The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jovic and Schick are nothing alike as players. But its interesting how for the other two, what they have done recently is important (even though Diaby had 13 goals and 12 assists last season for Leverkusen, and Doku got injuries), but not for Schick.

If they were on the same level as Asensio they wouldn't be in the 50-70 million range, but instead in the 20 million like him.

People keep talking about Endrick who (if everything goes perfectly, unlike with Mbappe/Haaland) we will buy in two years when he's 18, and then again if everything goes even more perfectly, it will take him several years to become a worldclass level player. But until these cca 5 years pass, better not do something because it might be a never ending cycle. Smh.

2. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #52 boeder, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    Haaland
    Signing: €60mil release clause + €40mil agent fees, signing-on fees, bonuses, etc. (Source)

Net Wages: €240k PW/€12.5mil PY (Source)

Total over 5 years: €162.5mil

In a market where Anthony goes for €100mil and Isak for €70mil, those are hardly astronomical figures for a player of Haaland's calibre.

By contrast Mbappe's final RM offer was €140mil fees + €25mil Net PY (€265mil over 5 years).

The bottom line is that City's "big big significant payday" was €100mil less than what we were ready to shove down Mbappe's throat.

Some of us want to believe it was the Emiratis' backhanded dealings that did it and not us throwing our entire financial prowess behind Mbappe who sh@t on us, I guess to each their own.

Baltor, Deep Pal and Edino Edinho repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #53 Saeta Rubia, Sep 2, 2022
    Dude 375k reported is after tax. Ronaldo earns the same at Utd. His nett wages at Juve was 32 ME nett. You think he took such a big pay cut to 12.5 ME? [emoji23] He's earning around 20 ME nett at Utd. Lol @ 12.5 ME nett for Haaland when the reported weekly wage is similar to KDB, Ron.

Deep Pal and RMSocrates repped this.
  4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can’t start to unpick the sort of incentives outside of a base salary that oil teams can/will offer that would blow a non-oil clubs offer out of the water.

Nonetheless where can you see in your source that the £375k salary per month is not nett? I suspect it’s nett of taxes, so €23m annual, which is close to what a lot of other sources have said.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

He was the first to report Haaland deal. Tier 1 for City transfer news. Look how weekly wages went down from 500k to 375k when City made the deal official. And some buy this BS from a corrupt club that forced even shady UEFA to ban them for underhand deals. [emoji23]

Deep Pal and RMSocrates repped this.
  6. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cristiano Net earnings = €330k PW/€17mil PY
    Haaland Net earnings = €240k PW/€12.5mil PY
    KDB Net earnings = €256k PW/€13.3mil PY

I'm not making this sh!t up :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm embarrassed for you.

KdB has his wages announced as being manageable as well, until it was leaked he makes even more under the table.

City have done this since Mancini and you're here forming grammar and talking nonsense.

It's embarrassing.

RMSocrates repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #58 Saeta Rubia, Sep 2, 2022
    Paying 45 ME for Vini and 40 ME on Rodrygo didn't stop us from spending 100 ME+ 50 variables on Hazard and 60 ME on Jovic. In fact Brazilians covered our asses for those 2 flops. So no correlation between potential Endrick signing and signing players from European market that interests us. We invited Endrick and family to Bernabeu even when Mbappe was top priority this summer.

Schick is an injury prone one season wonder so far. He's 26 and look at his record before last season. 5 goals in 3 seasons at Roma, 10 goals at RB in one season. Andre Silva also had one great season in Bundesliga.

9. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow, you're really taking this personally! Wtf is wrong with you? :ROFLMAO:

Baltor and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ron's reported wages when he signed was 20 ME nett. He was earning 32 ME nett at Juve and 21 ME nett at RM. Haaland's was reported to be 25 ME nett/500k and they changed it to 375k when he officially signed. So either 125k is hidden in easy incentives or City doing their usual job of cooking the books.

RMSocrates repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sky Sports also reported 500k per week way back in March.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    How is it personal that I'm embarrassed for you?

If anything you are spinning and have been ranting and raving about Halaand. Stop embarrassing yourself.

13. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Whatever Man City say a player earns, you can bet they also have a 2nd salary in an oil company in the UAE where they never have to turn up for work but get paid £££

S1na, Deep Pal, ahnaf and 6 others repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is like trying to convince a child Santa isn't real :ROFLMAO:

Next he will tell us Mbappe is only being paid what Qatar reported and his mom was right when she said we offered higher wages (I fell for her first lie when she said the offers were similar).

RMSocrates and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This god damn it. This. It’s not hard to understand.

Deep Pal, ImadEdd, RMSocrates and 4 others repped this.
  16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think some people just want their favourite players to play for Madrid, over the team as it is now winning trophies.

Or even worse, they want the players they don’t like to be gone - and they really do not want to see their disliked players win anything with Madrid. It’s really weird.

We just won the champions league (again) and some are moaning - but I don’t like Asensio boo hoo.

Deep Pal, ImadEdd, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We have literally been trying to explain this to the guy but he ignores, blows past it then cites information one of the most corrupt sporting entities in the entire world publishes as if we could trust anything they ever state.

18. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK, Alex Jones :thumbsup:

arcane, Deep Pal and Raul-7 repped this.
  19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Regardless of how we ended up here, next summer we are forced to replace 2-3 backup players (Asensio, Mariano leaving on a free, Hazard doing whatever Hazard does) plus possibly Modric and Benzema. Thats 4-5 new players in critical positions, which is not ideal.

Last summer wouldve been perfect if we somehow dealt with half of those, offloading Asensio and Mariano and bringing in some striker and RW. We didnt as there were no offers for those two and there were no opportunities to sign good talent so it is what it is.

Deep Pal, Anon., Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    For all your opinion stating you sure seem to be pretty sure management are messing something up. I’ll stick to thinking like management, as they, you know, put together a team that’s won 5 CLs in 8 years. When we don’t win anything in 8 years I’ll be moaning like you do non stop but for now it’s more likely RM management know what they are doing much more than you and a few people who won’t be satisfied unless god himself comes and plays for us.

Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87 and sneakking repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All i can say in reply to this is comprehension is key, i can't recall mentioning either Diaby or Doku so i'm not sure how they enter this discussion, Schick has had one good season, whether alike as players or not we tried with Jovic from the Bundesliga after him having one good season, it did not work out, Schick has played for different teams and has never really shown any decent production until last season, i prefer the club not to go down that road again, he's not an ideal back up in my eyes, as for Ziyech and Sabitzer, the players i named specifically, for a reason, they've shown nothing recently, this is a fact, so, i stand by my OP

All of this, except, i really don't like Marco lol

RMSocrates repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wait until its postponed for the summer after that. Because 'there are no opportunities to sign good talent'. As if in this era where talent is literally everywhere, someone else needs to create those opportunities.

You would think that people would wake up from this 'next summer' mindset after all these years of Mbappe and the subsequent fiasco, but no. They actually double down on it. The future that never comes. lol.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol we definitely didn't just win La Liga and the CL.

Nope, that didn't happen

RMSocrates, Icalldibbs, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

So this means we will have to pay extra tax like Tchouameni deal. It's 9 ME. Do it. [emoji23]

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll be honest, I haven't followed any of the names mentioned above but I know that if they were to, hypothetically speaking, impress in 4-5 games of the WC, we'd be all over them like hotcakes. Why? Because we were "promised" a WC signing and are overdue for a new toy in attack – a necessity at this point.

The Jovic trauma has been dragging out for too long when the dude's face was plastered with red flags from the get-go, our scouts didn't pick up on them and we made a bad buy, pure and simple.

By the Jovic logic, we should skip all strikers coming out of the Castilla because Mariano, Negredo, and Portillo. No Bellingham either, his name rhymes with Beckham and is an Englishman like Woodgate and Owen.

Hazard had what? 4 great seasons at Chelsea and a breakthrough season at Lille? He comes to Madrid and RIP. Nkunku had 1 brilliant season last year but was dismissed by some as another "Jovic" before renewing with RBL, he seems to be keeping the momentum so far.

OMM13 and Deep Pal repped this.