The New Generation of Superstars

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by botch, Jan 8, 2007.

1. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    And Hoyte isn't anything special to begin with.

2. MagicoNr10

MagicoNr10 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    I second that, he's only adept at playing hoofball.

3. botch

botch New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Barca/Melbourne/B.A
    Yeah I saw this guy in the Copa Sudamericana. Amazing. I noticed he is a very 'complete' footballer. Dribbles like Ronaldinho, passes like Zidane, shoots like Ronaldo. Incredible free kicks too.

4. botch

botch New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Barca/Melbourne/B.A
    That Matias Fernandez kid is better than alot of the midfielders you mentioned, Gago too.

5. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then add them to my list.I only put in names which came to me mind.If you have any other then just ADD

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow....Thats when you lose all your credibility.

Ronaldo is alot more technical then Van Persie, as is Robinho as well as Messi.

7. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joelzinho, the biggest fake Ronaldo fanboy on BS saying someone else has lost their credibility while he talks up fake Ronaldo? My oh my.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fake Ronaldo? Is that the same Ronaldo that has 13 goals in the EPL? More then Henry, and your little purse boy?

Honestly, I don't deny that Van Persie is talented, but he is in no way shape or from more "technical" with the ball then Cristiano Ronaldo. Sorry.

Better then Ronaldo, technically....right...whooooooooooosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGUi4mYDL-s

9. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you really going to compare Ronaldo's goal telly to an Henry that was out for how many games, 7-8, in a row?

For someone under the radar, Aimar is ages more ahead than Messi, RVP, or Ronaldo. So is Totti, who does things fake Ronaldo or anyone else can't even think to do.

10. Frost redded

Frost redded Red Card

Jan 8, 2007
    What has matias done NOW? got to the final of the sudamericana where colo colo LOST to mexican pachuca lol. Plus mexican defender corea was on him like gum, listen to the argie announcers. Matias didnt do shit but cry, haha lamer. Matias is chiles savior, watch out world matias is the next ronaldihno. Matias went to villareal, nuff said. Dos santos barcelona, vela arsenal. Please dumbass, dont come with your weak ass hating comments, vela will smoke matias. He will be another forlan and riquelme = medicore. Watch out villareal has matias! lol garbage.

11. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    ...and another one looses all his credibility. :D

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

The difference being that Ronaldo, Messi and Robinho are highly rated and officially recognised as one of the world's best 50 players whereas Van Persie is not.

13. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont think robinho should be there.BTW which official list r u talkin about.Is there any link to that list on a webpage

14. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Robinho, while not in the best form, is one of the most talented forwards around. The fact that Madrid payed way too much for him doesn't change that.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Fifa world player of the year. Check the fifa website or wikipedia.

16. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Getting selected in the list doesn't mean that you're officially recogonised as world's greatest 50 footballers.They are only nominated for their perfomances in with respect to that year

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So your in complete denial then. Because although good, Aimar is not anywhere near what Ronado is doing.

Totti is playing well, and has done some great things. But lets not forget he is also, what 30 years old? Ronaldo is 21....has been the best winger in the Premiership for 2 years running, and this year has a chance to get the best player in the EPL award.

Ronaldo > Van Persie technically...hell, as an overall player.

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The fact that is has not performed in Europe changes that.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Officially recognised by Fifa. But you won't find Van Persie's name in any of the other best footballer of 2006 lists either, while Messi for example, who's hardly played owing to injury over the year, IS included almost always. Make of that what you will, but I conclude from that that Van Persie's potential isn't as highly rated. Which is why I'll keep mentioning him in threads of this ilk.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    While I would agree that Ronaldo is the better player right now, I'm not afraid to argue that Van Persie is the most technically gifted of the two.

21. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    No it doesn't.

22. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not arguing any of them have played better than Ronaldo, so chill out. No one's attacking your boy. Aimar is far more technically gifted than Ronaldo, even if he's not producing, thats all I'm saying.

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here's 22 year old Alessandro Rosina, who will probably be called up to the senior national team for the February friendly vs. Romania"

[youtube]W_CHG8tDQwE[/youtube]

[youtube]SrJY_DKqZzY[/youtube]

[youtube]IBBmmq0ONy8[/youtube]

24. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick, throw out Cassano's name so I don't have to, so I don't look like I'm naming fav players!! Do ittttttttttttttttttt

25. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Antonio Cassano*

* (If he comes back to Italy and finds a team that plays him all the time)