The Jose "Special One" Mourinho Thread (Part 3.) [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Inter do manage to get by Barca, anyone think they will run over either Bayern or Lyon? I actually think Lyon would pose more of a thread. Bayerns forwards are nothing compared to Barca, and Robben is a very poor man's version of Messi.

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Bayern is clicking, they are hard to spot. I had a bet with my buddy since Christmas that Bayern was gonna win Champs League. Inter vs Bayern would be a hell of a final, but I think its gonna be Barca v Bayern

3. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Just as a side note: Balotelli. Wow. Hard to believe there's somebody even more pig-headed than Quaresma at Inter... Will Mourinho ever play the punk again? It was the freaking SEMI-FINALS of the Champions League against the best team in the World and you are up 3-1 - and you start pouting b/c the fans didn't like your decision-making?!? I don't know if you saw it but Inter was basically playing 10 x 11 at the end b/c he was unhappy and just stopped defending - he was just walking around, not even trying to chase down Barca players. I don't care how mean the fans are (and that includes racism, I'm sure) - I know, that sucks, but, wow, to do that in the semi-finals of the CL is incredible. Bottom line: if not already, this was probably the nail in the coffin for Balotelli's days at Inter. This might give Quaresma a shot to play a game or two before the end of the season (when he too will probably be shipped off too...).
    I guess there are limits to Mourinho's powers - not even the "Mage of Setubal" could transform Balotelli and Quaresma into team players...

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quaresma style is too different to what Mourinho wants. He needs too much time on the ball. Balotelli is just a young man, in a rather ignorant country.

5. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mourinho is the ONLY manager that can bring a WC/EURO title to Portugal. The man knows what he's doing and is capable of making smart decisions unlike CQ the overrated coach.

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea. Kinda sad that Balotelli's career is already over at like 19 years old. Can't say he doesn't deserve it

7. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    I agree that Italian fans can be horrible but there's just no excuse for that. I don't care if he's 19. He just quit. He abandoned his team in the semi-finals of the CL. If I'm the coach, if I'm a teammate, this guy is dead to me. Ship him off to Juve. He's not playing another minute at Inter.

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    He wore a AC Milan jersey too and still playing. Mourinho will still play him. He's a good player just thinks he's a primadonna.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was on a COMEDY show! He did it playfully. Ronaldo use to hint at Madrid all the time, "I like white jerseys", etc...etc.. The kid is 19, he will be fine. Cassano was a nut case, hell I consider him to be more of a nutcase then Balotelli and hes doing fine.

As long as he doesn't go the route of Mutu. But whatever, his car is dirty...all black carbon fiber R8.

10. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Supposedly he threw his inter shirt on the ground at the end of the match and materazzi picked it up and nearly beat his ass in the tunnel.

At Inter he's done....At 19 he'll have many more opportunities.

What a bunch of sore losers.

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would rather have Robben in my team than Messi. Robben is a work-horse and he was Bayern's driving force when Ribery got sent off. To say he's a poor man's Messi is a grave and injust insult to him. Messi can't carry teams, he needs teams to carry him. There lies the seperation between say, a Figo and a Rivaldo. Both great players, but the way one was able to carry a team compared to the other showed the true characteristics of a leader on the pitch.

12. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Madrid getting rid of Sneijder and Robben are exactly the reasons why they're so terrible. Both quality players who werent able to succeed to their potential at madrid.

13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way. Take Robben. I'd take Messi. My team would have many more championships when its all said and done. Your posts are usually better than this

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And both players are in the semis of the champions leagure, which Madrid failed in the round of 16

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They did the right thing by getting rid of Robben, Sneijder is quality though.

16. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Terrible?? Madrid is _not_ terrible - they are having an incredible season. It just so happens that Barcelona is having an even better season. Sneijder and Robben are not terrible - they are pretty good players. BUT, most emphatically Robben is _not_ better than Messi. That's nonsense. Only 2 teams in the last year and a half have successfully bottled up Messi from beginning to the end of the game and it required the attention of 2-3 players through the whole game.
    In Chelsea's case, they had to move Bosingwa to LB just to be able to contain him. Then, they further used Essien to contain him.
    In Inter's case, check out this guy's tactical breakdown to glean how Mourinho contained Messi and Xavi in one stroke:
    http://esquemastaticos.blogspot.com/2010/04/internazionale-3x1-barcelona-analise.html

Robben can be a dangerous player, but he's far easier to contain than Messi - mostly you just make sure to have a fast Full Back and you're all set. Messi is far more mobile and will appear everywhere - in front of defense, behind the defense, etc - required a dedicated team mindset (FB + DM attention to him all game long).

In Robben's case, he had a decent 2nd half against MU largely b/c MU was reduced to 10 players and Evra was exhausted. Before that, Robben hardly showed up in the game... And, just ask Miguel who he'd rather cover in a game - Robben or Messi...

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Robben better then Messi? Robben is not better then Nani or Simao, or Joe Cole, or Dani Alves.

Robben is easily neutralized. Like someone stated, a fast athletic RB, with some sense, and some tactical motivation is going no where. Robben is extremely one footed, even more so then Messi. At least Messi scores the odd goal with his right foot, never Robben. Hes not even a good crosser of the ball. In the United fixture he was blanketed before United went a man down, and mind you his most influential play came from a corner....

I would take Sneijder on PT anyday of the weak though....

18. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robben is nasty don't get me wrong. I rate him better than Simao and Nani. Nani could very well end up better than him tho. But Messi is light years ahead of Robben

Sneijder would walk on almost any NT right now

19. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Crazy talk. The guy just scored in the last 3 knockout stages, and all 3 of his goals may prove to be decisive. The guy is on a different level of all those players, especially Joe Cole. I have no idea where you got him.

20. burton

burton Member

May 12, 2004
    Somewhere in Europe
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you the same person?? Are you a messiah follower? Are you standing on the bandwagon Messi? Are you blind?? Robben is easily the best wide player in this world. Nani better...haha...are you freaking kidding us?? Are we so stupid or are you so smart?? Robben is vital...he was for Chelsea, he was for Madrid and he is for Bayern. Some off his teammates at Madrid said he was better then Messi, I do not agree...but...he is better then crybaby, showpony Ronaldo and "never be any good" Nani.

Robben is fast, bald, incredible left footed...and he is a mennace for any defender in this world. (Ask John Terry)
    Sure Messi is the more complete player then Robben, but Robben is not far behind technicly! He is faster then Messi..and they are both vital to the outcome off matches. and Joelzinho..please...shut it!

21. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Although I do think that Messi is better than Robben, you are all underrating him because he hasn`t had much oppurtunity to show what he can do due to injury. He pretty much put bayern munich past fiorentina and man utd with his decisive goals as well as being dangerous through out most matches. He`s been outperforming Ribery as well who I`m sure people would rate higher than those players.

He may always try to go on his left but he always seems to find a way to get on it like Messi. Sure he`s not on his level but he`s not as far off as most of you guys think.

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it is nice to read the truth from people that aren't even Bayern supporters, positive feedback for all of you :) i didn't even need to say anything because you are all on the same page as me :D

23. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're wrong. shut it.

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Amazing footballing characteristic. Ill happily play Dutch again with Robben wide.

[​IMG]

Robben is good, but not elite..

25. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Robben is one of ym fav players, and the only defender that i have seen stop him has been Miguel.

Besides that, no one has come close.

imagine robben vs paulo ferriera:eek:

:(