The New York Liberty

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by I am Joe², Aug 30, 2002.

1. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    Thats right the New York Liberty of the WNBA are in the Finals. Do i care? not at all, but the amount of press they have been recieving makes me wonder. They've been all over the news and the papers for making the finals. Now since many regard MLS w/ the WNBA both being up and coming leauges and what not, when the metros make it to the cup will they recieve this same sort of coverage?
    I doubt it.

2. elephantstone

elephantstone Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Harrisburg, PA
    I'm way more worried about actually making the Cup than the resulting coverage.

3. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    But Steve Jolley Guarantees it

4. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBA is behind the WNBA .....

Its all about the Benjis

5. mscheffel

mscheffel New Member

Jul 29, 1999
    NJ, US
    Women's bball is still bball, the 3rd most popular spectator sport in the country (I still refuse to acknowledge NASCR, even if they put a track at the Meadowlands).

Course, if the Metros actually got that far, with Clint Mathis being poster child, I think we would get great press. Especially against Donovan and the SJE.

6. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    I'm sure the Metros would get some good coverage. Even if it's some local sportscaster who doesn't know a thing about the sport.

...And, I'd rather see Donovan and Mathis get more press coverage than any WNBA players.

UUGH! Those women are so ugly, they could make an onion cry.

7. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    As an avid bball fan i have to disagree just for the sake of diagreeing.

8. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY

and both suck, what's your point???

I can't wait until the NBA pulls the plug on the WNBA when they go on strike soon...:)