The José María Gutiérrez Hernández Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Re: Guti

Pernía is argentinian or did he do a Senna/Deco?

2. Coldplay

Coldplay Member

Apr 1, 2006

actually, I feel the Inconsistency of Guti is something that Spain NT should gamble on. just like everyonementioned earlier, when he is in form, he could be the best. he could offer something that Xavi, iniesta cannot provide. and in World cup this kinda knock out tournament, that is a huge asset.

3. elblanco

elblanco Member

Jan 26, 2006

given his attitude he doesn't deserve to go. given his competition he doesn't deserve to play even if he went.

4. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

That's nonsense.

5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

The second.

6. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005

this is true - it hurts the player - as demonstrated here with guti and it hurts the team - as they are comprimised by unsuitable players in key positions.

hopefully the ending of the perez era will hail a return to more sensible transfers.

7. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Guti's performance yesterday was sound. He did almost everything well and he did not delay any balls. He kept posession well and he looked like he was back in form.

8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

This is truly unbelievable, i really feel for Guti. Aragones has no excuse for dropping him. He has been quite good recently for us and he has been dropped. And i also cant understand the leaving out of De La Pena.

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

yeah this is the squad Aragones has named for a get-together on May 27th

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Santiago Canizares (Valencia)

Defenders: Antonio Lopez (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Ibanez (Atletico Madrid), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Juanito (Real Betis), Asier del Horno (Chelsea), Joan Capdevila (Deportivo Coruna), Michel Salgado (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Javi Venta (Villarreal)

Midfielders: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xavi (Barcelona), Joaquin (Real Betis), Luis Garcia (Liverpool), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), David Albelda (Valencia), Ruben Baraja (Valencia), Marcos Senna (Villarreal)

Forwards: Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid), Fernando Morientes (Liverpool), Raul (Real Madrid), David Villa (Valencia)

To be honest the players in the midfield portion all had solid seasons. But I'd take Guti over Baraja. Like someone mentioned, if he gets hot he will be unstoppable, and even if he doesn't its not like he's a horrid player. He's just good.

11. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006

Poor guy, his last chance...

12. RMCF

RMCF New Member

Apr 8, 2005

Guti is better than Baraja anyday.

13. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Yeh i dont know what Baraja has done to get into the squad. Guti was my pick over Baraja any day.

14. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

The funny thing is, choosing both Raul and Morientes is just as risky if not more than choosing Guti in the squad. Morientes has like 6 goals on the season, I know he amps up his game for the NT, but Raul has had a sh*t season as well, so who knows if their linkup will suddenly turn into magic. Guti is a good midfielder when he's off-form, but RaUL and Moro off form are....garbage. It just seems stupid to take that much risk with those 2 and then drop Guti for f**kin Baraja.

I'm jus ticked that this is dude's last World Cup and he's not on that plane.

15. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid

As much as i love em both i sure hope they aren't the two starting strikers. Guti wasn't the only one robbed, Pernia definitely deserved a call up.

16. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005

i can't explain myself when i see that baraja and xavi(whos been injured and not played a game in a while) Iniesta(who the f*ck is he?) and fabregas(young,inexpierienced) get a spot over guti. thats pretty pathetic of aragones.

17. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Nah Fabregas is a wonderkid, he has got the same qualities as rooney.

18. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I'd take Fabregas, and Iniesta has had a decent season. But its Baraja that I think is a mistake. Take Guti over him.

In regards to Spain's starting strikers, I'd think it would be Raul and Villa. Raul doesn't get dropped and Villa is the most in form of the minute.

19. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Just wanted to ask you guys what kind of role Guti will play next season.

He was only coming in when Capello was here last.

20. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I imagine he will come off the bench - something that he has done for every coach.

21. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I believe he will hold the ball, get fouled and seek revenge for the rest of the match.

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

This guy is one of favorite players at the team. I guess he's happy being a supersub, because I would just like to see him start and play a full season. Never going to happen at Madrid though.

23. madrid3

madrid3 New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Barbados

guti is good player and a big talent but attitude problems have cut him down maybe he'll get and extended run in the first team since capello has coached him before

24. Gmak

Gmak BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 13, 2005

Yes i love Zidane too

what? Zidane=sub? since when?

Why?

you are a world class fake supporter!

25. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA

and you're a world class fake poster. callete, por favor.