The new 'Did Karl Rove out Valerie Plame' thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Revolt, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods, feel free to merge w/ original - if you can find it.

Well, hidden amongst today's tragic stories about London, the Rove question is gaining traction:

2. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not making any predictions, but If I were a reep strategist, I would be quirming right now.

3. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is there any "new" news to justify this thread? Sounds like same-old, same-old.

4. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    speculation speculation speculation

if rove wasn't involved with this particular stink I am sure he's been involved with stuff equally as sketchy.

5. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    There's a new Newsweek article on the case, which describes Cooper's email to his editors.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8525978/site/newsweek/

The content is about what you'd expect from the comments by Rove's lawyer. Rove spoke to Cooper before the publication of Novak's newspaper column, telling him that Wilson's Niger report was suspect because his trip had been authorized by his wife, who worked for the CIA. But, no mention of the name "Valerie Plame" (or "Valerie Wilson," for that matter) and no indication that Rove knew of her covert status. It may contradict a previous reported claim by Rove that he didn't get involved in pushing this info until after Novak's column came out, but it's not clear exactly what Rove told investigators about that matter. According to sources close to Rove, there's no inconsistency between this evidence and Rove's previous testimony.

As I've said before, I suspect the question of how and where Rove got his info in the first place may be important. I tend to doubt that someone in his position would be normally expected to know about Valerie Plame's employment at the CIA, or about the internal agency deliberations that led to Wilson's trip to Niger.