The Journey Starts Now! - The Honduras Road to the 2014 World Cup Thread.

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Catracho_Azul, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea, sure. Thats like Pep trying to teach dogs how to tiki taka. ffs.

Lahnizzz, GrandeSoccer and elviejomen repped this.
  2. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Rueda did better than Suarez, and Suarez had a better team and easier group

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    suena para dirigir Honduras?

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yezzir. dame el info compa.

elviejomen repped this.
  5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osorio is a great coach but at club lvl; with Atletico Nacional he basically dominated our league for a whole year (while playing Copa Libertadores!!), he never coached a National team which could be an issue; however if I were you guys I would deff will go for the guy. I dont think there is another Colombian coach with more study than this guy he coached in MLS and he was an assistant coach in Manchester City.
    But once again his success is at club level, i dont know how he will do at his first experience at National team.

If we were without Pekerman I'm pretty sure Colombia would go for the guy.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Whats his ideal formation?? 4-4-2 ??

7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I felt that he changes the formation depending on the rival; and even his team adapts during the game depending on the scenario during the game (you know that there are many scenarios during the game).

@pibe10 you are Atletico Nacional Fan you can give these guys more in depth info about Osorio

8. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The Colombian coaches have been very good for us in qualifying. They have both tried to implement a very organized side and I think we will finally start seeing the fruits of this strategy in our next cycle. We can't just throw it all away and start from scratch.

I am heartbroken with the showing of this and the last world cup, but some of these guys will become coaches eventually and having played two world cups under their belt will only help our young players.

We will do better in Russia.

Thank you for all the memories Costly, we might have a hard time finding another goal scorer.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol @ having a hard time finding another goal scorer..

Pick your poison, Bryan Rochez, Jonas Mejia, Junior Lacayo, Alberth Elis.

10. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Those guys are not sure things man. Listen to Pavon and let's not crown these guys before they are ready. I hope they get it done outside the league and continue to grow technically and tactically.

Our league cannot fully develop players, we need them to leave young and be groomed in other leagues.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think Pavon was alluding to non-youth players. Moreso our league's "stars".

Lacayo is at Santos Laguna, and Jonas is at Granada CF of La Liga.. df more do you want. They're also NOT troncos and not completely useless infront of goal or with the ball on their feet.

Rochez looked miles better than Costly at Real Espana while Alberth Elis is young but is supposed to be bumped up to the first team for good this season, he's not even going to stay long. His management is taking him to Europe this summer.

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey hermanos, muy dolorosa nuestras eliminaciones hoy, yo rezaba que uds empaten :D pero bueno no se dio, una lastima por Suarez a quien se quiere mucho en mi pais, lastima que Ecuas y Catrachos dejamos mal a nuestras confederaciones. igualmente, saludos a uds y nos vemos en Russia 2018

SogeJ and El_tri321mex repped this.
  13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Igualmente, abrazos.

El_tri321mex repped this.
  14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  15. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
  16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Beginning of a new one, Costly was important to Suarez's style of play, but I'm more than confident Jonas Mejia can pick up from where he left off as a goal scorer.

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, I don't see Juan Carlos Osorio leaving us for the head coach of Honduras with all due respect. He already stated not so while ago that He will leave only to coach Colombia (assuming that no other NT will want him) and he already rejected an offer from the Canadian federation.

As for his formation, he usually try different formations and go with what works the best at the moment. For example, last year he tried in one game a formation of 3-3-3-1 and the club had ana amazing run with this system. This tournamet it was more of a 4-2-3-1 type of play. These are his usual favorites formations.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hate to break it to you, but with the recommendations of Suarez and Rueda, anythings possible especially Osorio taking this job. He almost took it before Suarez did, but the two parties couldn't agree to the set date for him to take the job, so it fell through. His name is buzzing among other candidates.

19. Lahnizzz

Lahnizzz New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Finland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    How stupid is Suarez. And I don't mean the one who bites. Andy Najar looked as fit as possible and all he got in the games v. Ecuador and Switzerland was ********ing 10 minutes. Muma Bernardez was piss poor and I severely hope that this was the last match for him. Same for Beckeles. And Jerry "hey I'll try and head this ball which is 10 cm off the ground" Bengtson. Izaguirre better be injured, I hope Suarez is not that stupid. Sad to see Costly injured in his last match.

I thought in the middle of the game that it would be awesome to see Mario and Rony Martinez just for your reaction over here Catracho. :D The scenes if one of them scored.

But yeah it's time for a new era. I think Roger Rojas will turn out as a beast for La H in the next qualifiers. Rochez seems like a brilliant talent and I hope Lacayo can also fulfill his potential. Not to even mention Jona Mejia and the main man Najar. Leveron in the defence, Lopez in the goal, and also Alex Lopez in the midfield.

How is Lacayo doing btw?

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Too many things happened since he was candidate :) especially our success. Also, like I said, he already rejected one NT and already declared that he will leave only to coach Colombia. Of course that anything can happen, but he has a contract with us until 2016 and I don't see him going anywhere.

21. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With Honduras he have a really good chance to play World cup... With Canada is way harder.
    While Pekerman is in charge he wont receive an invitation from Colombia, maybe he is waiting the end of the world cup, to see his options.

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think that his goal is to appear in the WC with Honduras, Canada or Costa Rica. Don't want to sound disrespectful and of course anything can happen, but there's a reason why he signed foanother 2 years in the club, to continue his process which is going extremly well. And again, with all due respect to our friends here, I think that Osorio can be easily the coach of Colombia, Chile or Uruguay other then the Concacaf NT's.

23. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No offense taken pibe.

We know that the job is not the most prestigious but he might want to prove himself with a national team in the biggest of stages and we might be the team that is willing to give him a shot. Keep in mind that it is very rare for a prestigious national team to give someone a nt newbie coach a shot. There is a big difference between coaching a club and coaching a national team.

elviejomen repped this.
  24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Honestly guys, we've qualified to the World Cup twice in a row now and haven't had positive results (maybe just flashes of attractive attacking ball). This tells me two things:
    1- we have to have a good amount of funds at our disposal (especially since Colombian coaches aren't the most expensive)
    2- our soccer isn't progressing at the intercontinental level.
    I feel like Honduras and Ecuador have the same issue. They've fallen in love with that boring goal lacking Colombian style of play. If we really want to evolve or at least begin to make a positive transition to a new seleccion we need to hire a coach with a little more weight and aggressive mindset. No offense to the Colombians on this board, but even their national team opted out of national coaches and looks miles better than they did with Eduardo Lara, even with a handful of the same exact players from that 2010 cycle (the man did wonders with their youth teams but he didn't complete the job at the highest level).

El_tri321mex repped this.
  25. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Bingo I think it's an excellent observation