The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Reality was after Mbappe and Halaand this was a crap market for attackers.

Mabppe duped us. Halaand didn't want to share space with Benzema and got PAID.

I still wish we went for a loan or an oldhead on a one/two year deal, but I won't be aggrieved if we announce Endrick lol.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seriously, Schick?, Sabitzer? Zyiech?

PigBenis, Ssr9, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So what? This is their price on the market and its what it is. Its not like we don't have the money, so... yes were frugal. And over a course of a season (particularly this one) they do move the needle from Asensio, Mariano et al. In our three previous league titles (2012, 2017 and 2020) we had a much deeper squad.

Take out everyone you don't like and there are still good players available. And yes all are upgrades over Asensio.

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the window is closed, we can get over it and back the team. We don't have to rehash this past window for the thousandth time. Let's look ahead. New superstars and new targets will emerge in short order.

Targets on my wish list in the near future: Endrick, Bellingham, Nkunku, Vitor Roque

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Sometimes you have to wonder if these people actually want us to fail.

I guess if we tie up more capital in terrible purchases we have less flexibility in the future for significant ones which would make an actual difference.

PigBenis, Ssr9, Deep Pal and 8 others repped this.
  6. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Is rather pay top dollar (200m) for the best talent than taking a gamble on a player for 100m that has high potential upside.

the EPL can get away with reckless spending for average players because they have the huge TV money. The Antony transfer is the shining example of what we should not do. Liga needs to fire Tebas and get someone who actually knows how to market this league.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I cannot stress this enough, but we need to wrap Endrick pronto!

PigBenis, Ssr9, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yep yep. For me this kid is the prize.

I just wish he were two years older like Vitor.

10. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Maybe it’s me, but I’m not sold on Bellingham. The times I’ve watched him play with Dortmund it’s been underwhelming considering the hype.

Big no for Nkunku, again when I watch him all I see is a better version of Mariano.

11. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah those names are mediocre or not worth the price. Speaking of Marco, Mariano, Hazard, and etc, do you think people want them on the squad? I know they are mediocre but they are already in the squad and we have to wait until they finally get moved or contract runs out. So yeah why add more players to that list for the sake of signing more players!?!?!

Shay Z repped this.
  12. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Duped? We gave a mama's boy too much leeway when we could have been far more firm with him. He was always Qatar's treasured kid and only a fool would have been certain they'd let go of him to Perez's Madrid for free.

As for Haaland, here is what we know:

- Haaland's preference was originally Real Madrid

- The club saw Mbappe as the crowning jewel/focal point of the new project, not Haaland. This would naturally deter any superstar especially when you also have Benzema and Vini.

- Haaland's wasn't modest in his financial demands, because why would he be? Could we have afforded him? Yes. Have we spent silly amounts in the past on players that flopped? Yes. Our priority was Mbappe, however. Aside from the sporting authority, some reports suggested our financial package for Mbappe was higher than PSG's.

- The club was worried about Haaland's injury record and some reports suggest we asked for detailed medical reports.

In the end, City paid him handsomely but to my mind there is no reason why we couldn't have done the same if we had our minds set on him. We couldn't buy both, we bet on the wrong horse.

The arrival of Haaland OR Mbappe would have altered our frontline. Mbappe, while, versatile on paper, operates almost exclusively on the LW impacting Vini.

Deep Pal, meringues and Edino Edinho repped this.
  13. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shit thread title

[​IMG]

edit: Should have at least got creative and added 'searching for young stars' into the mix

14. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Haaland preference was Real Madrid yet he wined and dined with every club in Europe seeking the best deal…. :/

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah.. ok.

Mbappe duped us and Halaand didn't want to share a space and took a much significant payday.

Saeta Rubia and RMSocrates repped this.
  16. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any source that states City's proposal was significantly higher than ours?

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In your opinion which is fair enough, but definitely not mine, can't imagine what that thought is based on with regards to these players they are not upgrades, and i'm as far from a Marco fan as you can get

RMSocrates repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #43 Hendrix22, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    Yeah thats your opinion but stop selling it as the objective truth because its not.

Anyway the first point was enough with the 'Serie A bla bla' bs. Its a dumb discreditation thing which you know very well is nothing else but that.

The second point is that champion level teams always have a bunch of what you would call mediocre players, but there is a difference between mediocre and mediocre, which can actually mean the difference between title and no title.

And finally the third point is that if we bring squad players on the higher side of the mediocre spectrum (with potential to exceed it), our squad players which are at the lower side of the mediocre spectrum would have more impetus to leave. It should be simple enough to understand.

Its based on having watched them. You laugh at Schick but I don't think Asensio is capable of scoring 24 goals in 27 games in the Bundesliga. Not to mention players like Doku or Diaby who are levels above him and can become worldbeaters in the future.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dembele got 2 year deal on a wage cut in this market for a reason. And someone says Flo should have tempted him to join RM Figo style. Give him a 4-5 year deal on high wages, he'd chill and go back to old lifestyle playing video games all night, constantly come late to training and having junk food for fun. Dembele is nowhere near Figo in terms of professionalism.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First i don't laugh at anyone, second we've been down that road before, Jovic, it did not work, everywhere else Schick has been he's barely scored 10 goals in a season, so, no, as for the other two, they haven't produced anything worth talking about recently

21. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agree, those names you listed are the same level as Marco so we left with the same issue but only prolonging it should we sign one of those players. Talk about a never ending cycle.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We should wrap up Endrick deal as top priority. Vitor Roque is an interesting choice for next summer as he can join right away. If Bellingham ends up in PL as expected, I'd go for Barella.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You can stuff your head into the ground all you want. We have enough proof of leaks where that club has "paid" players and managers normal wages above the table then had enormous money paid under.

Halaand was paid well over what we could offer and was handed a starting spot in his father's old club whom so happened to be the richest club in England at that time.

Get over it.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thought so.

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PL sources started with 500k per week/25 M nett. Then City "leaked" it's 400k range. You can believe whatever they sell if you want. They were exposed for paying managers and players under the table and the whole City group sham is for that.

Deep Pal and RMSocrates repped this.