The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon., Zidane05 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Something tells me that the Frenchman has done worse than the two examples you mentioned and isn’t likely to sign for Madrid even on another 2/3 seasons.

3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Even if it means destroying the locker room? The better player doesn't always equal the better fit. There's red flags all over Mbappe and his entourage.

Not to mention that Vinicius has been our best attacking player this season as well as part of the reason for the success of last season. What justifies going for Mbappe if we know we have and can continue to succeed with our player?

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you think we wouldn't sign Mbappé if the opportunity offered itself you're simply naive.

Florentino wanted to replace Iker with Buffon for quite a while.

Anon., boeder and W8W8 repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    That was 1st galactic generation Florentino. I think he'd pause if he knows it would cause tension that is irreparable.

Excape Goat and Lyra repped this.
  6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know whats more pathetic, chasing a proven liar and money grabber for another half decade, or catering to the whims of a midget Brazilian in his puberty. Doesn't want to play with Haaland lol, where do they get off nowadays?

There is plenty of fish in the sea if you ignore the media hype.

hector_br and Lyra repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are also plenty of lies about people in the press if you're gullible enough to believe all those stories.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1333 Saeta Rubia, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022

ESPN Brazil journo few days back.

"PSG made a joint offer of 80 million euros for Endrick and Estevao, a young footballer of only 15 years. However, Palmeiras have refused. They only want 60 million for Endrick because they believe that Estevao will have the same value as Endrick in 2023".

Do you think you could follow in the footsteps of Rodrygo and Vinicius and succeed at Real Madrid?

"He can play for Real Madrid in the future, but only if Madrid don't reach an agreement with Haaland. Endrick doesn't want that. He has the skills and the ambition to play anywhere."

JFD on Marca has been saying for months that Endrick doesn't want to coincide at a club with Haaland.

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure you can scream fake news and make up your own reality where he is not Mbappay, and you can ignore everything that has been coming from Endrick's camp. But I'm not sure who the gullible one would be in that case.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Real Madrid would sign only wonderful people that want to play for Real Madrid at any cost we wouldn't have a team together.

Also re:Mbappé, we signed Ronaldo after being completely humiliated by Manchester United while they were up and we were down, how easy we forget how everybody made fun of our very public begging for Cristiano back then only for him to sit back, not say a word and let the guy he calls his father unload on Madrid.

It's a business. Grow up.

11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    People experience considerable change in attitude, emotions and goals as they age. Especially in the 20s.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ronaldo pretty much in an interview said he agreed on Blatter's comments that Utd refusing to sell is modern slavery. He got a lot of backlash from pro Utd media in England for that. He also made sure there was an agreement signed between the clubs for his RM transfer next summer in return of accepting to stay for one more season at Utd.

Having said that, it was also a different era. No PSG and City were still a mid table club. There was no club that could have offered Ronaldo 2x salary than RM unlike PSG-Mbappe saga.

.halamadrid2. repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Again, if the opportunity arises to put Mbappé in a Real Madrid kit, it's all forgotten

MiamiNative0722 and W8W8 repped this.
  14. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    #1339 Umar, Dec 5, 2022
    But didn’t do it.

Flo is a hard nosed pragmatist. Kaka rejected us plenty of times and Flo still signed him so Madrid will come calling more than once (or twice) if you’re good enough. And Mbappe is good enough.

But he won’t get what he’s getting at PSG in terms of either finances or the sporting director stuff, and now that Flo has been bitten once during negotiations I don’t think he’ll even pretend to match what PSG are offering Mbappe.

So whilst there might be a deal to be done in the future, I am kinda sceptical as to whether it happens.

Digital, 4x4s and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haaland at 18 wouldn't have gone to a club that has prime Lewandowski either. I don't have any issues if Endrick is thinking like that rather than just about money. Alvarez joined City in January and they got Haaland few months later. Now he's gonna be a super sub at City for years to come before leaving like Gab Jesus did. Benz didn't see Higuain as a long term threat and joined. But Haaland is different level and bench time for any young striker coming to his club is guarenteed.

Excape Goat repped this.
  16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Part of Haaland refusing to join Madrid was because of Benzema.

Anon., Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People can dream about Mbappe because of his performance in Qatar. We all got caught up with the World Cup fever or whatever you called that. Please don't forget that Haaland is sitting at home. He is a s good as Mbappe and he might be the better fit for this team. And I mention his name not because of Endrick.

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no comparison with Ronaldo. He wasn't the one taking a shit on Madrid. We have been chasing Mbappe pretty much since 2017 every summer, and one way or another he finds a way to shit on our heads. Sorry, I don't want another half a decade of the same. As good as he is, there are players who are also similarly good and its just not worth it for me.

Endrick is a kid who has proven literally nothing and if he thinks he is in a position to make these kinds of sporting director demands, its because we led him to believe that. The nerve of a 16 year old to dictate Real Madrid's transfer policy. Kindly feck off please.

We know the ego and entitlement of young people today is through the roof, but the good thing is there are so many of them that you can find someone who has both quality AND a good head on his shoulders.

19. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol so reportedly, one of Endrick's chief "demands" if he comes to Real Madrid is that the club doesn't buy Haaland?

This kid is acting like our Sporting Director. I thought Mbappe was bad..but at least that dude is a proven star..

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doni, Anon., Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

22. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1347 Anon., Dec 5, 2022
    60m Euros, all in, including add-ons, seems almost too reasonable given the interest from PSG.

W8W8 repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Halaand fans in shambles.

Anyways, let's hope Endrick comes and he lives up to every hype. If he doesn't? In four years I'm sure Halaand will be ready for a new adventure :D

ImadEdd and Zidane05 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't believe the anecdote, but it's funny how we should have kicked Benzema (best player on the planet) out for the "possibility" of sining Haaland, but another player not wanting to have his career cross paths with a player not even on the team is a line being crossed.

Açores57 repped this.
  25. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    #1350 Nir_O, Dec 5, 2022
    ImadEdd and Saeta Rubia repped this.