The most stupid interview ever! (90 minutes)

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by dcrpoop, Dec 22, 2003.

1. dcrpoop

dcrpoop BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 15, 2000
    Hell'sKitchen is my
  2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what part of this has to do with Yanks Abroad?

3. usagoal

usagoal Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Las Vegas
    Maybe he thought it was Wade Barret

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Moved from Yanks Abroad.

5. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    yeah wade, cause you've made so much money with those lucrative MISL contracts. What a D-Bag!

6. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great.

Now we have indoor soccer-snobs .

7. Charlie Armstrong

Mar 7, 2001
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a soccer player who doesn't like soccer. What can you expect? His comment about indoor players being more skilled than real soccer players also, I think, shows his dislike of the game. He probably has never seen an MLS game, so he's judging the indoor players he knows against the outdoor players he remembers.

I don't think he's a moron, but he does seem sort of sad.

8. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    Actually Wes is pretty cool. He is alot like Alexi Lalas. he started playing soccer when he was 15. The guy is also entitled to his opinion so back off my little 34 yer old virgins!!

9. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Stevedm, you need knock it off with your 34 years old virgin comment. Not everyone is 34 years old. Pething101 for example is a 33 years old virgin you tard.

10. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Actually, I am 34 years old.
    But the only way I could claim to be a virgin is also the only way you could claim to not be a virgin.

11. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am definitely not an anal virgin because I just had a colonoscopy.

12. Charlie Armstrong

Mar 7, 2001
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, I suspect you're making a joke, but if not, I hope all went well. My wife of 20 years--my not too subtle way of pointing out that I'm not a 34 year old virgin either--is going in for one of those next month and I will probably have to do it myself later next year. Neither of us is much looking forward to it.

Growing old is a bitch (although so far it beats the hell out of the alternative).

13. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah it was a joke but I did have a colonoscopy and nothing was found. I have on and off nausia for two years and nothing was found after I had all sorts of medical procedures.

It's a good idea to get colonoscopy every 5 years for those of you over age of 40 because a lot of time colon cancer produce no symptoms until the late stage. Also the probability of getting it is exponentially higher after you are over 40.

14. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As odd as it seems, it really is not that odd to not like the sport you play. Lots of baseball players in the majors are not great fans of baseball. Bill Laimbeer did not really enjoy playing basketball all that much and there was a English dude a few years back that played in the NBA that professed not to love basketball; he was only playing so he could make a lot of money and I think go to med school.

15. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    It was just a chain of coincidences that even got me playing the damn sport in the first place, and even when I did, I still thought of it as someting closer to 'chess club' than a real varsity sport...
    It wasn't until I went to the World Cup matches in Orlando (and I only went to those 'cause it was free) that I truly started to appreciate it.

16. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    I think I remember watching Wes play outdooors in Mesa, AZ at the community college there back in 1988 or 89. It was some semi-pro team but I can't remember the name. The other big name on the team was Mark Kerlin (he also had a successful indoor career if I'm not mistaken). Compared to the competition back in those days, Wes was pretty damn good, though probably heavily reliant on his fleetness of foot. Anyway, his comments about taking the Wizards at the outdoor game shouldn't be taken as anything more than provocative words and boasting. Either that or he may have rammed his head into one too many indoor boards.

The dynamics of the two games are so different that it's really hard to compare them, but it seems to me that indoor players, while obviously exposed to a lot of fine, tight ball control type play, can get a little erratic with all that pinball action.

17. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just had one a few weeks ago. The procedure itself I have no memory of. The last thing I remember was "roll over on your left side", then I remember waking up in recovery.

Now the day before, that was not pleasant. The 28 pills I took to "clean me out" did in fact do as advertised. Nothing but clear liquids the previous day. I was tired, hungry, etc.

But (no pun intended), receiving a clean bill of health made it worthwhile. Seven years until the next one.