The New Thrill --Yeste

Discussion in 'Basque Clubs' started by Bilbao2Brooklyn, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    Seems Yeste is getting alot of buzz lately.

excerpted from Phill Balls espn article:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=315050&cc=5901

This weekend also saw Athletic Bilbao draw 1-1 with leaders Barça, in a thumping game. Athletic, true to their tradition of hustling the giants, ran and hounded Rijkaard's side for ninety minutes, and presented to the world the latest representative of their particular lineage, Fran Yeste.

As with Madrid, someone always comes along at Bilbao, and as policy dictates no alternative, he is always a local. Yeste is a gem of a player, who apart from scoring a spectacular equaliser gave a demonstration of why he is Spain's most highly-rated young player.

But it's not just the skill and the vision. Yeste is the new Julen Guerrero, only better and even more aggressive. Shame about the haircut, but he would seem to be the new focus for Athletic, a new hero with all the right qualifications.

2. Bilbao Lion

Bilbao Lion New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Bilbao
    Yeste es un ******** crack :D

I hope we can keep him here for a long time.

3. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    yeah, Yeste's cool:) he reminds me of Kaka or Frank Lampard..creative, technical & a great shot...and i don't mind his hair at all:D

i must say, i've fallen for Bilbao a bit this season.

4. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    Just took a look at Ball's article, and was before Yeste really played well.

He is playing really well, very comfortable with the ball, creating chances. We thought he could play this way, but he seemed to always fade or give the ball away.

My fear is that this does not last, and he can't keep up the consistency.