The Jose "Special One" Mourinho Thread (Part 3.) [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I've seen Paulo Ferreira vs. Ronaldo... ask the Chelsea fans how they think he did! ;)

As far as the comment against mine about Messi over Robben. Meh. You say Robben is easily neutralized, but face the facts. Messi is in a league where no one double teams a player (I mean NO ONE). Robben was able to work magic back in England and he's showing some of his best football right now with Munich. And yeah you 'take' Messi. I gaurantee you my team would have more championships. You wanna know why? Because I'd have a team that works for the team not for one player. Compare Messi in Barcelona vs. Messi in Argentina and you've got two totally different players. Please think through your arguments better. And don't say that my posts 'are usually better,' just because you have a contrasting opinion of mine. I don't go around and say that type of shit to people just because their viewpoint is different than mine. I will, however, probably call them stupid and wrong, which is fine and more appropriate than saying 'your posts are usually better than this.' :D

Also, will the Miguel lover to the right please remind himself that it is now 2010 and Miguel wouldn't be able to replicate such end-results against Robben if his natas (or perhaps if you wanna take the Frank Cunha way; his port wine) depended on it.

Lemme put it this way. Robben/Holland will do much better than Argentina/Messi at this World Cup, of this I have no qualms.

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean if you believe that Robben > Messi i don't know what to tell you. Robben is nasty but Messi is on another level.

3. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    How many titles did Barcelona win last year?

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You take last year out of the equation and Robben has more trophies. I'm not going to be dragged into discussing the footballing qualities of two players based off of what their TEAMS win. That is not worth the time nor effort, ESPECIALLY when you want to drag in a year that consists of 6 trophies, which everyone knows is a complete anomally and will never happen again. And if you think that those 6 trophies were all won single-handed by Messi you've never heard of a fella' called Samuel Eto'o.

Seriously, that's the dumbest argument I ever heard. Wow Victor Valdez got a shit load of trophies last season. Would you want him in your team ahead of Iker Casillas? Petr Cech? Julio Cesar? Shit... Dida? Acho que nao.

5. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They're on the same level. I prefer stronger, taller, athletically complete players. Lionel Messi is great but I bet John Arn Riise would mark him out of his football boots.

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Before you attack, try to understand the post. You claimed your team, that played for the TEAM, and not one player, would win more trophies. Barcelona clearly showed that isn't true. The team is structured around Messi and they've been fine since they've been doing so so I'm not sure why you go bringing up Valdez And yes, Robben does have more trophies. He also is 4 years older than Messi, so nice try on that one. You clearly pop one for Robben, so that's cool, and you are entitled to your opinion, but its unbased. He's never done anything to be mentioned in the same breath as Messi, which is why he's played at 5 different teams in his career. Nobody with any footballing IQ would doubt that Robben is one of the best 30 players in the world, maybe even 20, but you obviously don't watch enough of Messi if you think that Robben is on the same level as he is.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Messi started playing top flight at 2004, I was excluding Robben's Eredivisie bs with PSV from the equation. And as such, again, Robben would have more titles if you minus those 6 and Robben's last season. I brought up Valdez because you're trying to compare a player that has a team completely built around him, and a player that does not. You're comparing a player based on what his team won versus another based on that fact alone. And you don't watch any Bundesliga if you don't think Robben's in the same level as Messi. Sorry, but I refuse to believe Messi is so great based on what he does in such a weak-league. Germany has much tougher and disciplined defending, just FYI.

"You claimed your team, that played for the TEAM, and not one player, would win more trophies. Barcelona clearly showed that isn't true."
    Not really, you don't know who my other 10 players are, who my team would be up against, etc. etc. I don't see the point in arguing on a fictious team, if you want though, get yourself a managerzone team or a fantasy football thing for next season and you take messi and I'll take anyone else... :rolleyes:

8. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    So you refuse to base what Messi has done in Spain for 6 years but quickly base Robben for what he's done in less than a year? Good one. Also, you may have forgotten that Robben played in that "weak-league" and didn't exactly set it alight.

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where did I say that. Foda-se pa.

You know Robben used to play for CHelsea, in the EPL with some of the best defenders in the world right?

Yeah he didn't set it alight because he was injured half the time and playing for REAL ********ING MADRID. Have you watched them play domestically at all? Especially under Bernd Schuster? Jesus(not Jorge), what is wrong with this forum!?

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know man, I don't rate 1 footed players very high myself, one of the reason why I shy away from Messi, but Robben is even more dependent on that foot. Its one of the reasons why I prefer a Nani, Ronaldo, Silva, Joe Cole, Ribery, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Bastos, Ramires over those 1 footed players. Its so much easier to neutralize them.

Robben is a good player, but not great...

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What happened to JM ? He's been missing since post # 110

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He won 3-1 and is 2 points ahead of Roma who are with a game in hand to play?:confused:

13. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Robben actually did pretty well with Real Madrid despite his injuries, scored a few great goals too can't remember against who.

14. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sneijder might be out with a muscular injury when Inter plays Barca....That would be a big blow for Mourinho and co.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He'll adjust, Jose is too smart. Its going to be a CA lineup anyways. 1 goal and the tie is finished.

16. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Normally I would agree...but this is Barca and this is the Nou camp....Its going to be interesting.

17. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thoroughly excited for this match today

18. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, it should be a barn burner. anything can happen... but if Inter nab 1 at the Nou Camp, i dont want to doubt Barca, but i'd think it would be pretty much over

19. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    oh yea inter score game over. JM wouldn't allow 3 goals to be scored against him.

Plus i wont b surprised if Inter kill Barca again. Barca is only good with the ball and i am sure JM is going to play on the Counter Attack.

20. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. I think Barca is gonna show up strong. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great game, considering Braca has to play beautiful football to win this game and Inter can counter as well as anyone in the world.

It's gonna be great to watch and not really care who wins.

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see the thing is, i don't know if Inter necessarily plays a counter attack brand... it seems like they are attacking at all times, technically yes a counter attack. but it seems like they love to let the other team have possession so they could pressure the shit out of them, the other team gets flustered and Inter capitalizes. they are a bunch of hungry dogs, waiting to hear the words from The Special One to pounce

[​IMG]

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jose is going to try and soke it up.

23. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    It's certainly going to be interesting. ONe thing left unmentioned is that although Inter played well in the 1st leg, they weren't perfect - in fact, if the game had gone another 10 minutes I would have put money on another Barca goal - they pinned Inter down for the last 10-15 minutes. So, I don't see Inter's D as unbreachable. Which reminds me - any news on Maicon? Is he back? (I almost wrote "His he back?" damn whoever titled that other thread...).

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I swear to God man. If Jose coaches Portugal it will be an automatic top 4 finish every tournament.

25. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its HT and its still 0-0.

Inter playing with a man down. But Barca still haven't got to test the GK.