The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    For non oil state owned clubs I feel like there are two main directions, You can either be a financially stable club which can navigate a global pandemic without selling half of itself, buy younger players at comparatively lower costs and also be very disciplined and ready to walk away from players at the risk of not having a squad with any deficiencies or buy 70M players when ever the wind blows and live with the gamble. Can’t really do both.

Anon. repped this.
  2. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Man…I like Bellingham a lot….. Jamal is the One post Modric.

Musiala imo is the best of the young elite midfielders

Insane talent and personality

Pundorikakho, Umar and W8W8 repped this.
  3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    No doubt. Jamal is the real deal. Jude as well. Both are going to be elite. Pedri as well.

Pundorikakho, Anon., W8W8 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Do you think a Tchouameni-Bellingham-Camavinga midfield is creative enough offensively?

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no

Ssr9, Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Musiala is awesome against tight defences. Would love to have him in Madrid.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robben is a player we should have kept. Sneijder went on to have a Balon d' Or caliber season the following year. Calderon era was also the last time we won back to back La Liga's, and that was against a Barca with Messi, Ronaldinho, Etoo and Henry.

Not saying Calderon was perfect, but to claim his term was an unmitigated failure is swinging all the way in the other direction. I mean the man got us Cristiano Ronaldo as a farewell gift.

8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He also brought in Mijatovic as SD?

9. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Which country u from ?

10. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Gvardiol was best player for Croatia today.Without him they would be thrown out of world cup.Already one of best defenders in the world.I would throw 90M€ on him which according to some source leipzig is searching for.Gvardiol,Davies,Gakpo,Endrick+Arribas,Diaz for Galactico 3.0

Aensensen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I liked Arjen, tho he was made of glass. I think Calderon almost bought the entire Dutch NT which people didnt like :D.

Aensensen and ImadEdd repped this.
  12. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thoughts on Doku's performance last night?

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A team with Ronaldo and Robben would have been completely unmanageable, even a team with Müller and Robben was borderline toxic at times.

Digital repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Given Camavinga and Bellingham are far from the finished products, why not? It all depends on who you have in front of them. If you have Vini, Rodrygo, and Endrick they are the perfect players behind them.

Ahmadi8, Anon., S1na and 3 others repped this.
  15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best player on the pitch in just 20 minutes. The only risk about him is his injury proneness. Other than that hes an absolute monster of a footballer.

Raul-7, S1na, boeder and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Ssr9, ahnaf, Aensensen and 12 others repped this.
  17. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A beast of a defender.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eder Militão at RB (Carvajal is beyond cooked) with Rudiger and Gvardiol at CB

Aensensen, lukita and W8W8 repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t imagine us investing that much into Gvardiol unless we find a way to ship out Rudiger or Alaba. Too much salary for one position.

Seems to me like a player that can go to a Chelsea for 3-4 years and then come to Madrid at age 24.

Pundorikakho, Açores57, Doni and 2 others repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, timing doesn’t seem right but would be good to have a young lefty CB for when Alaba wraps up his career. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Doni, Shay Z and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Exactly. Timing isn’t right for him. We have signed an experienced CB two summers in a row. Don’t see us spending money in that area soon now that we have 3 legit starters.

his price is going to go way up after he makes his next move. In 3 years he will cost 80M

ahnaf, Doni, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We already have Vini/Rodrygo/Benz and our current midfield is quite different.

To me, that’s more of a workmanlike midfield as Jude while having a good engine and box to box abilities is still a bit clumsy on the ball. He doesn’t dictate play. Camavinga would have to show a lot more creativity, Plus consistency in terms of dictating play and keeping things ticking along throughout a match. Tchou already makes me feel comfortable though, and he is still adapting. He can play through balls and long balls with ease and seems very calm.

Hate to say it, but I’d like us to find a Pedri-type player to replace Modric. Someone who can break lines when needed, makes the runs into the box while also having the ability to take pops from outside as well and play defense. Camavinga theoretically should be that X-factor in a mid trio of Cama-Jude-Tchou but we just haven’t seen him perform consistently, and comfortable enough in this squad to determine if he is capable of being the main creative force in a midfield. The talent is there but with lack of quality playing time this season, I’m a bit worried about his progression and more importantly his confidence. Hope after the WC break we see a lot more of him.

Instead of chasing Bellingham, I’d actually like us to be on the hunt for more of a play making mid. Kinda what Ceballos should be, though he’s never gotten to the level needed. Kinda like an Odegaard or Kubo type of player.

Ssr9, temesgen, Pundorikakho and 2 others repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree with all this except the idea of a, Pedri like player specifically, creatively maybe, without the ball he's pretty ordinary, too slight, too slow, miles away from Luka in that regard in what i think is an underrated part of Luka's game and generally what made KCM so great, the abilities of ALL three both on and off the ball especially in their prime, however if we settle for just a creative force with Tchou and Cama/Fede knowingly taking on most of the defensive work i guess someone, Pedri like, could be viable

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, I’m with you with regards to Modric being a more sturdy player on the ball and defensively than Pedri. Just feel like Tchou/Cama is more defensive than Tchou/Kroos, so offsetting that with a more attack minded player than Modric would be ok. That said, Modric is a freak so it’ll probably take 2 players to replace him with each having some of his characteristics without his supreme class. Hard to find that elegant, yet tough as nails mid like Luka.

Ssr9, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
  25. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Gvardiol is already worth 80 million euros. He has it all speed strength reads the game well very good passer technically very good on the ball. He’s already world class.

Anon., W8W8, Aensensen and 1 other person repped this.