The Merseyside Derby

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Dec 5, 2004.

1. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    what the prick up my butt we lost to everton i hope all of you liverpool fans realise we lost a freaking 200th merseside derby.cmon we had no good possesion our player diao and some other guy were paying twinkle twinlke little stars and made mistakes in passing to each other.hello we are meant to have knocked the oppsition team members not ours.the inhumanity.we seriously need to change our away form and in a different thread it was mentioned fourth is up for grabs'reality check'"everton are playing good football"but those fuming chaps were lucky to win against a team which has injury problems.they think the good days for them are coming aight al talk to norwich chaps if u did bolton like that, everton would love some serious ass whooping. ;)
    :confused: can some board member teach me how to go about bigsoccer still finding it difficult to go about it.
    But since i love liverpool so much and i may be really pissed off,liverpool is an excellent team.besides we all have our highs and our lows. :)

2. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Damn i love Merseyside Derbies! I must say i got a few laughs from gerrard scuffing the free kick into the stands.
    Could have easily been a draw if Mellor had just headed the ball straight instead of down.

Serious question here, do any of you actually rate any of your new Spanish players? The only one i'd say is worth his salt is Luis Garcia.

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :rolleyes:

Yeah. Alonso, for instance, is utter cack.

4. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Taking into account that is probably sarcasm, he's not really that special, what did he do in the derby? Josemi is pants and Nunez is possibly one of the worst i've seen.

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :rolleyes: again. What did he do in the derby? Sit on the bench until the 81st minute, mainly.

And Nunez is the worst you've seen? Wow - you've been watching a lot of Liverpool reserve games then recently, huh? And by "recently", I mean the past month, given that that's the time he's been available for selection after injury. Because, of course, you wouldn't be forming (in themselves wrong) opinions on the basis of one game, now would you? I mean, that would be, like, dead stupid and all too ready a reason to dismiss everything you say as biased, ignorant nonsense.

6. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No i saw him in the games against Arsenal Olympiakos and Everton. I don't take no interest in Liverpool normally cos i don't find staring at curly shít that interesting. But i got watch them every now and again with my uncle who has a season ticket, and when his mate can't make it i go.

7. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Yeah, forget about the fact that Alex Ferguson once said that he should have entered into the competition to sign Alonso... and that Real Madrid had even considered signing him before... :rolleyes:

8. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So what does that have to do with anything? Just because they were interested, i never heard anything about that at all anyway? Papertalk mate Papertalk.

9. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Turnaround ala Zola-styled (league cup Chelsea vs Liverpool) when 0-2 down at Fulham doesn't say a thing?

Doesn't mean it's not true if a blockhead says no. :rolleyes:

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Right ... so you saw him against Arsenal and he was "nothing special".

You should have said you know nothing about football. I'm too busy to be engaging in conversations of this nature with clueless spazzos. Where's your sense of decorum?

11. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Matt, can you delete my posts? I don't wanna be seen talking to a birdbrain. :p

12. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    None of your new signings have done anything you could have bought better players with the money. As for you trureds, you ever been to Anfield? Bet i've been more times than you! Fairweather. Reckon you can get your tongue further up Matt's ass?
    Matt you need to actually think about what i'm saying rather than trying to reply in a WR style way and stop trying over analyse stuff you berk. I'm saying Liverpool would have been better off without the big influx of Spanish players because you could have got some better players!

13. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And I’m saying you’re a hapless spaz who is not worthy of my time. Over analyse? LOL! Dismiss out of hand, more like.

Nothing you have said is even remotely worthy of being dealt with seriously because you clearly do not know what you are talking about. End of fucking story. Now do one, you clueless gimp.

14. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Now you must reckon Gravesen, Carsley, Osman, Cahill are better players than Gerrard, Alonso, Hamann, Kewell? How about proving it in Europe? Try to qualify first you bunch of perennial relegation flirters!!! First derby win in 5 attempts and you are talking big now, maybe because you have a bigger mouth and longer tongue than can reach up people's ass, so lick it clean.

15. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll agree with you regarding Josemi, but Alonso and Luis Garcia are pure class and the jury is still out on Nunez.

Why Alonso didn't start saturday is a big question in my mind. He would have made a big diffference.

16. browfish

browfish New Member

Not to stick my oar in and start stirring, but please...

You heard the man:

I'm sorry, is this supposed to help your case?

17. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    dude,calm down!!!lets not get this out of our hands!!lets give everton credit!they are a poor team,but they have got the resuts lately,but lets see who is smiling at the end of the season!

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

LMAO

[​IMG]

19. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That Alonso decision had me stumped too; Diao even more so. I can only imagine that Rafa had an eye on Tuesday's match with Pompey (ditto with Finnan, I hope) and, likely as not, got duped by the "short and none too handosme" Everton. Well as most teams have found out this season looks can be deceiving. Fair play to the blues.

I also hope Josemi will sooner or later prove all of us wrong.

20. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The reason he left out Alonso is obvious - he didn't think the pace and physicality of the game would allow him to play to his best game - which is creating and attacking. Nor did he think that Alonso was the best option for a more destructive role (and who can argue - he's good defensively, but it's still a waste).

Which also explains the Diao decision. He may be an artless clodhopper, but such players have a place in any game against Everton, whose entire raison d'etre is the work of the artless clodhopper. That's also why he played Josemi behind FSP, rather than the more, hahem, "nuanced", Finnan.

21. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I understand the thinking going into the match, but that decision proved to be a mistake, imo.

22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guess you're right. It almost worked too as most of the clear cut chances in the match came our way but, as has often happened, they were not put away. I reckon this fact, more than any other, is why we lost. Hopefully a lesson was learned here.

23. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not sure you can say that, to be honest. It was a 50/50 match all the way and either side could easily have won. We could have been 1-0 down with barely half an hour gone, they could have been 1-0 down on the stroke of half-time. We could have been 2-0 up or drawing 1-1 at points during the second half. That's the thing with derbies - it's actually pretty hard to get the tactics wrong as long as all your players get themselves into the spirit of the thing, which all 22 players on Saturday most assuredly did.

Would Alonso's presence have given us more quality time on the ball? Perhaps. But equally perhaps he would just have been kicked out of the game in the first 15 minutes.

It's almost impossible to make a definitive judgement on derby games. We lost this one ... such is life. We were due one, to be honest.

24. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Matt you're a class A Pen15 my friend. I came over to congratulate you about the game and talk about it. I just think that Nunez isn't that good, and not good enough for your side! I think Gerrard and all your midfielders are good but the Spanish influx of players have failed to impress me thus far. Luis Garcia is a good player, shame he's injured though and i like Xabi Alonso, apart from that the other 2 aren't worth their salt at all.

25. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You mean you didn't come over to be a clueless dick? Crikey ... talk about missing your spot, eh? Like I said previously - I'm not interested in having a debate with people who are not equipped to conduct such a debate with me.