The Jupp Heynckes Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by humin12, Jan 17, 2013.

1. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just that we should have a thread were we can post some cool things about Heynckes.
    A great goal of his against Morocco:

Great coach, legendary player. He amassed 220 goals in the BL, 3rd highest behind Muller and Fischer. I'll be honest, I never wanted Bayern to hire him two years ago and still feel like he we should have moved on from him. But he's definitely a class act and clearly above the rest of the crop in the BL, with Klopp constantly screaming himself into epilepsy and Magath doing his best impersonation of Ebenezer Scrooge. Joking aside, Heynckes is one of the most unassuming and respcectful (barring Klinsman) people we've had managing Bayern.

SLC25, nekkibasara, Philipp Lahm and 5 others repped this.
  2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Great player. Great manager.

A German legend.

(and I realize I'm basically repeating what's written above, ha)

bayern15 repped this.
  3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope they give him an honorable farewell with a trophy or 2 this year.

He is a class above the rest :)

4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    or 3

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  5. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'll save my full encomium for when Jupp actually retires and we can add his most recent accomplishments. For now I'll just say that he has never yet given me cause to regret his hiring or doubt his good character.

Dhajj and NUFCBayern repped this.
  6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos can thank Jupp for his break. With Leverkusen and back at Bayern.

odd1234 repped this.
  7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Juup great manager very underrated.
    He won the first modern CL for madrid,
    Does his job without a fuss, he isnt a media whore, He is very easy to get along with, he doesnt alienate players and managed to get everyone on track and happy, He took a threadbare team to the limits last season. I wish we can win some trophies this yr as a reward for Juup

Several players owe him. Kroos is the number 1 player who owes his career to Juup both past and present. Ribery rediscovered himself and enjoyed his game under him probably playing the best of his career, Salvaged Boateng from Citeh and put his career back on track, Badstuber seemed to be headed downwards until he came also. Did I also mention Alaba?

Matakos, FCB_KVB and Equilibrium repped this.
  8. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Alaba's breakthrough was amazing, I'm still impressed with his progress.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    In my honest opinion, Kroos was always going to be a top player eventually no matter where he went. He was a great player at Hansa, that's why Bayern bought him at the age of 16. Apart from great talent, he's had great attitude and worked hard. There are players who need great coaches to make them top class and there are others who have enormous talent and are too good to fail. Players like Hummels, Oezil, Goetze, Kroos, Messi, Fabregas,Rooney,Wilshere,etc are those type of players - they were always going to be great no matter the coach.
    Anyway, it happened that Jupp helped Kroos to rise to the top and he should be thankful.

SLC25 and Matakos repped this.
  10. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Roony is great?
    whats next? Ibra ?

Boandlkramer repped this.
  11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Under LvG it didnt look like Kroos would amount to anything and there are hundreds of players who look like the real deal in their teenage years but never lived it up

12. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    He was too young back then and needed time.

13. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He was also arrogant and didn't put in enough work on the pitch both in training and in matches. Jupp brought him and his talent back on track, first at Leverkusen and then continued it here.

14. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Moving Alaba to LB was a brilliant move :)

15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *cough* Which Luis van Gaal already had discovered in 10/11 (quote: alaba is a lb he just hasn't realize it yet" *cough*

By the way:

I personally think that the Jupp Heynckes would be the best currently available successor as coach for Real Madrid. Perhaps two year contract? :cool:

Then again Real Madrid rarely does what is best for the club so it probably won't happen.

Matakos and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  16. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't think that he would end his retirement for moving abroad, but for a club closer to his home, wife and dog maybe. Could be Schalke at some point

17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schalke could be a candidate I agree. Most importantly Heynckes stated that the end of his Bayern München assignment won't necessarily be the end of his coaching career. Meanwhile it is very likely that the managing position at Madrid will be vacant this summer and the list of suitable candidates is very short. What a great chance that would be!

It all depends on how much he and his family liked living in Spain in the 90s because there are worse things than living in this shiny country at his age.

Matakos repped this.
  18. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some NT job could also be in the picture for him, but unsure about vacancies there

Matakos repped this.
  19. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mourinho will be fired before the end of the season ... He already lost control of the locker room, is fighting with every personel he has, including his biggest star, the team is already a disaster in La Liga and won't even manage to be at 2nd place.

If Real loses to Man Ure you can bet his ass is fired ...

20. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There could be a vacancy in the Germany job in the late summer of 2014. ;)

bayern15, Dhajj and Bazi repped this.
  21. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunally it isn't before 2014 ... :(

22. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Jupp might be good for the Germany (or any) NT role, as it would allow him to stay involved in the game he loves but on a much less stressful and demanding schedule, similar to Ottmar.

The quality that makes us all appreciate Jupp is the reason he worked out in the often volatile position of Bayern manager, in that on some level he's just a likable, pragmatic, reasonable, and understanding person. He's been pretty much the consummate professional while here and the fact that he maintained that level of respect over such a long career speaks volumes.

It would be the proper send off to get him a few shiny cups.

terrypk1, Dhajj and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  23. makkay

makkay Member

Sep 5, 2005
    he will get the CL this year

24. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Heynckes stuck to Kroos and Badstuber when both seemed to be on their way out.

25. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    Never thought this possible, but you are probably right. That locker room is impossible, but you can't alienate Casillas, he is bigger than any manager they could possibly hire.