The Mazda 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by fidlerre, Mar 16, 2005.

1. DuffFutureofIreland

DuffFutureofIreland New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Uibh Fhaile, Eire
    You are kidding right.... Do ya wanna swap cars with me??? ;) ah go no, ah go, ah go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on GO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please :)

2. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sorry, I guess I should have noted that with a loaded 3s you're pushing $22K. The only option we dropped was the xenon headlights/tpm. I thought "$900 for blue headlights, no way." We got $500 b/c my fiance had graduated w/i the past 2 yrs and also got lucky not having to pay city taxes, because we're in an unincorporated neighborhood.

My fiancee refused to get the cloth seats b/c of their cheesiness as well. :D

Q

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Bump. So after like 9 months we're finally getting the car...

We visited Mazda and will probably buy the Mazda 3s Grand Touring after the 1st of the year.

Any updates from those that own one? Suggestions? Comments?

4. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    I have a scion, it's cheaper, slower, less luxury options, but I love it!!! If I was you though, I'd buy that mazda. Oh and my scion get's better mpg. :)

Overall though, I didn't get it to be sporty, fast or anything like that. next thing I know I get hooked and I'm getting rims, lowering it, soon I'll tint the windows, get an intake, exhaust, and ummm all that goofy stuff.

They are a totally different class of car. i like the mazda 3 and if I had the flow, it was my next choice. Although mazda being part of Ford bugs me!!!

5. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    You're going to LOVE the GT.

I have a 2006 3s Touring (everything the GT has, except GPS, auto-wipers, heated seats and xenon lights) leather, 17" wheels, etc. I got a manual transmission, which RULES with the 160HP engine :)

It's hands down the best driving car I've driven, and I've driven high-end Mazda 6, Audi A4, Acuras, etc. It's fantastic to drive. It's smooth and responsive in turning, it's FAST (100MPH in a 3s feels like 50MPH in anything else, it's ridiculous how nice it drives)

I put a XM MyFi system into it, and I must say, that rules as well.

If you want any info on the 3 PM me or post in this thread!

6. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I've only had minor problems with my 05 3s. The wipers suck, so I'll be getting new ones. My keyless entry intermittently goes out with an annoying beeping sound when the car door is open. I think the problem is that the car still thinks the key is in the ignition, in which case, the keyless entry does not work. I took this in once, and they didn't figure it out. I didn't see a service bulletin on it, so I'm probably just unlucky.

So the "Touring" edition adds seat warmers? That sounds nice, especially when it is -10 below outside in the morning.

Oh, one more thing, the factory tires suck on snow/ice.

7. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    I just bought a new car last week (not a Mazda 3) that has heated seats. We weren't all that interested in them, but with the upgrades we ordered, those came in the package.

Lemme tell you; There needs to be a congressional inquiry into why all cars are not fitted with heated seats. Good god almighty are they just the best thing ever. I can't believe I lived in the Dark Ages for so long.

8. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that in the United States they finally changed the tail lights of the Mazda3. Over here in the Middle East, the Mazda3 has a dark background on the tail lights and it looks much hotter. The only complain I have with the versions sold here is that they do not import Mazda3s with GPS or a 2.3 litre engine, only a 1.6, 1.8, or a 2.0, saves money on petrol though. I personally was one of the first in Israel to receive the Mazda6. Right away I upgraded the sound system, and later installed a DVD screen in the map pocket. I also added the rear wing spoiler and it really made my car stand out. The best part was all these parts came with me on El Al from Newark to Tel-Aviv. At customs I just glided through with "nothing" to declare. The boys seemed to be in the middle of a doughnut break so I didn't get caught.

9. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I think with the 3 (as far as the tail lights are concerned) the 3i has "normal" tail lights, and the 3s has the "european style" ones (clear shell, dark background) like mine. It really does make a difference in how sporty the car looks.

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... I'm guessing it has to do with the large swaths of this country which would never use them even if their cars had them. That said, in a cold weather region, they truly are indispensable.

The 3 is one of the hotter cars right now, and one of the few positives FoMoCo has going for it. I considered it when car shopping earlier this year, but I couldn't resist stepping up to a V6 6 5-door for just a little more.

11. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Did you get it in Squall Blue Pearl? That is the sweetest color. Q

12. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, Onyx Black. I wasn't particularly picky about the color, just didn't want anything too bold.

13. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

My wife and i just bought a Mazda 3 5-door.
    [​IMG]

We got it because Mazda's seem to last forever, plus it got great reviews. We are also expecting a baby in January and needed a car that had more space but didn't want to go full on station wagon. The 5-door has a TON of room. It is about the same car length as our current 99 Corolla 4 door but it feels at least twice as large form the inside. The back space is big enough for both our dogs to relax in (you can get a liner for it as well)
    It handles great, came with a moon roof, and 6-CD changer, Automatic transmission with a new optinal 4 speed Manual You can shift between fiour gears without a clutch if you choose, power everything and beautiful interior. We got the Titanium grey (with Black&Red interior-ok I am biased) It was a brand new 2006 with 150 miles on it and we walked out without paying more than 18,500.
    We put a big chunk down on it. Our insurance at least in Baltimore only jumped about 75 bucks a month. It's a wonderful car to drive, a bit on the bumpy side but other than that great car so far.
    [​IMG]

14. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Holy christ is that copper color ever putrid.

Why do people buy those colors? What the hell is wrong with people?

Thank god you had the good sense to get a normal color.

15. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Indeed, although it is better than banana yellow.

Here's a better representation of the car.
    [​IMG]
    Sadly, the car did NOT come with the scenery.

16. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought an '05 Mazda 3 last January. I love the car. I really like how Mazda made if fairly sporty for an economy car. The rims aren't too shaby (although the brake dust builds up quickly on them), the dashboard looks neat (especially at night), the moon roof is awesome and I love having the six-disk CD changer in the front. The semi-manual stick option is cool too. I have the Mazda 3 S with the larger engine--the smaller engine just had zero get-up-and-go. If you get a 4-door, make sure you get the real spoiler, not the dinky one that looks like a lip. The car looks cool with a real spoiler.