The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    He has a 120M release clause. Was on RM radar in the past.
    I won’t be surprised if tomorrow or after the WC ends, his name will connected to us. PSG almost signed him in the summer. He is really good finisher

2. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Don’t bother with this point. It falls on deaf ears.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marca had an article in the summer that we are following Henrique Araujo from Benfica. Haven't been linked with Ramos so far..

4. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’ll be “linked” to Ramos by the end of the night.

Ramos has all the tools and has been doing this all season, the world just took notice now. Benfica licking their chops.

boeder repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Benfica are still in CL so I reckon they will keep him until the summer while Gakpo will likely be sold to a PL club in January.

6. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Prices are so out of hand now that Benfica will generate more revenue selling Ramos and Enzo this summer than they would winning the entire CL.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, could see them getting 180 ME+ in total for both.

9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m not sure, but I could of course be wrong on Kudus. He’s rated by plenty so it could just be something I’m not seeing.

In terms of centre mids and/or attacking mids, two players who aren’t already Madrid players that rock my boat are Bellingham and Musiala.

The only two Bayern players that I actually liked both ended up playing for us, so by that record Musiala will eventually end up with us as well!

Ssr9 and Shay Z repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Anon. repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Another dub for Madrid over PSG

Deep Pal, Zidane05 and Anon. repped this.
  12. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    They still get the W. We tied up a large portion of our transfer budget on a player who won’t have benefit for 4 years. They drove up the price.

boeder repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a simpleton response. I bet you were mad when we bought Vinicius too. It’s good that fans like you who think so short term don’t run major clubs.

sneakking, petros93, Saeta Rubia and 4 others repped this.
  14. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude, it's not about being mad/angry/against the deal for Endrick. Endrick coming is all good and well but the reality remains he won't play until 2025, and it took Vini 3 years to prove himself. I'll give Endrick the advantage and say he'll shine in 2 years – that's 2027.

Endrick is one for the future. What about the now?

I think it's quite evident that we lack options upfront and need a striker that can play with the first team immediately.

Securing Endrick for the future and filling the glaring forward gap with another capable striker are not mutually exclusive events.

W8W8 repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for explaining the obvious that a 16 year old can’t help us in our matches in the next few weeks. Now would you care to elaborate how signing one of the most hyped prospects out of the Brazilian market in a generation is a win for PSG? Especially a club with our record of success in buying these types of prospects

Yes, we can always use more help now. But it’s idiotic to say it’s a win for another club. Unless you have some sort of undeniable proof we won’t invest in the club again until 2027 lol

sneakking, S1na and Excape Goat repped this.
  16. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    - Next few years** ;)

- No, I will not elaborate on a point I didn't make. :)

- Do you think we will sign another capable striker in the next summer transfer window (assume Endrick is a done deal).

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's the same people doing the same shit.

They're the same ones who were saying Vinicius was shit, bust and we should sell and loan.... same ones talking shit about Benzema... same ones crying about Halaand... same ones.

sneakking, Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  18. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How so?

19. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So will all the people who destroyed him (a 16 year old kid) & his father (a janitor I believe) for "only being interested in money" come out and eat crow for overreacting?

Guy was negotiating with 3 clubs, we've been there before, not sure why there was such a hostile reaction to why he didn't publicly tell other clubs to F off. Negotiation 101.

Some people were dragging his name just a week ago - do they support this signing now?

20. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've mentioned it before, but we should be all over Diogo Dalot. Just 12 months remaining on his contract. Getting better and better and not many RB options on the market.

Fits the makeup of this team going forward.

W8W8, Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  21. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right back cannot be ignored this summer, I don't understand people who still think Carvajal is "solid". He's a fine back-up and squad leader, but he's a shell of his former self, Mbappe ate his lunch last year against PSG.

In our starting XI, can't see any argument that Mendy and Carvajal aren't the weakest links.

W8W8, Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  22. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In a one game knockout I'd still trust Carvajal to perform. He did shut down Luis Diaz in the CL final. But he will be 32 next season playing in the most physically taxing position on the pitch for over a decade. Abundance of hard miles and the wheels are bound to fall off overnight.

Need to find that heir now.

Anon. and natenate101 repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    If your comparison is a RB doing well against Mbappe, you're not going to find a RB to sign.

Digital repped this.
  24. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right on. How dare anyone overreact and accuse Endrick of going after the best financial deal when he was quoted saying this:

It was obvious that this would go to a bidding war

Guess what, we overbid PSG and will pay more for Endrick: €72mil vs €58mil.

Apparently, RM does engage in bidding wars with oil clubs after all

25. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Vinicius came good, but had Hazard not been so shit, he would have been shipped off long ago… Carlo can be the one who turned it around for him.

I’m right that Benz is finished. I predicted exactly what was going to happen this season and everyone here got their pitchforks and torches for saying so and going against the grain for not believing he’s going to carry on at elite level for 2 more years. Keep believing…..

Haaland would have been ideal - but we never made a move and that train has left.

I’m fine with Endrick, but I’m not sold on the hype around him. Great, we got him. But how much time are we going to invest him laying eggs ( like Vinny) to develop? Kid ain’t gonna go on loan. PSG drove up the price. Money is no object to them, to us it does - opportunity cost. We signed a player that handicaps our ability to sign other players in the future.