The New Era of Financial Frugality - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny enough, if we'd sign 3 mediocre players some people would be like "here we go, but ow we have the quality to compete" when in reality it doesn't make all that much immediate difference.

petros93 repped this.
  2. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Yup. That Fran Garcia move was strange. Why buy him and loan him if our other LB is injured? From what ive read rhat what happened?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Because obviously people in our team that are supposed to make these decisions and watch him play every single game do not believe he can come and have an immediate impact. On top of that they might believe that this can also mess with his development.

I'd rather trust them than posters on BigSoccer

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because Leverkusen had triggered a buyout clause and we had a limited amount of time to either buy back our 50% or let him go forever.

You can argue that bringing him back and throwing him into the deep end would show us what he's made of, but maybe that's not that great of an idea.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So let me get this right. People think he can't come here and make any impact in January but by July he will have grown in the next three months of football more than he has the years prior to prove he can make a contribution?

A player in his second season in La Liga with over 50 matches under his belt?

Hope you're objective and can see how asinine that sounds..

The answer is simple. Florentino has his special desires and those are what get prioritized. Doesn't matter what our financial situation is; he will always rationalize anything he wants to happen.

It just has to be something he specifically desires.

If it isn't that is when budget, financial responsibility, player development, player impact, etc etc will be used to explain (whether right or wrong).

Lyra, boeder and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    couple thoughts on Fran:

1) I would have brought him back for the season but that said I can understand how the club might see this as another Mariano situation

2) The Mendy issue is real, signing a LB could help the squad or it could only cause more issues with the player

3) we have other players who can play at LB, certainly Alaba comes to mind but he also seems to have issues with fitness

All that said, this isn't a 5mm it's 5mm plus the wages and someone potentially taking a slot on your roster for up to 5 years who you don't want. Fran seems to have a decent amount of potential but I can't say I'm convinced he'll succeed here so I'd want to see him in atleast in a preseason with my squad to evaluate.

TL;DR -- it's complicated

7. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

8. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Looks like a promising young talent -- maybe we can buy him and loan him out?

Digital repped this.
  9. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    upload_2023-2-2_16-13-33.png
    Mbappe part 2 incoming?

10. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    English players don't tend to like leaving their country. It's almost always the other way around. The Bundesliga has been something of a haven for teenage English players in recent times, especially Dortmund, but even there we see guys like Sancho eventually end up back in England. If Jude and/or his family would be happier there, who am I to tell them otherwise (frankly, they're probably correct), but I'm not expecting "well, he didn't want to move to Spain at 19 but he'll be ok at 24". If he goes to Liverpool or Man City and experiences success there and things are going well, I'm not sure why he'd wish to move. I don't see it as perfectly analogous to when guys like Varane left here "in pursuit of other challenges" (if we're going to pretend the #1 reason wasn't €€€'s). English player playing in England and having success vs. foreign player experiencing success and then moving to another foreign club.

I wish him luck no matter the outcome.

11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Lol. Transfers should be edging away from JAS and Perez. Starting to become incapable of pulling deals together that are an absolute requirement.

Another summer of ridiculous to and from for Mbappe most likely and end up with some mental midget.

W8W8 repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nothing like Mbappe because he never said he was coming or demanded to come.

People just used rumors from the same clowns who benefited from the Mbappe crap as why he was coming when some of us said the entire time; he and his family have yet to make a decision.

RMadrid2222 repped this.
  13. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Mbappe himself said in interview that he want to leave psg in the last season and RM bid 200M for psg for him which was rejected. The things changed this season when he was with suggested to sign a new contract and didn’t renew for long months till he was been pressured by Qatar and the president of France.
    “Mbappe spoke for the first time about the events of the summer: "I asked to leave because from the moment I didn't want to extend [my contract], I wanted the club to receive a transfer fee to bring in a quality replacement”.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...er-club-knew-my-decision-in-july?platform=amp

14. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I meant more in terms of the impact, because folks have been assuming that Jude is coming, based on those exact rumours you're referring to.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I would not be holding my breath for Bellingham, it would be a good signing but we don't seem to sign that type of player these days, far more likely he goes to City

Anon. repped this.
  17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Course not. Carvajal will be given an extension and told to be like how he was at 25 lol

W8W8 repped this.
  18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Must mean Tobias gets the promotion finally.

19. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think he will get promoted, at least not this season.

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    No Bellingham and plan B guy is gone already.
    Plan C who? Odegaard?

21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Plan C would be
    Modric-Kroos for a other year. Lol

W8W8 repped this.
  22. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    “wE dOnT nEed tRansFerS iN wInTer” -Flo

W8W8 repped this.
  23. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Because we wanted Pedro Porro but he signed for Tottenham because we don't believe in the winter market because we don't need anybody new because we won Liga/UCL last season.

Hendrix22, W8W8 and Lyra repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Porro has been available for couple of windows now. We didn't want him. Trashy AS links us with a player every 3 days. I don't think club is happy about Tobias getting snubbed by Carlo.

S1na, Anon. and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree but he's unlikely to see minutes going forward either with Carvajal (seemingly) returning to action. I'd still like to see him get minutes in La Liga ahead of Dani especially with Nacho playing at CB for Militao.