The Joe Biden Presidency I :: Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Jan 20, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What point(s) are you trying to make? Thanks.

xtomx repped this.
  2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Add a McDonalds, and a "cafe" selling overpriced Wiener Schnitzel with atrocious pommes, and what do you have?

A german raststätte! Elon has invented the raststätte!

dapip, Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You first saw a right wing meme about gas power generators to charge electric cars in Canada.

Someone pointed how the meme was bullshit you moved on to another meme.

And now you are going on about something you saw on facebook about the case study in Massachusetts where nobody died because they have a very high vaccination rate.

eventually you will move on to some other facebook meme and so on and so on.

Kazuma, onefineesq, Dr. Wankler and 5 others repped this.
  4. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's already happening. The Supercharger in Kettleman City (on I-5 almost exactly halfway between LA and the Bay) has a lounge with air conditioning, comfy chairs and a barista. You get a code on your Tesla's screen when you plug in which gets you in to the lounge. They sell Tesla merchandise there too, and if you know one thing about Tesla owners, they like to buy Tesla gear. We're kind of insufferable that way. Kettleman City has a bunch of fast food places - it was already well known as a pit stop for traffic between NorCal and SoCal - but it's not super walkable. The In-N-Out in Kettleman City is a pretty lengthy hike from the Supercharger - maybe half a mile - and lots of traffic on the streets from all the drivers pulling in and out of gas stations and restaurants.

Tesla is apparently planning carhop-style restaurants at future Superchargers, but none are open at this time that I am aware of.

NORML, dapip and xtomx repped this.
  5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That when the wrong word, goes in the right ear,
    I know why you've been lying to me

Dr. Wankler and Mike03 repped this.
  6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn’t forget to add a link. You got caught in another lie and are now trying to cover up by showing a long line at a Tesla charge station in Hope..

But, yes.. Tesla f**ked up by overselling the model 3s for their super charge network and by giving their cars a custom plug. There are adaptors, of course, but if Telsa used one of the standard plugs and/or allowed supercharging at non-Tesla charge stations their customers wouldn’t have to queue up for hours at a Tesla super charge station… They could have also made sure their charging network had enough capacity to meet the demand.

The great irony from that long line is that there is probably another company’s charging station within a mile that is completely empty. Tesla has intentionally locked their customers into their ecosystem and their ecosystem isn’t large enough to support them all.

No.. Stop lying. You posted a link to a diesel generator powered charger in Australia, I pointed out your link was wrong and that it was from Australia, to which you said it was in Hope, BC and tested. The connection is obvious.. it was only after I pointed out just how wrong you are that you dug out a link to a long line at a Tesla charge station in BC. A long one that has absolutely nothing to do with diesel powered charge stations. So.. again.. liar. Own up to being suckered into believing a meme. It’s okay. In fact, it’s far better to being caught in a lie and doubling down on that lie with another one.

xtomx repped this.
  7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Why are you guys feeding the troll?

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because you are banned from posting in the covid thread, it doesn’t mean you can move to other threads to spread disinformation about covid. A ban in the covid thread means you are not allowed to post about covid in other threads.

onefineesq and xtomx repped this.
  9. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve said it before on this forum. From what I understand, Tesla’s are among the best cars to own and drive… as long as you don’t have any problems with the car and never have to interact with Tesla. As soon as you have an issue, you may as well just total your car and start over.

10. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    It’s time to fish or cut bait.

11. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while I agree with you 100%, I don’t think a compact hatch would sell well in the US.. We like our cars big.

I bought an ID4 back in April. We’re coming up on 4 months waiting for the car to be manufactured in Germany and I haven’t heard a thing.. In fact, the only thing I’ve “heard” from VW is that they removed my expected delivery range (“winter 2021”) from my account, so who knows when I’ll get my car.

xtomx repped this.
  12. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    STOP TRYING TO CENSOR HIM!:mad:

13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was thisclose to ordering one in April/May, anticipating a 6 month wait. I decided to wait a while. I will likely order it in midWinter so it will arrive in Spring.

Did you get the 4 wheel drive version?

That is the one I want, since it has a decent tow capacity. Not sure I comfortable towing with it, but I have time to think about it.

14. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    rslfanboy, Deadtigers, Mike03 and 3 others repped this.
  15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If I were Biden, I'd wear a tan suit everyday. Let the Fox News cognoscenti heads explode. It might keep them railing on and on about the suit and nothing else important.

Mike03 repped this.
  16. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MattR, Auriaprottu and onefineesq repped this.
  17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I got the AWD version. I have no plans to tow with it tho. The range is already in the 250 mile range, I don’t want to know what the tow range is. :) Maybe for local towing like trips to the dump, but most of my towing is towing a trailer several hundred miles or more to go camping. Towing that distance is already slow enough, I don’t want to add multiple 30-60min stops to that trip.

related note and not sure this is an issue, but I did find out today that the AWD version is not towable. Gotta put that thing on a trailer if you’re going to tow it.

xtomx repped this.
  18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have a small (15' boat), so I am only talking about towing the boat to the river, about 5 miles or to the lakes, about 30 miles.
    I get your point about what the range would be.

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on the weight of the boat and trailer. If it’s lightweight, the impact might not be that big a factor, but I’d definitely test it around town before going out to the lake. :)

xtomx repped this.
  20. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Because you're posting shit.

Everyone here knows we're in an echo chamber. But I guarantee you we all try to seriously address the issues at hand. You just get in the way.

21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Democrats bad for economy part deux:

1423992564647186434 is not a valid tweet id

22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    By contrast, Joe just added 943K jobs. He's got this.

dapip and Ameijoas repped this.
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Neigh

dapip and Ameijoas repped this.