course, another Jovic might happen again so lets not do anything.

You think being ironic makes him smart, and that making the same joke about Hazard's salary for the millionth time makes you funny. But it doesn't. Yes, I would rather have Hazard for a smaller salary in the next 2-3 years, than have him do a Mariano the next one year on his current salary. And I think the club should try to prevent that by sitting down with the player and offering him a renewal on different terms. If he doesn't see how much his value dropped and would rather run out his contract, then play for some shit club in a year, for the same salary we offered him, then nothing changes. Except we see what kind of character he is really.

All I want is for the club to be more proactive and dynamic. But sure, keep laughing.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How do you know we're not "actively trying to push him out"?