The New Generation of Superstars

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by botch, Jan 8, 2007.

1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I totally agree with you. He's underrated.

2. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    How old is RVP again?

3. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    heres several }not all{
    From each top latin american country

andres guardado from atlas-mex
    rodrigo palacio from boca-arg
    nilmar from sao paolo-bra

5. guizot

guizot New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm jumping on the Klaas Jan Huntelaar bandwagon. That's some kid to keep an eye out for.

6. StarStopper

StarStopper Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Sulley Muntari -LCM- Udinese

Wants to play in the EPL but had a £12 million transfer offer from Portsmouth rejected by Udinese. Possible transfer to AC Milan pending.

7. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    What was skillful was how he made contact with the ball in such an akward position. What was luck was how he made it go in.

Now if you are saying that RVP "knows" how to score goals like this, then how come he hasn't done it multiple times already?

And if you are thinking Ronaldo hasn't scored some absolutely fantastic goals, rivaling those of this luck shot, you haven't watched football at all for the last 3 years.

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gotta love the fanboys...

He never said Van Persie is a better, more talented and skillful player than Ronaldo. And he never said Ronaldo doesn't score goals that require talent and skill either.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Actually he did. Scroll up, page down. Read from the begging of the debate.

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused: ??

He admitted Ronaldo was the better player currently.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No...there are 2 different posters. One is sensible, the other is unrealistic.

12. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    And the fanboy argument could easily go both ways considering he is dutch and is arguing for RVP.

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I'm not Dutch and I agree.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    With what exactly?

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With what johan has been saying.

16. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    I don't think enough attention is being given to defenders in this thread. I'll just name a few to start with:

Left backs
    ----------
    1. Marcelo
    18 years old, but already a full Brazil international. Very skilful and tricky and packs a powerful shot with the left foot.

2. Philipp Lahm
    Already very established, but still has much ahead of him. Has mastered the art of cutting inside and unleashing unstoppable shots.

3. Gareth Bale
    Seemingly appearing out of nowhere, this guy has one hell of a free kick. His kicks swerve and dip in ways you can only imagine.

Right backs
    -----------
    1. Daniel Alves
    Dominates the right wing whenever he plays. Possesses tenacity, power and excellent crossing ability.

2. Micah Richards
    Amazingly strong for his young age, one of those who seem to have matured way before his time, at least physically. ;)

3. Rafinha
    Strong, aggressive, hardworking, and loves to break forward with speed.

4. Emanuel Eboue
    Looks a class act. A very tight marker, and excellent at going forward.

Central defenders
    1. Per Mertesacker
    Has already been mentioned. He's so composed and assured that you forget he's only 22.

2. Sergio Ramos
    One of maybe 2 players playing well at Real Madrid. This guy has the potential to be huge. Plays with an excellent attitude, strong in the tackle, and has good passing ability.

3. Vincent Kompany
    An athletic defender, with excellent anticipation. Look forward to seeing more of him when he moves to a bigger club.

4. Alexis
    Not many may know this guy, but i think he's class. An accomplished young defender who's also good in the air, it shouldn't be long before a big team comes knocking. Just hope it will be Madrid.

5. Nemanja Vidic
    Ok maybe he's not so young anymore but he's a defender so what does it matter. This guy is really bloody good, I have to feel sorry for any forward who goes up against him.

6. Andrea Barzagli
    Another not so young anymore defender, this guy's got huge boots to fill in the Italy National team. His performances for Palermo have been excellent this season however.

Do add anyone that i have missed out on.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Look, I recognise the talent that is Ronaldo and even said he's the better player right now. But most people in the ManU, and no-one in the Portuguese camp will even admit to Van Persie being talented. And again, if you can't appreciate Van Persie's talent, then you're either completely clueless about football or you simply don't like football much and you're just into the hero worshipping of a specific player, club or country.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You don't read my posts very well, that's all I've to say to that. And yes I will stick with my earlier argument that Van Persie is the more naturally technically gifted player out of the two.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    How many Ronaldo threads are there currently on this board? A hundred? And you're accusing me of bigging up a Dutch player? What do you suggest, dedicating every single thread on every single board to Ronaldo?

20. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    You're forgetting Urby Emanuelson. More of a leftback than Marcelo, who really is more of a midfielder. Marcelo's a bit of a Davids-like player.

21. botch

botch New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Barca/Melbourne/B.A
    Sergio Ramos is more effective as a Right back

22. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    And I have never not recognized the talent of Van Persie. But saying that that specific shot was all talent is rediculous. Talent is something you can pull out 100% of the time. If it was all talent, he should be able to take similar balls and put them away in the same manner every single time.

And the fact that you claimed Ronaldo hasn't made amazing goals like that one is rediculous. There is a reason why half of Youtube's video clips are about him.

23. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    You? Bigging up a dutch player? NO...

:::walks away in amazement:::

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    If say Jaap Stam scores a goal like that you'd have a point. If you've followed Van Persie's career, you know that that goal of his was pure skill.

And again, the arrogance of the Ronaldo worshippers amazes me. If Ronaldo scores an amazing goal, it's skill. If someone else does, it's luck. I'm really getting sick and tired of all the Portuguese fans who will never admit that a Northern European footballer can be technically gifted too, the way they can never show any respect for the talent of Dutch and English footballers.

25. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im a fan of Ronaldo, but I can admit that Robin Van Persie's shooting and volleying technique are world class. That volley against Charlton was amazing, and while it may have needed a little, just a little luck to go in, the technique was marvelous.