The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I wouldnt put to much stock into Endrick going to Madrid. He would if he really wanted to.

Aensensen repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I mean let’s see. Vini is a superstar, Rodrygo is a very good player with a trajectory to be a star, Militao is indisputable starter, Fede is a star, and Odegaard isn’t doing too bad. If a scout is hitting 50% of the time that’s pretty good. If he’s doing this well, you should probably listen to him very intently.

S1na, Ssr9, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The ROI on those alone is probably 200M if we sell them tomorrow. It also makes economic sense.

4. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In total? It would be way more than 200m. Vini alone is worth around 200m Euros in this market, and we got him for 40-45M Euros.

Deep Pal and Doni repped this.
  5. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only the most special talent can justify that amount of money. I want Endrick to be that good, but how realistic are we here? Also, talent is worthless when mentality is weak. At 16 his personality and mentality is still only forming. How do you invest so much without knowing what you're dealing with mentality wise? I humbly admit I'm glad I'm not the one having to know the answers to these questions. I guess Juni Calafat knows a thing or two about scouting young players anyway.

On a completely worthless note, personally, there's something about this kid I don't like and I just can't put my finger on it. And no, he doesn't remind me of my school bully, or my wife's boyfriend.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    60 ME is average joe money in PL and state club infested market in recent years. That's why teams are desperate to sign 16-17 year elite promises as a gamble. We did that with Vini and Rodrygo.

Fact that we couldn't get proven superstars like Mbappe and Haaland against oil state clubs makes this path crucial to get elite talents. But oil clubs mudding the waters there as well with insane offers.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87 and 4 others repped this.
  7. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    The oil clubs will just horde talent with golden handcuffs. Honestly if they spend 80m plus insane wages on Endrick, it means nothing to them if he develops or not. He’s happy as he’s being paid at the top end for not accomplishing anything. They will still cherry pick the top talent with massive wages anyway as players will chase the highest money possible.

Players like Rudiger, Vinny, Kroos, Tchoumeni, Camavinga are the rare exceptions to this. We won’t get into bidding wars so if a player wants to come here they will.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  8. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, but ppl are now saying 70-80 mil for the kid. That's a bit bonkers.

9. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    He much would cost alphonso davies?I watched him today against Croatia.He is a top player.He was all around the pitch.I would immediately throw bayern a 80M€ bid for him.He is worth.Only 22years!

W8W8, Deep Pal and Umar repped this.
  10. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    #1185 arcane, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    I have a gut feeling that he'll peak early and fall off sharply from there. Must be his stocky Adrianoesque build for me.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I mean

One could argue it takes tremendous mental toughness to be 16 and deal with all this hype and still perform vs grown men

Idk. I’m on the opposite end. As a prospect, he looks absolutely phenomenal. Just a beast.

I don’t like the family agency thing though. Never seems to pan out for the clubs involved

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  12. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I see Endrick as a possible Pato 2.0 TBH. Lots of pressure, relies heavily on physical ability to create and will be thrown feet first into the first team of some oil club. Will probably be successful for a season or two off the jump. Get injured, not put the work in to improve, be surrounded by bad influences and eventually fade away. Will have millions in the bank, so mission accomplished.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Many bad takes ITT

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Young guys are always a gamble. The higher the wager, the bigger the pressure. Vini cost about half of what this kid is supposedly going to cost and the entire world was out to get him for a while.

It's not a yes or no kind of thing. Bojan had over 900 goals at youth level and entered Barca B scorching hot scoring at will.

You never know until you know.

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    “Ever since one my idols Ronaldinho played for PSG, I wanted to play for them “

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is technically very average. What he's got going for him is elite athleticism at his age, a good powerful shooting and lots of hustle. The latter should theoretically indicate that he is a hard worker and would be able to learn passing, dribbling, touch etc. in the future. On the other hand, the athleticism advantage could diminish if he simply peaked very early, but this is impossible to predict for anyone.

S1na, Excape Goat and Seoul Villan repped this.
  17. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    We need players who make difference or they are generational talents..thats why we need to buy Endrick,Davies...too bad haaland is out of reach and Mbappe missed his train for madrid if you ask me.I wouldnt beg him twice.We should also keep an eye on Gvardiol.He is only 20 years old and such a good centre back already!He can play also on left and right back if needed.I wouldnt go into bidding war for Jude.100M+ is way to much for him and im sure Man city,Newcastle,maybe psg will go above that figure.Let them have their man for that price.Lets not forget that we still have rights on Brahim Diaz,Arribas in our B team and Miguel Gutierrez who plays a good season at Girona.Our biggest problem on curre t market is to find a immediate replacement for Benzema or a solid back up.

18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I'd hate to say it, but judging by Karim's recent injury woes and age, the team might have to look for his replacement sooner rather than later.

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what is going in Juventus, but it seems that they will collapse very soon. So Vlahovic might be available. I do not watch Juventus, So i have no idea about him outside of youtube highlights. At 22, he can be an alternative to Benzema.

20. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Whoever loses out on Jude should try for Kudus. He’s been having a stellar season at Ajax.

22. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Gakpo again a goal.He isnt anymore worth 30-40 M€..now its 60M+ for sure.He is the most involved players on world cup..3 goals and 1 assist..his stats are insane

23. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    I watched him before. He is a nice player but definitely not RM level.

24. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude..seriously?

25. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Yes. Nice player but no more. More like United level… not RM.